Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. Version 2.3

Great character! He fits right at home in the Pipe Towers :>
srb20042.gif

Though I have a slight nitpick here - while I was tinkering around in objectplace mode checking the power-ups, I noticed that you can still wall jump and grab onto ledges in Kuribo's Shoe (despite not being able to dive, long jump, etc. which makes sense).
srb20043.gif

Great character! He fits right at home in the Pipe Towers :>
View attachment 56047

Though I have a slight nitpick here - while I was tinkering around in objectplace mode checking the power-ups, I noticed that you can still wall jump and grab onto ledges in Kuribo's Shoe (despite not being able to dive, long jump, etc. which makes sense).
View attachment 56048
You can dive in the shoe just pres spin 2 times really fast ( in air obviously )

I found a glitch where when you bonk on a wall, and press jump you wall jump even though you should've bonked and fell.
View attachment 56034
(dont question the coins hud, i made it but didn't release it.)
(also this only works when you long jump, trust me i tried while diving.)
that's actually entirely intentional, it's a reference to an exploit in super mario 64 where you can walljump after long jumping if you time it right, even though the game is designed to make you bonk off it first!

nice, now i can speed run this the way a sm64 speedrunner would
It ain't a BLJ if you don't build up speed.
Hint: you need to find a way to Long Jump back and land the very next frame.
Post automatically merged:

thats not what im asking. There are normal sonic rings in gif you posted. Instead of mario rings
"Instead of mario rings"
Those're coins, m'dude

you cant there is no negative speed

It ain't a BLJ if you don't build up speed.
Hint: you need to find a way to Long Jump back and land the very next frame.

"Instead of mario rings"
Those're coins, m'dude
I will fix that

you cant there is no negative speed
Correction: You cannot BLJ, not because there is no "negative speed" (you do go backwards, which can be treated as negative momx or momy values based on camera angle), but rather negative momentum values aren't allowed to fly off into infinity in the physics engine, which is why the BLJ works in the first place: a lack of a negative speed cap.

I found a glitch where when you bonk on a wall, and press jump you wall jump even though you should've bonked and fell.
View attachment 56034
(dont question the coins hud, i made it but didn't release it.)
(also this only works when you long jump, trust me i tried while diving.)
accuracy seemed to be their goal with this mod

Attachments

• Super Mario 64 (U) - Project64 2.3.2.202 2021-11-03 12-27-04.mp4
    1.7 MB
if only there was "input leniency", like SMS, where for example, pressing jump almost instantly (like, playing with touchscreen and having jump and spin overlapping, and sliding your finder from spin to jump) after spin would count as you having both pressed at the same time for just long enough to say, do a long jump. I would be convenient for touchscreen/mobile players, although I don't know how viable it would be to implement.

if only there was "input leniency", like SMS, where for example, pressing jump almost instantly (like, playing with touchscreen and having jump and spin overlapping, and sliding your finder from spin to jump) after spin would count as you having both pressed at the same time for just long enough to say, do a long jump. I would be convenient for touchscreen/mobile players, although I don't know how viable it would be to implement.
I dont mean to be rude but what the fuck are you talking about

I dont mean to be rude but what the fuck are you talking about
basically, look at the video, and remember how SMS needs you to press both spin AND jump to do a homing attack. Yet, in this gif, I simply put my thumb on spin, then slid to jump, which worked because of what I was talking about.

Attachments

• srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 100
Is it possible to have an option to remove the side-flip, like there's options to remove the dive-on-attack and WASD-spin? I find that I'm far too often trying to slow down on a platform, only to go randomly flying in the opposite direction because of the stupid side-flip.

Other than that, this mod's pretty dang perfect. Heavily enjoying it.

Is it possible to have an option to remove the side-flip, like there's options to remove the dive-on-attack and WASD-spin? I find that I'm far too often trying to slow down on a platform, only to go randomly flying in the opposite direction because of the stupid side-flip.

I got used to it by diving back and slowing down mid-dive to get on the platform.

Just type "mariomenu" in console.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back