Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. Version 2.3

There seems to be a bit of issue with newest version of this, as the power-ups no longer work as in previous versions. Like breaking a box now activates the power-up automatically rather than having to collect it. And the Force Shield is no longer replaced by the Fire Flower. I haven't disabled the power-ups or anything, this is just some awkward changes I've noticed after updating the mod and game. Are these all bugs?
srb20065.png

have you tried using the mariopowerup command? its supposed to toggle if the monitors give the mario power ups or shields. does that fix anything?

It's enabled. All the other power-ups work. It's just the monitors don't work like they did in previous versions and the Force Shield isn't being replaced. Looking at the this footage I recorded, the monitors in general seem to look kinda funky.

Attachments

• 2023-08-25 14-53-57.mp4
    22.1 MB
  • 2023-08-25 14-54-46.mp4
    17.8 MB
It's enabled. All the other power-ups work. It's just the monitors don't work like they did in previous versions and the Force Shield isn't being replaced. Looking at the this footage I recorded, the monitors in general seem to look kinda funky.
Do you have another mod enabled besides the Mario one?

I decided to test that, and weirdly yeah! Having the N64 Mario mod enabled for some reason breaks the way this mod's power-ups and monitors work.
Glad I'm not the only one who faces this problem. But there is a workaround. You gotta enable N64 Mario first before you enable the Super Mario Bros. if you want to keep the power-ups.

Last edited:
hi, when mario leaves a special stage in multiplayer mode he loses the item he was using in the previous stage. Also, could I make a suggestion for Mario and Luigi? basically it would be two new skills, one would be the ability to jump on top of other players like in super mario wii and the second would be the swing bros move. That's all, I hope it's not too much trouble.:oh: another thing swing bros move could work with any character?

When I play as Mario or Luigi, they always have red or green overalls with their red/green shirt instead of the blue overalls, like the previews suggest they should have. This is what they look like by default, and I'm new to srb2 so I haven't figured out how to change the palette in the main game. I can change the palette in srb2p but they always have matching overalls and shirts. Looked through the comments but haven't found someone with the same issue. Did I do something wrong when installing the mod?

edit: Fire Mario's clothes also turn completely white.
Post automatically merged:

I looked up how to change this manually however it does NOT reflect what is seen in-game. Mario's overalls are still red regardless of what color I choose in the special menu accessed from the console. (you can faintly see this in the screenshot)

Attachments

• greenluigi.png
    greenluigi.png
    180 KB · Views: 76
  • redmario.png
    redmario.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 59
  • whitefiremario.png
    whitefiremario.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 71
  • help.png
    help.png
    422.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
When I play as Mario or Luigi, they always have red or green overalls with their red/green shirt instead of the blue overalls, like the previews suggest they should have. This is what they look like by default, and I'm new to srb2 so I haven't figured out how to change the palette in the main game. I can change the palette in srb2p but they always have matching overalls and shirts. Looked through the comments but haven't found someone with the same issue. Did I do something wrong when installing the mod?

I looked up how to change this manually however it does NOT reflect what is seen in-game. Mario's overalls are still red regardless of what color I choose in the special menu accessed from the console. (you can faintly see this in the screenshot)
I found the primary color palette swapper in the multiplayer player 1 setup, and after some troubleshooting in multiplayer mode (since for some reason single player is locked to default palette) it seems like the pants are using the primary color setup instead of the secondary color. I asked around my friend group and it turns out the two of them who have tried the mod ALSO have this issue. I tried deleting and reinstalling the mod, which changed nothing at all.

Attachments

• srb20032.gif
    srb20032.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
I found the primary color palette swapper in the multiplayer player 1 setup, and after some troubleshooting in multiplayer mode (since for some reason single player is locked to default palette) it seems like the pants are using the primary color setup instead of the secondary color. I asked around my friend group and it turns out the two of them who have tried the mod ALSO have this issue. I tried deleting and reinstalling the mod, which changed nothing at all.
If I had to guess this is probably the unintended result of the new skincolor features added in 2.2.12, although as I am not a developer it could also be the cause of some other changed or added variable that I'm not aware of seeing as I don't dabble in lua programming.

srb20453.png

I tested this for myself and it seems to not be the case? I wish I could tell you what the issue is and fix it, but there seems to be nothing broken here.

Most I can tell you is make sure your version of SRB2 is updated, as this sort of thing happens in 2.2.10 as the overalls coloring now uses a feature introduced in 2.2.11.

View attachment 100601

I tested this for myself and it seems to not be the case? I wish I could tell you what the issue is and fix it, but there seems to be nothing broken here.

Most I can tell you is make sure your version of SRB2 is updated, as this sort of thing happens in 2.2.10 as the overalls coloring now uses a feature introduced in 2.2.11.
Okay, that makes sense! I was on 2.2.10. Unfortunately, after trying to patch the game with the official 2.2.13 patcher, the game no longer launches because it cannot find the "procedure start adress" in the DDL-file. Should I just delete and reinstall the whole game? Can I keep my save files if I do that? Or am I missing something simple?

Okay, that makes sense! I was on 2.2.10. Unfortunately, after trying to patch the game with the official 2.2.13 patcher, the game no longer launches because it cannot find the "procedure start adress" in the DDL-file. Should I just delete and reinstall the whole game? Can I keep my save files if I do that? Or am I missing something simple?
If you're going to unistall and reinstall, put your .ssg files (which are your saves) into a different folder before you do that.

Minor glitch: The Link Freeze icon appears in the hud icons whenever you pick on of the bros. Even when you are not in NiGHTS mode. Doesn't effect gameplay, But a bug nonetheless.

In a future update, make it so that if Mini Mario/Luigi runs towards a wall, they start running up it, and if they run off a ledge, they start running down the wall. Just to make this mod more accurate to the Mario games. I don't think it would be too hard to implement, except maybe the running off a ledge thing.

Is it possible to add custom power-ups to this mod? I wanna see a recreation of all the new power-ups from Wonder. I feel like the Bubble Flower would be the easiest to implement.

I think it would be interesting if P-Speed were implemented somehow. Maybe the Bros. would have a run button set to one of the unused customs, and after like 3-ish seconds of running they'd throw their arms out and sprint Mario 3/Mario World style, kind of like with the Cape. And doing that gives you an extra bit of jump height and better air control.

I also think that it would be cool to see the High Jump from Superstar Saga come back. Or maybe you could jump atop the other bro's head for a boost 3D World Style, and to activate the Spin you gotta spin first on the ground before jumping.

Bug report I have for some reason Luigi is running on water and the ice is not slippery.

And apparently, I have a gif evidence but the MB website won't let me show my prof for some reason.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back