Surge the Tenrec!

Surge the Tenrec! 1.3

Minor bug: the simple mode targeting arrow does not appear while Surge is charged.

eggs.gif

It appears the mod makes MT_LOCKON delete itself if the Surge its owned by is charged. This was probably done to avoid displaying the homing attack targeting arrrow while charged, but an issue arises because simple mode targeting uses the same arrow. This can easily be fixed by simply not spawning the lockon arrow while Surge is charged (the mobj already removes itself if it's not respawned every tic).

If this behavior is desriable for some reason I'm not aware of, an alternate fix would be to use the blue or yellow version of the lockon arrow and only delete MT_LOCKON if it's in the correct state. Vanilla only uses those in CEZ2 where they're not considered owned by Surge.

This character is a great add-on! Now, how about making add-ons for Kit, Whisper and Dr. Starline? Just a suggestion, I'm not telling you to do it. I don't know about Kit (probably some water-based abilities), but Whisper could have abilities using her custom Wispon, like using her cyan wisp to shoot a laser at her foes, while she could use her green wisp to hover across chasms (basically like a slow glide function), she could also use her blue wisp to smack enemies (and the ol' egghead himself) upside the head. Starline could have abilities using his Tricore. He could tap into the Fly core part of it to fly high to normally out-of-the-way areas, while he could use the speed core part of it to run at breakneck speeds, outstripping any who dare to outrun him. Finally, he could use his Strength core section to pound the living daylights out of foes, while also being able to bust through breakable walls like there's nothing there at all. At least Whisper and Starline should have BattleMod and Persona support, 'cause I'm not quite sure how you'd do that with Kit.

Last edited:
This character is a great add-on! Now make add-ons for Kit, Whisper and Dr. Starline. I don't know about Kit (probably some water-based abilities), but Whisper could have abilities using her custom Wispon, like using her cyan wisp to shoot a laser at her foes, while she could use her green wisp to hover across chasms (basically like a slow glide function), she could also use her blue wisp to smack enemies (and the ol' egghead himself) upside the head. Starline could have abilities using his Tricore. He could tap into the Fly core part of it to fly high to normally out-of-the-way areas, while he could use the speed core part of it to run at breakneck speeds, outstripping any who dare to outrun him. Finally, he could use his Strength core section to pound the living daylights out of foes, while also being able to bust through breakable walls like there's nothing there at all. At least Whisper and Starline should have BattleMod and Persona support, 'cause I'm not quite sure how you'd do that with Kit.

How about you don't demand em to make characters

If Light wants to do it they'll do it

She's really fun to play, but would love to see a tutorial level ala Cacee! A little challenge level to showcase her skills would be great!

It dampened my experience with, like, one room of Egg Rock zone act 1, and even then merely mildly. Even WITH the bugs, when I realized the walls for an entire SECTION of Egg Rock 1 was electrified, I was pumped! Even when I struggled to Volt-Jump, I just decided to chain together way too many Volt-Dashes instead, and get through THAT way, and that was pretty fun! And being able to bounce off the final boss when it has that electric barrier was a neat detail.
Yeah, Surge is a blast to play! The way the charges work makes me want to play record attack with her and go for time records, but I don't think that works with mods, and I don't know of any way to make it work.
Hopefully this is fixed now!

qA3F7O3.gif

Minor bug: the simple mode targeting arrow does not appear while Surge is charged.

eggs.gif

It appears the mod makes MT_LOCKON delete itself if the Surge its owned by is charged. This was probably done to avoid displaying the homing attack targeting arrrow while charged, but an issue arises because simple mode targeting uses the same arrow. This can easily be fixed by simply not spawning the lockon arrow while Surge is charged (the mobj already removes itself if it's not respawned every tic).

If this behavior is desriable for some reason I'm not aware of, an alternate fix would be to use the blue or yellow version of the lockon arrow and only delete MT_LOCKON if it's in the correct state. Vanilla only uses those in CEZ2 where they're not considered owned by Surge.
Bzzzt!
TnyLEKg.gif

Just making some final checks just to make sure we're not missing anything.

...I used Botskin to get another Surge, CPU surge's trail could be WAY below me, and I can jump WAY above it, and I could still gain a charge from it. I think it's just the trail too, as I could jump over Deep Sea Zone's boss' electrical attacks and I wouldn't gain a charge.
Be sure to fix this as well! Just tested with another player, just to make sure, and it definitely is a thing. You can gain charges from Surge's electric trails far above/below you. It's like they ignore height in regards to giving another player a charge.

light dasher updated Surge the Tenrec! with a new update entry:

Surge Bugfix update!

Just a small bugfix patch to fix some of the bugs listed in the thread, as well as adding proper MRCE support.

Bugs fixed
-Fixed a bug that prevented Surge from gaining her volt jump and double jump after double jumping and then gaining a charge
-Fixed a bug with the Simple mode target symbol dissappearing when charged
-While I'm not sure if this was bugged, XMOM v1.3 should be working properly with Surge
-Fixed a bug in which Surge's trail extended infinitely vertically for other...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Surge is amazing, very fun! but can I post some bugs/odditys I found

using a charge jump as Super Surge using milne dance will cause the game to freak out, missing frames it says (?)

srb20031.gif

and getting a charge from a zap hazard while underwater will cause earrape (really loud x_x)
(volume warning) https://streamable.com/u32vdl

just wanted to point those out ^ ^;

Surge is amazing, very fun! but can I post some bugs/odditys I found

using a charge jump as Super Surge using milne dance will cause the game to freak out, missing frames it says (?)

View attachment 60052

and getting a charge from a zap hazard while underwater will cause earrape (really loud x_x)
(volume warning) https://streamable.com/u32vdl

just wanted to point those out ^ ^;
ahck... I wish you had pointed this out before the bugfix patch...

srb20098.gif

Truthfully im not sure if this is just an SRB2 interaction or specifically Surge (I don't recall ever having this happen before as other characters) but it would seem that activating Super form just as you destroy a badnik lets you skip the animation that would typically play out on activation

Its not necessarily harmful, just thought of pointing it out

light dasher updated Surge the Tenrec! with a new update entry:

Surge The Tenrec - SRB2Persona+Battlemod Update! (plus minor bug fixes)

View attachment 78933
Heyo! Weilding the powerful Izanagi, a new version of Surge for you all!
It adds in the fun SRB2P support I'm sure a few of you have been waiting for
View attachment 78944
View attachment 78939
Like a battery, gotta be careful how much juice you use!
And that's not all, with added Battlemod support you can now bonk your friends with added support!

Her moves vary depending if she has charge or not!
Grounded (Uncharged)...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

So i love this mod and im happy that there is also a persona mod.. but when i playied her on SRB2 Persona.. i was a little sad she did not speak...
i came up with a idea,, i actually Clipped a bunch of voice clips of Juri from Street fighter and kinda came up with a Proof of concept for a potental voice addtion to the persona mod..
tho again this is up to the creator if they want me to use proof of concept.. i got the clips ready i just need to show it off on a video
i also have NO REAL programing skills so its not exactly a "mod" i just got assests

Last edited:

here is my proof of concept

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back