Super Mario Bros. in SRB2Kart

DirkTheHusky

Team Kinetic RPG
I said I was going to put them in SRB2Kart and I wasn't joking one bit. After a few days of sprite work, the Super Mario Brothers has come to SRB2Kart to see how Sonic and crew do their racing in their style!

Mario:
attachment.php

attachment.php

The hero of the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario has the same weight as Knuckles but he's a bit faster than him. Making him another good choice for starters.

Stats:
Speed = 6
Weight = 5

Luigi:
attachment.php

attachment.php

The one that we all keep forgetting his actual name and saved his bro from a haunted mansion. Luigi is faster than his bro, but also has harder handling.

Speed: 8
Weight: 7

There are even some references from the brothers' classic games on the SNES. Bet you can figure out which one is which game its from.

The download below contains the lua and lua less version. The lua version contains the color changing overalls. There are so many combinations for the bros. However, this means you can't use them in Staff Attack. But don't worry! The lua less version doesn't contain the lua so you can enjoy beating dev times with them.

Changelog:
Release 3:
Version 3.01:
- Fixed luigi's overralls combinations from being duplicates of Super Show Mario's. Now you can take a look at Luigi's actual color combinations.

Version 3:
- Luigi has joined with Mario in the SRB2 Grand Prix!
- The wad name is now renamed from kc_mario to kc_mariobros!
- Added a lua less version so you can play as the bros in Staff Attack
- Mario's overralls now appear in the player setup whenever using the lua version

Release 2:
Version 2b:
- Added PK3 Support
- Fixed offsets on some rotations on the drift frames. This also included the overalls' offsets when drifting is in play

Version 2:
- Mario's overalls now change depending on skincolors! Just like Kirby and Pointy Sonic! Take a look at 63 combinations and you'll see many different
color combinations that you might recognize, or see many combinations that I had in mind. Lua done by Tripel for both Kirby and Pointy Sonic.

-Fixed offsets with the back diagonal sprites

Release 1:
Version 1.01:
-Tweaked the volume of the voice clips.

Credits:
MotorRoach: Spriting Assistance
Tripel the fox: Lua for the color changing overralls
VelocitOni: Providing me Kart template sprites

Attachments

• KartStat.png
    KartStat.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 38,450
  • KartStat.png
    KartStat.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 24,889
  • KartStat2.png
    KartStat2.png
    157 KB · Views: 26,052
  • KartStat2.png
    KartStat2.png
    157 KB · Views: 15,782
  • kart0025.gif
    kart0025.gif
    433.1 KB · Views: 22,383
  • kart0025.gif
    kart0025.gif
    433.1 KB · Views: 25,655
  • kart0029.gif
    kart0029.gif
    892.8 KB · Views: 16,016
  • kart0029.gif
    kart0029.gif
    892.8 KB · Views: 24,123
  • kart0026.gif
    kart0026.gif
    2 MB · Views: 1,134
  • kart0030.gif
    kart0030.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,561
  • KartChar_MarioBros-v1.zip
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 6,926
  • KartChar_MarioBros-v1.zip
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 6,106
Last edited:
Renamed the wad file to "kc_mario-V1.wad". Also fixed an error where Mario plays a SFX file from Metal Sonic when he bypasses a race.

im sorry but am i the only one that thinks mario looks clinically depressed here?
DslmYnFXcAAAgbN.jpg

Great mod OP. The spritework is incredible.

im sorry but am i the only one that thinks mario looks clinically depressed here?
DslmYnFXcAAAgbN.jpg

He's been stuck playing MK8 for almost 5 years and now has to go to Sonic's game to get something new (instead of the other way around), cut him some slack. ;P

Last edited:
  • Cool!
Reactions: Dee
Great mod OP. The spritework is incredible.

He's been stuck playing MK8 for almost 5 years and now has to go to Sonic's game to get something new (instead of the other way around), cut him some slack. ;P

He's depressed because no one uses him on smash.

Okie Dokie! The actual Version 2 update has arrived with a feature that we've seen before.

Mario now has color changing overralls! The color of them depends on the skincolor you use. There 63 in total!

attachment.php

Also fixed the offset issues with his back diagonal sprites.

I'll hopefully expand this color combination feature some time in the future.

Question: How does this even work? You just go to the character color change menu and change its color like everybody else? It has to be possible right?

Version 2b has been released! Adds in PK3 Support and fixes offsets on some of the rotations on the drift frames. This also included the separate overall sprites when drifting is in play.

Excuse Me, WHAT?!? YOU MADE MARIO IN SRB2 KART AND NOT IN THE ACTUAL SRB2, YOU CANCELLED THE MARIO WAD TO A TYPE OF SONIC OC!?!? i hate the society

Psst. Hey. It's his work. If you're gonna complain about stuff that others did in their own time because they wanted to, how about you try making 150+ frames yourself? That's how much vanilla SRB2 needs.

Sneak Peek of a new update

With so many kart stuff I've done, I would proudly show you guys a sneak peek on the next update of this thread. Not only you get to play as Mario, but you can also play as Green Mario too!

attachment.php

And hopefully make a separate version of them so you can enjoy their custom colors in netgames and a version without lua so you can play as them in Staff Attack. Stay tuned!

Attachments

• kart0019.gif
    kart0019.gif
    738.4 KB · Views: 14,975
  • kart0019.gif
    kart0019.gif
    738.4 KB · Views: 16,242
With so many kart stuff I've done, I would proudly show you guys a sneak peek on the next update of this thread. Not only you get to play as Mario, but you can also play as Green Mario too!

attachment.php

And hopefully make a separate version of them so you can enjoy their custom colors in netgames and a version without lua so you can play as them in Staff Attack. Stay tuned!

Finnaly, Green Mario in SRB2 Kart

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back