• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

thesrb2fan12 in srb2

thesrb2fan12

That one guy making frontiers sonic
So i decided to try making a mod using my own sprites
however this also is UNFINSHED so please dont criticize me on sprites i havent made yet
For abilities most are just fangs abilities for now although he has the dash mode because without it most likely black core 1 would be unbeatable

Attachments

• CL_Thesrb2fan12_V1.wad
    502.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I suggest changing the name to something more creative and original rather than your literal username.

It's not the style that's the issue. The sprites themselves need mass improvement.
I agree. I know I use piskel, so I expect mine to suck. But yours aren't even 3D man. His head doesn't even look like a head. I understand you tried, but damn, there's a line for bad sprites, and you crossed it.

I agree. I know I use piskel, so I expect mine to suck. But yours aren't even 3D man. His head doesn't even look like a head. I understand you tried, but damn, there's a line for bad sprites, and you crossed it.
i use slade and i cant make 3d it takes to long and if i tried to make better sprites it would take a year just for a thread to be made
Post automatically merged:

you know what im actually thinking of canceling this one it sucks and its bad and theirs way better mods out there and if i release this everyones going to CALL ME LAZY so whats the point of trying anymore because people dont even care how you feel NO they just want a mod GREAT and if they dont get that THEY WILL YELL AND SHOUT at you Sometimes going as far as death threats

i use slade and i cant make 3d it takes to long and if i tried to make better sprites it would take a year just for a thread to be made

you know what im actually thinking of canceling this one it sucks and its bad and theirs way better mods out there and if i release this everyones going to CALL ME LAZY so whats the point of trying anymore because people dont even care how you feel NO they just want a mod GREAT and if they dont get that THEY WILL YELL AND SHOUT at you Sometimes going as far as death threats
tf are you on about :oh:
If your argument is that it takes too long to make good sprites, that's how it is. Nobody can just immediately be good at spriting.
Everything takes practice, time, and feedback. And we just want you to put in that type of effort.
It's also not like the sprites need to be good. As long as the character is fun to play as, it'd be a good character.

You're taking everything we said a bit too personally. Nobody was yelling. Nobody was threatening you. We were simply providing feedback.
Do what you will to the mod, but take what I said into account.

tf are you on about :oh:
If your argument is that it takes too long to make good sprites, that's how it is. Nobody can just immediately be good at spriting.
Everything takes practice, time, and feedback. And we just want you to put in that type of effort.
It's also not like the sprites need to be good. As long as the character is fun to play as, it'd be a good character.

You're taking everything we said a bit too personally. Nobody was yelling. Nobody was threatening you. We were simply providing feedback.
Do what you will to the mod, but take what I said into account.
the main problem is it takes to much time to make all the rotations, so i was kinda going for a paper mario like style. you know, where there isnt all rotations. i was thinking that was the main differing factor

Bruh :???:
We aren't gonna feel sorry for you because of your little speech there.
No one falls for that.
INSTEAD, why not try to improve? Y'know, look up tutorials, and try to build your own style, piece by piece.
the main problem is it takes to much time to make all the rotations, so i was kinda going for a paper mario like style. you know, where there isnt all rotations. i was thinking that was the main differing factor
And you could make the front and back style be a thin line, to make it feel paper mario-ish.

Bruh :???:
We aren't gonna feel sorry for you because of your little speech there.
No one falls for that.
INSTEAD, why not try to improve? Y'know, look up tutorials, and try to build your own style, piece by piece.

And you could make the front and back style be a thin line, to make it feel paper mario-ish.
good idea maybe i could do that

srb20091.gif

tried the idea it look good :threat: ima do it for the run, walk, and jump sprites next those should be easy then ill release this version

Last edited:
No full rotations?
And it honestly is 10% better
It doesn't look decent
Have you tried looking SRB2 spriting tutorials,they can be found in the pins in the SRB2 #spriting channel in discord

I got it done for the run and walk sprites

No full rotations?
And it honestly is 10% better
It doesn't look decent
Have you tried looking SRB2 spriting tutorials,they can be found in the pins in the SRB2 #spriting channel in discord
dont have discord

it would take a year just for a thread to be made
yeah, and what about it? my scourge mod’s taken over a year to make, and boy, that work has payed off. same with my trip the sungazer mod. it’s probably gonna take at least a year to make. that’s just part of modding. mods take time to make.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back