Triangle Wipe Transition Effect - Give transitions some style!

[Open Assets] Triangle Wipe Transition Effect - Give transitions some style! 1.0

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

ashi

woof woof
Here it is!

attachment.php

This is something that I cooked up in about an hour or so. I had the idea for a while but never really put the time in to create it. Until I had looked into screen fades I thought this would require EXE modding. Boy was I wrong! This mod simply replaces the main fade effect with a triangle wipe variant.

attachment.php

Works with mods too! (Granted that they don't replace fades or you load it afterwards.)

It even works with Kart, 2.1, Persona, and Top Down!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Unfortunately this marks the vanilla game as modified. Sorry to those who play MP... :(

Kart doesn't care though!

Here are some other gifs.
attachment.php

No Reload

attachment.php

Stage Game Over to Continue Screen

Anyways I hope you enjoy it!

Attachments

• srb20439.gif
    660.8 KB · Views: 4,561
  • srb20436.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 9,622
  • srb20445.gif
    5.8 MB · Views: 4,554
  • srb20433.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 10,180
  • X_TriangleFades-v1.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 893
  • kart0000.gif
    kart0000.gif
    506 KB · Views: 5,115
  • srb2td0002.gif
    srb2td0002.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 5,014
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    452.5 KB · Views: 5,033
  • srb20449.gif
    192.9 KB · Views: 4,902
Last edited:
Fades... I remember when people found out you could mess around with them. Funny enough I was thinking about that the other day. I'm actually impressed how much stuff you can do with it. I actually didn't think the score was a fade that was customizable. It blew my mind lol. Other than that, I really appreciate it, custom fades look really good in SRB2. Would love to see more in the future. I'm definitely going to look into it again. Welcome to releases!

Yume Dragoon these transitions are amazing but please could u look into it so we can play with it in MP?

Oh my god, i remember seeing this in the discord server.
i gotta say, i really LOVE so much this transition, is just so epic.
good job, Yume!

Yume Dragoon these transitions are amazing but please could u look into it so we can play with it in MP?
It seems that they aren’t whitelisted. Meaning that they game marks itself as modified when they are edited. Unfortunately this is out of my control. Unless they whitelist fade effects.

It seems that they aren’t whitelisted. Meaning that they game marks itself as modified when they are edited. Unfortunately this is out of my control. Unless they whitelist fade effects.

I think there’s a way to whitelist files on your own accord but I have no knowledge in that realm.

Love these transitions!! Only thing odd is that the STJr screen looks odd with the new fades, maybe a separate fade can be made for it- perhaps even more triangle based fades for other screens!

how do I get the "no reload" effect?
"No Reload" is a stage flag, used primarily in Mystic Realm to preserve the status of Mystic Temples between deaths to prevent you from accidentally losing access to the stages they unlock. The vanilla stages don't use it, and I dunno of any other mod packs that use the flag.

"No Reload" is a stage flag, used primarily in Mystic Realm to preserve the status of Mystic Temples between deaths to prevent you from accidentally losing access to the stages they unlock. The vanilla stages don't use it, and I dunno of any other mod packs that use the flag.

oh ;-; (it looks really cool with this on tho lol)

2.3 needs to come with this included. (and also all stage transitions should use the NoReload fade)

It fits the SRB2 2.2 style a lot.

It needs to be included in the next update (with an option for those who prefers the old transition effect).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back