Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. Version 2.3

Bug report I have for some reason Luigi is running on water and the ice is not slippery.

And apparently, I have a gif evidence but the MB website won't let me show my prof for some reason.
The former is intentional, it's an ability he has in SM64DS, alongside the scuttle jump and backflip twirl from the same game. The ice probably just doesn't feel slippery because Luigi is himself slippery by default (unless the code for that is screwed up, but I don't see it as that big of a deal).
I thought SMS Alfredo was still updating the mod from time to time.
Yuh-huh, I am. Though at the moment there's nothing glaring enough to warrant another update, so I'm leaving it be for now.

The former is intentional, it's an ability he has in SM64DS, alongside the scuttle jump and backflip twirl from the same game. The ice probably just doesn't feel slippery because Luigi is himself slippery by default (unless the code for that is screwed up, but I don't see it as that big of a deal).
Your right I don’t think everyone is bortherd about the code but thank you though!
Post automatically merged:

He's banned dude. Nothing he can do to help

Drik gave SMS permission to Own the mod after his banned please don’t add on to this.

Last edited:
bug report:

diving into a vertical/diagonal spring with Many Minor Tweaks loaded causes the dive to glitch out for the rest of the level

Last edited:
Could I please use the base powerup sprites for a WIP I'm working on? It's the Item Monitor -> Item Block thing; I want to make sprites for the glass block from Super Mario World in the off-chance it can be added, and since I'm hoping it'll all be compatible with this mod, I'll need your sprites.

I love this mod but I need some help.im trying to go super and I'm doing the right steps but I still can go super.can someone give me a gif and steps on how to go super?

I love this mod but I need some help.im trying to go super and I'm doing the right steps but I still can go super.can someone give me a gif and steps on how to go super?
To my knowledge, all it requires is 50 rings. You sure you've checked your ring count every time you tried?

Don't believe so; it wouldn't make sense for the check to be anything other than [Current Ring Count] > 49. Maybe something in the execution is wrong? Like, you're pressing something too early or letting go too early? I don't remember the steps for this mod myself, but I do remember having to struggle with it for a bit before it worked.

Edit: heck, since I'm not really using my controller for PS4 right now, I might as well hop on SRB2 to double check.

Don't believe so; it wouldn't make sense for the check to be anything other than [Current Ring Count] > 49. Maybe something in the execution is wrong? Like, you're pressing something too early or letting go too early? I don't remember the steps for this mod myself, but I do remember having to struggle with it for a bit before it worked.

Edit: heck, since I'm not really using my controller for PS4 right now, I might as well hop on SRB2 to double check.
Ok because I'm using a steam deck witch has Xbox controlls

I just spent longer than I should've trying to make a vif with it, but I guess my phone hates that because they look up right after Mario jumps up in them (or don't play at all.)

Basically, you want to hold what you have as your crouch button (or Custom 2), then jump before it starts the superjump input. If you did it right, Mario will crouchjump instead of a normal jump. Then, press Spin only when Mario's in the air.

I know you knew the steps, I just specified further in case some detail there isn't clear enough from the in-game description, or in case the execution of it is unclear itself.

I just spent longer than I should've trying to make a vif with it, but I guess my phone hates that because they look up right after Mario jumps up in them (or don't play at all.)

Basically, you want to hold what you have as your crouch button (or Custom 2), then jump before it starts the superjump input. If you did it right, Mario will crouchjump instead of a normal jump. Then, press Spin only when Mario's in the air.

I know you knew the steps, I just specified further in case some detail there isn't clear enough from the in-game description, or in case the execution of it is unclear itself.
Ok.just tried it and it still doesn't work but I do remember spamming these button and turned super once.by the way it was epic.

hey, will the chaotix dive bug ever be fixed? just wondering since its annoying for smb players like me when a server adds chaotix with mario bros and they're broken

I imagine what they mean is maybe a bug that either affects or removes the Mario Bros.'s dive if they're loaded alongside the recent Chaotix mod.

Chaotix Dive Bug???
srb20418.gif
this.

that may need to be fixed on chaotixs end since chaotix is the one that broke it and mods usually shouldnt conflict like that unless chaotix is doing something global weird

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back