Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. Version 2.3

Well, I dunno, I still kinda want t' know the reason. Not that I feel bad f'r 'im or anythin', he did seem like a bad person.
You can ask mods that: it's a variety of reasons brought together by multiple infractions and a previous ban history on the SRB2 OS didn't help.

from looking in files it seems it has to do with hey stinky. which allows mario to dance in multiplayer I think
just say hey stinky in chat
I just have a few issues with this mod, though it could just be me being bad at Mario games, nowadays.
  • Is there an option to have the dive and attack controls mapped to separate buttons? Like, diving on custom 1, hammer on fire normal and the fire/ice/gold/superball/cape on fire? Because having them mapped to the same button is really disorienting. Like, when I want to deal an attack on an enemy/boss but end up diving in the opposite direction instead because I just happened to dive the second I let go of the joystick.
giphy.gif

• Also, could the ground-pound not be mapped to the joystick in 2D? Having it mapped to spin only is just fine. Like, when I'm swimming in a 2D water area over a bottomless pit and I'm trying to move around but accidentally move the joystick down and ground-pound straight into the pit. There are just too many chances of that happening when you're just trying to make a simple left or right turn with the joystick.
giphy.gif

These are just my criticisms, so be sure to take these with a grain of salt.
Where did you get the level "Liftoff Gravity Zone" from?

Ive noticed that when ground pounding with a mega mushroom in netgames can cause lag and it mostly comes from the coins that drop from the sky after a ground pound. It causes a minor desynch but still very annoying when it happens every time you ground pound with a mega mushroom.

So, i would like to report a bug.

If you're playing as Mario and change your skin (either via BuddyEX or commands) that character's acceleration will be greatly decreased.
I'm not sure if it's buddy's fault of the mod's fault but you should look into it

Haha funny Mario goes bing bing wahoo

So, i would like to report a bug.

If you're playing as Mario and change your skin (either via BuddyEX or commands) that character's acceleration will be greatly decreased.
I'm not sure if it's buddy's fault of the mod's fault but you should look into it

Haha funny Mario goes bing bing wahoo
you should make a gif for proof

Where did you get the level "Liftoff Gravity Zone" from?
The level's been renamed as "Liftoff Gantry Zone," but that's not its actual name (could be "Green Hill Zone"). It's this Green Hill-esque stage that someone made for 2.1 from who knows when. I decided to port it for myself to play and added a few bells and whistles, like going into the background in 2D mode that you couldn't in the original level. It is merely for my own amusement, not for public distribution. I just needed any 2D level to prove my point.

Last edited:
The level's been renamed as "Liftoff Gantry Zone," but that's not its actual name (could be "Green Hill Zone"). It's this Green Hill-esque stage that someone made for 2.1 from who knows when. I decided to port it for myself to play and added a few bells and whistles, like going into the background in 2D mode that you couldn't in the original level. It is merely for my own amusement, not for public distribution. I just needed any 2D level to prove my point.
oh ok

well done but there is another that I found in the gamebana that came out before and it is very rare

well done but there is another that I found in the gamebana that came out before and it is very rare
Dude don't spread lies, and this is gamebanana we are talking about here.
Post automatically merged:

Not to mention you just joined today.

Dude don't spread lies, and this is gamebanana we are talking about here.
Post automatically merged:

Not to mention you just joined today.
OBJECTION! They are not lying about the GameBanana Mario mod. I've known of it for a while now. It is not officially related to this mod, naturally, but it was actually ok for a GameBanana mod.

¡OBJECIÓN! No mienten sobre el mod GameBanana Mario. Lo sé desde hace un tiempo. No está oficialmente relacionado con este mod, naturalmente, pero en realidad estaba bien para un mod de GameBanana.
¿Y esto?

I was browsing through the files in slade (im not a criminal i swear i just wanted to rip the music) and i noticed the mario land songs are actually .gbs files. How did you even get srb2 to play those? Does it natively support them? is this some lua wizardry?

This is a really good mod, and I had a lot of fun using it! It's really fun to use, the fact that you've added powerups, moves from the actual games and even referencing to fan creations is both refreshing to play and very clever on your part. First I should get out what I like:
- His moveset is fun and easy to get the hang of, and can really be used to your advantage in levels (Even modded ones)
- Powerups have been used in a way that makes them feel satisfying to get, all of them are really good and I love that they can be carried to the next level
- The custom music is a smart idea and the drowning theme slaps like my god it sounds so good
- hey stinky

My only issue is with match/ctf:
- Getting any powerup in match gives 1000 points, which is broken when match is about whoever gets the most points
- The mega mushroom is very overpowered in ringslinger types, as the player can just spam ground pounds which can be extremely irritating
- When mario gets weapons/emeralds, he cant lose them unless he dies, even when you do kill him, they don't drop, they disappear

Despite these, I love this mod and wish the best for it in future updates for both the mod and srb2 itself (god forbid it breaks in 2.2.10)

This is a really good mod, and I had a lot of fun using it! It's really fun to use, the fact that you've added powerups, moves from the actual games and even referencing to fan creations is both refreshing to play and very clever on your part. First I should get out what I like:
- His moveset is fun and easy to get the hang of, and can really be used to your advantage in levels (Even modded ones)
- Powerups have been used in a way that makes them feel satisfying to get, all of them are really good and I love that they can be carried to the next level
- The custom music is a smart idea and the drowning theme slaps like my god it sounds so good
- hey stinky

My only issue is with match/ctf:
- Getting any powerup in match gives 1000 points, which is broken when match is about whoever gets the most points
- The mega mushroom is very overpowered in ringslinger types, as the player can just spam ground pounds which can be extremely irritating
- When mario gets weapons/emeralds, he cant lose them unless he dies, even when you do kill him, they don't drop, they disappear

Despite these, I love this mod and wish the best for it in future updates for both the mod and srb2 itself (god forbid it breaks in 2.2.10)
I want you to know the drowning theme comes from one of my favorite gba games: Mario vs Donkey Kong!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back