Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. Version 2.3

Is it possible to have an option to remove the side-flip, like there's options to remove the dive-on-attack and WASD-spin? I find that I'm far too often trying to slow down on a platform, only to go randomly flying in the opposite direction because of the stupid side-flip.

Other than that, this mod's pretty dang perfect. Heavily enjoying it.
Not to be rude, but that’s simply a skill issue. You perform a side flip by immediately inputting the opposite direction and then jumping. If you pull back to slow down but still plan on jumping, just press forwards again. It’s simply a matter of getting used to the controls as this happens in regular 3D Mario games

I don't know why, but it REALLY looks like Mario bros
srb20018.gif

Is there a way you could make the mini, mega, and kuribo's shoe model-compatible? Thanks in advance! It'd help a lot.

Probably my only criticism is the metal cap, as it's rather useless. Yeah you can breathe underwater, but you're no longer able to gain infinite height with swimming, which is a pretty powerful ability to have in sonic water levels. You'd probably be better off with fire or cape.
Maybe the metal cap could not only have spike+drowning immunity, but also fire immunity (like metal wario in 64 DS, who could walk in lava just fine),
or maybe reference mario kart and have Metal Mario move faster, but accelerate slower...
or even a hammer upgrade, somehow?
maybe enemies that would normally hurt when jumped on could suddenly be jumped on as metal?
minor projectile immunity, like Sonic 3?
I may be just droning on and on, but the metal cap is a bit lackluster as-is. Hecc, mini Mario gains an ability, which is to run on water.
Post automatically merged:

Also, I keep accidentally doing WASD-spins, but I don't want to turn them off so I can still do them in midair. I think trying to move a certain direction, or trying to very slowly turn while the camera turns adds up and makes accidental spins common/easy.

Maybe the metal cap could not only have spike+drowning immunity, but also fire immunity (like metal wario in 64 DS, who could walk in lava just fine),
or maybe reference mario kart and have Metal Mario move faster, but accelerate slower...
or even a hammer upgrade, somehow?
maybe enemies that would normally hurt when jumped on could suddenly be jumped on as metal?
minor projectile immunity, like Sonic 3?
I may be just droning on and on, but the metal cap is a bit lackluster as-is. Hecc, mini Mario gains an ability, which is to run on water.
Post automatically merged:

Also, I keep accidentally doing WASD-spins, but I don't want to turn them off so I can still do them in midair. I think trying to move a certain direction, or trying to very slowly turn while the camera turns adds up and makes accidental spins common/easy.
It is immune to fire. I mean after all it does replace the elemental shield(the fire and water combined one)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back