• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Vanilla Character's Changes W.I.P. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyHedgehog

MY RING!
(OUTDATED COMMENT. The mod isn't just a .DTA file)

Hello everyone!

I decided to make a SRB2 mod that changes things for Vanilla Characters!

Here's a screenshot to show I've started working on it! (I've been trying to find a way to make it a ZIP file and turn it into a PK3.)

2024-03-22 (1).png

I hope you all look forward to it! :D
(I'll release when it's done, and please don't ask me about the progress.)

Post automatically merged:

I think I can do this on my own, but I'll let yall know if I need help with something!

Last edited:
Do you have anything more than just a copied player.dta?
(OUTDATED COMMENT, removed attachment of the unfinished version of mod since I felt like it was unneeded. If you have my unfinished version, please don't share it. If your sad the unfinished version got removed, just play Cheeseboi's unfinished version)

Yes actually, here's an unfinished version I made as I want people to test the mod out.
Basically, I changed the code for the Vanilla Characters, as well as color changes.
The point of the mod is to change the Characters for more suitable things

Here's what I decided to do with the characters:
-Speedrunning: Sonic, and Metal Sonic.
-Exploration: Knuckles and Tails
-Characters used for whatever (lol): Fang and Amy

(I would like for people to give an Opinion on this.)

Last edited:
Ok, sorry for such the long wait for a response. But I think this mod is almost done?
I'm not completely sure.

But just to let you know, the mod is compatible with
XMomentum.

Sorry for being late to respond, but here are a couple of GIFs for the mod! Thanks Cheeseboi! for your unfinished version!

VCC GIF.gif
2ND VCC GIF.gif

As you can see, Rebound Dash is apart of this mod! I thought adding it would be cool since I thought the thok wasn't really a good move for Sonic in this game. I might lower Sonic's speed and the Rebound Dash speed, but who knows.

I'm actually having more fun creating this then I expected, lol. Didn't see that coming!

Btw, bumping this if anyone is gonna say something related to this quote.
I'll release when it's done, and please don't ask me about the progress.

I would like to have people play-test for my mod, it'd be nice! (And please don't start a thok debate here.)

Btw, sorry if the footage looks bad..... I recorded this on OBS and had to convert the video into a GIF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back