Time Warp Signs

Time Warp Signs v1.2

LionOte

Feline
LionOte submitted a new resource:

Time Warp Signs - Sonic CD Blast 2

In Sonic CD, one of its main selling points was the ability to time travel. Whenever I play a map, I can't help but wonder... Wouldn't it be nice for this map to have some sort of alternate version? Then this came to mind.

With that, I present to you the Time Warp signs from Sonic CD!

How do they work?
Very simple, really: time-travel signs will start to spin when you walk into them. From there, you'll glow blue (if going to the past) or red (if going...

Read more about this resource...

why not use the star sprites from the super form for the time travel trail? the light blue solid thok effect is very distracting and can block some of your vision

LionOte updated Time Warp Signs with a new update entry:

Time Travel Bugfix and Improvement Shitnanigans

Pretty simple first update. Added the following stuff:
  • Time-traveling particles are now colorized Super particles, as opposed to the distracting solid thok particles.
  • You can now use "Lua.loserings" in your map header as a true/false toggle. If true, the player will lose all of their rings when trying to time-travel away from the map. As an added bonus, the console command "tt_alwaysloserings" makes this happen no matter what, as an optional added challenge...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I got a little project going with this mod, third of the way done.
Im remaking timeflower zone from the srb2dvd mod, the mod from 2.1, i do have the signs done, but i cant show more than this cuz its over 8 mb for some reason. I might post about this in work in progress
srb20004.gif

A possible idea for a feature in a future version is to turn off the cutscene that happens when you warp to the past or the future, especially for lower-end PC's and mobile devices (like the original 1.0 version of this mod).

Either that or optimising the time warp cutscene. :threat:

LionOte updated Time Warp Signs with a new update entry:

Cutscene Optimization Options...ization

Pretty minor update TBH.
A possible idea for a feature in a future version is to turn off the cutscene that happens when you warp to the past or the future, especially for lower-end PC's and mobile devices (like the original 1.0 version of this mod).
  • You can now use the command "tt_cutscene" to adjust how detailed the time-travel cutscene is, as well as if it plays at all.
    • 0: The cutscene just doesn't play, similar to the 1.0 version of this mod...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've been trying to use this for a map pack I've been making (off and on every now and then for fun lol:threat:) but every time I try to use the signs it just takes me to THZ3. I put "Lua.pastmap = P4" and "Lua.futuremap = F4" at the bottom of the stage (the one in the gif here) entry in my MAINCFG file in the pk3. The map numbers are 4 for present, P4 for past and F4 for future. If I'm doing something wrong can you tell me? I can't find anything so I thought I'd ask here. Sorry for any unnecessary info, I just wanted to make sure anything I did wrong was apparent so I could fix this as fast as I could. Thanks!
srb20006.gif

I've been trying to use this for a map pack I've been making (off and on every now and then for fun lol:threat:) but every time I try to use the signs it just takes me to THZ3. I put "Lua.pastmap = P4" and "Lua.futuremap = F4" at the bottom of the stage (the one in the gif here) entry in my MAINCFG file in the pk3. The map numbers are 4 for present, P4 for past and F4 for future. If I'm doing something wrong can you tell me? I can't find anything so I thought I'd ask here. Sorry for any unnecessary info, I just wanted to make sure anything I did wrong was apparent so I could fix this as fast as I could. Thanks!
View attachment 87753
Ah, yes... I just tested it. Turns out those parameters don't support extended map numbers - you'll need to use standard integers.

I have been using this mod for some time for a project of mine....and what I saw was a lack of support for new versions.

Some bugs I found are:

in multiplayer don't even think about playing the maps with the signs to travel in time....if you don't want your player to get stuck in the air or jumping...(and if you change the map the game crashes )

In the time travel scene, in the gifs I saw there were no walls of areal garden zone... and when I tried this, in addition to the objects, walls of areal garden zone appeared and it looks horrible

srb20395.png

and the least important thing is a warning in the console...but that doesn't matter so much

I'm not necessarily asking for a patch but these problems should be taken into account by someone who wants to have this in their addon.

I have been using this mod for some time for a project of mine....and what I saw was a lack of support for new versions.

Some bugs I found are:

in multiplayer don't even think about playing the maps with the signs to travel in time....if you don't want your player to get stuck in the air or jumping...(and if you change the map the game crashes )

In the time travel scene, in the gifs I saw there were no walls of areal garden zone... and when I tried this, in addition to the objects, walls of areal garden zone appeared and it looks horrible

View attachment 100499

and the least important thing is a warning in the console...but that doesn't matter so much

I'm not necessarily asking for a patch but these problems should be taken into account by someone who wants to have this in their addon.
What's that hud?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back