Tyson Hesse Sonic

Tyson Hesse Sonic v5.1

Okay, i found how to send gifs, so...
I found a glitch with that shield... just try to double jump(do not hold jump button) with that shield and boom, strange sounds and you cant dropdash...
srb20006.gif

Last edited:
Reviews don't bump the topic, so I'm gonna double dip.

Hesse Sonic causes some nasty framerate drops on levels with a lot of enemies. The script that checks for every enemy on the map is the main cause. It's such a minor part of the character that if you can't (or don't know how to) optimize it, I'd highly recommend removing it. A smooth framerate is always more important.

Lastly, his Air-spin-dash sharing the sounds with his grounded spin-dash can get pretty grating. I get why you did it, but the Air-ability is used way more often, and that sounds plays near constantly. You could grab something more subtle like Adventure's spin-dash sounds for the Air-ability.

Hesse Sonic causes some nasty framerate drops on levels with a lot of enemies. The script that checks for every enemy on the map is the main cause. It's such a minor part of the character that if you can't (or don't know how to) optimize it, I'd highly recommend removing it. A smooth framerate is always more important.

Lastly, his Air-spin-dash sharing the sounds with his grounded spin-dash can get pretty grating. I get why you did it, but the Air-ability is used way more often, and that sounds plays near constantly. You could grab something more subtle like Adventure's spin-dash sounds for the Air-ability.
I agree, but I think bluem is trying to stay as classic as possible... maybe a peel out sound instead?

Rule 17: Be respectful to artists, musicians, modders, etc. Always use constructive criticism. "This looks like ass" is not constructive.
some of the sprites look off a bit

Last edited:
for some reason despite loading the mod the sonic doesn't appear on my character select screen. might be a simple issue but does anyone know what i could be doing wrong?

Edit:fixed the issue, hadn't updated the game, my bad

Last edited:

quick question, just where can you find this framerate issue? trying to play this on some maps is a nightmare due to how much the framerate drops and rises so quickly, making it look like everything just skips frames (kinda like a time skip)
i'm trying to find it and i can't find it anywhere. i'm using SLADE (because i have no idea how to use lua)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back