• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super AMrio

Status
Not open for further replies.

greennick78sh

Mod dev of 7 years with no released mods
So this is my first post on here so correct me if I get any formatting or tags wrong.

So this is Super AMrio! A mod spawned from an inside joke on a private server like 1 year ago about low quality OC's, and me (I cant even remember if it was on purpose or accident that's how long its been!) misspelling the name Mario. After making a short, 4 level demo to show and release to my friends, great! I'm on amazing pace to finish this in a month! flash forward a year, suffice to say that didn't happen... Last month I finally decided to get on this project again! And after finishing a private demo for a server host that I know well, all I needed to do to get a public demo out was just fix a few bugs and replace placeholder music that I didn't have permission to use, and it would be good to send off! Fast forward a month of me almost getting back into the habit of doing nothing before fixing the issues in like less than an hour and we're here! 8 short levels, a hidden special stage, an introduction map, and some simplistic character changes, and a Mario theming not really done for a whole map pack before, and that gives us this. Anyways enough of this entire auto-biography and onto the stuff that matters!

Screenshots:
srb21513.png
srb21514.png
srb21515.png

To-do/Known issues:
  • A completed save file with save select unlocked can go to the first stage with a special stage token and grind all 7 chaos emeralds without actually finding all 7 locations. This isn't an issue now but it will be by the final release.
  • Some levels use normal sonic springs while others use the correct trampolines, every spring needs to become a trampoline.
  • The item block in the intro stage contains 2 mushrooms instead of 1, I wont change this though as some people might wanna run this map pack in MP later on and unless I can some how cobble up code to spawn an amount of mushrooms equal to the amount of players in the server only 1 player gets a mushroom.
  • Coins give protection against hits, I need to somehow remove this AND I might need to change a few levels to fit this change.
  • The title currently is the same as the regular srb2 title, I have a logo and title map made but both need to be changed because the logo looks horrible and the title map is too much of a clusterfuck.
  • The intro stage has no music, it used to but when changing the placeholder music I could find nothing to match its style.
  • There are no map icons.
  • The second hidden pipe crashes the game, this is because it leads to an invalid level (2-1, map09) so it should fix automatically by the time a second demo rolls around.
  • the bowser sprites are bad, they use the default sprites which haven't been changed since 2.1 due to that being the last version to use bowser in the levels.
  • AMrio and frog currently have no swimming sprites so they look like they're just rocketing up.
  • The swim speed is too high, so you jump 7 feet out of the water.
  • The tunnels in 1-2 are a bit tight for the camera.
  • Frog (the K.T.E replacement) is called C*FROG on the lives icon, I'll keep this as its a cheeky reference to crazy frog and an alternate to toad but I wanna change his name everywhere else because calling the blue dude who is the worst at jumping "frog", something KNOWN in media for jumping high is completely backwards, misleading, and stupid. Same thing applies to Amy when I eventually add her.
  • The character select hasnt been changed at all.
  • There appears to be a GRAVE bloating issue, something in the mod is taking up a TON of space to where this small demo is already 39MB in size. I dont know how big a standard file is, but the largest mod I have downloaded is srb2thepast, at 117MB, and that mod had a ton more stuff than this, so I just have to hope right now that by the time the mod is finished that the file isnt like 500MB large.
Plans:
  • 9 worlds of 8 levels, the ninth world will be a secret only for those who get all the emeralds.
  • 3 unlockable characters.
  • New power ups (this one isn't a guarantee, I may end up releasing the mod with just the fire flower and shields).
  • New enemies.
  • 2 bosses per world.
  • New match maps (again, not a guarantee as I dont really like ringslinger and ive also grown a disliking for more recent battle mod versions, so if I cant make good maps than theres no reason to include them).
  • A .bat file to quick load the mod without having to go through the menus and splash screens. This is mainly to avoid the player seeing 2 intros, and 2 different title screens.
  • A tutorial level.
  • A modified end credits scene. (possibly even variation depending on the level you ended on?)
  • New modes?? (just a thought though, VERY UNLIKELY)
Download:
Post automatically merged:

I should also probably point out, thanks to team blue spring for the reusable assets (nicer looking goombas, most of the textures, the koopas, nicer looking fire flowers, the mushrooms, and the trampolines).

Last edited:
thanks, ive made a bit of progress on making world 2, but i need to find new music for all of the place holders and missing tracks. im planning to eventually release a world 3 demo, later on a world 5 demo and thats it before the final release.

Looks it's not just top meme horse shit for super cool blockheads.
It's Mario koopa blast 2
LOL

But i'll wait for released

Why doeant exist?
He just renamed to pipe tower! 😁👍
and changed like the whole entire level.
Mario koopa blast and pipe towers are quite different.

So this is my first post on here so correct me if I get any formatting or tags wrong.

So this is Super AMrio! A mod spawned from an inside joke on a private server like 1 year ago about low quality OC's, and me (I cant even remember if it was on purpose or accident that's how long its been!) misspelling the name Mario. After making a short, 4 level demo to show and release to my friends, great! I'm on amazing pace to finish this in a month! flash forward a year, suffice to say that didn't happen... Last month I finally decided to get on this project again! And after finishing a private demo for a server host that I know well, all I needed to do to get a public demo out was just fix a few bugs and replace placeholder music that I didn't have permission to use, and it would be good to send off! Fast forward a month of me almost getting back into the habit of doing nothing before fixing the issues in like less than an hour and we're here! 8 short levels, a hidden special stage, an introduction map, and some simplistic character changes, and a Mario theming not really done for a whole map pack before, and that gives us this. Anyways enough of this entire auto-biography and onto the stuff that matters!

Screenshots:
View attachment 82028View attachment 82029View attachment 82030

To-do/Known issues:
  • A completed save file with save select unlocked can go to the first stage with a special stage token and grind all 7 chaos emeralds without actually finding all 7 locations. This isn't an issue now but it will be by the final release.
  • Some levels use normal sonic springs while others use the correct trampolines, every spring needs to become a trampoline.
  • The item block in the intro stage contains 2 mushrooms instead of 1, I wont change this though as some people might wanna run this map pack in MP later on and unless I can some how cobble up code to spawn an amount of mushrooms equal to the amount of players in the server only 1 player gets a mushroom.
  • Coins give protection against hits, I need to somehow remove this AND I might need to change a few levels to fit this change.
  • The title currently is the same as the regular srb2 title, I have a logo and title map made but both need to be changed because the logo looks horrible and the title map is too much of a clusterfuck.
  • The intro stage has no music, it used to but when changing the placeholder music I could find nothing to match its style.
  • There are no map icons.
  • The second hidden pipe crashes the game, this is because it leads to an invalid level (2-1, map09) so it should fix automatically by the time a second demo rolls around.
  • the bowser sprites are bad, they use the default sprites which haven't been changed since 2.1 due to that being the last version to use bowser in the levels.
  • AMrio and frog currently have no swimming sprites so they look like they're just rocketing up.
  • The swim speed is too high, so you jump 7 feet out of the water.
  • The tunnels in 1-2 are a bit tight for the camera.
  • Frog (the K.T.E replacement) is called C*FROG on the lives icon, I'll keep this as its a cheeky reference to crazy frog and an alternate to toad but I wanna change his name everywhere else because calling the blue dude who is the worst at jumping "frog", something KNOWN in media for jumping high is completely backwards, misleading, and stupid. Same thing applies to Amy when I eventually add her.
  • The character select hasnt been changed at all.
  • There appears to be a GRAVE bloating issue, something in the mod is taking up a TON of space to where this small demo is already 39MB in size. I dont know how big a standard file is, but the largest mod I have downloaded is srb2thepast, at 117MB, and that mod had a ton more stuff than this, so I just have to hope right now that by the time the mod is finished that the file isnt like 500MB large.
Plans:
  • 9 worlds of 8 levels, the ninth world will be a secret only for those who get all the emeralds.
  • 3 unlockable characters.
  • New power ups (this one isn't a guarantee, I may end up releasing the mod with just the fire flower and shields).
  • New enemies.
  • 2 bosses per world.
  • New match maps (again, not a guarantee as I dont really like ringslinger and ive also grown a disliking for more recent battle mod versions, so if I cant make good maps than theres no reason to include them).
  • A .bat file to quick load the mod without having to go through the menus and splash screens. This is mainly to avoid the player seeing 2 intros, and 2 different title screens.
  • A tutorial level.
  • A modified end credits scene. (possibly even variation depending on the level you ended on?)
  • New modes?? (just a thought though, VERY UNLIKELY)
Download:

I should also probably point out, thanks to team blue spring for the reusable assets (nicer looking goombas, most of the textures, the koopas, nicer looking fire flowers, the mushrooms, and the trampolines).
STJR please hire this guy

Why doeant exist?
He just renamed to pipe tower! 😁👍
Nope,thats entierly NOT the truth.

Mario Koopa Blast existed only in Demo versions of SRB2, and will NEVER have a sequel.It had 3 acts in one zone: Overworld, Underground, and The Castle.

In 2.1, Overworld and Underground were fused into an unlockable Mario level that we all get at 25 emblems- Pipe Towers.However,this not a sequel to Mario Koopa Blast.
So yeah,Mario Koopa Blast 2 will never exist.

Lets get back to the topic of Supra Amrio.

Nope,thats entierly NOT the truth.

Mario Koopa Blast existed only in Demo versions of SRB2, and will NEVER have a sequel.It had 3 acts in one zone: Overworld, Underground, and The Castle.

In 2.1, Overworld and Underground were fused into an unlockable Mario level that we all get at 25 emblems- Pipe Towers.However,this not a sequel to Mario Koopa Blast.
So yeah,Mario Koopa Blast 2 will never exist.

Lets get back to the topic of Supra Amrio.
Don't assume stuff cause there is something like that being made, it's called pipe kingdom zone, and its a full on level pack including mario mechanics like super mushrooms, and even a full on custom pause menu.

Looks it's not just top meme horse shit for super cool blockheads.
It's Mario koopa blast 2
LOL

But i'll wait for released
Dog, dont wanna be the bearer of bad news but its been almost a year since the last update. Im going to have to restart work on this mod somewhere down the road as i've lost the harddrive containing the sourcecode for the mod and im currently busy with another mod. This mod will see the light of day eventually, just not anytime soon. This mod was caught in a tricky web, I started development on one mod, than this mod due to an injoke, and than after this mod like 5 other mods followed, none of which will likely see the light of day. If you still are hoping for this map pack, you're gonna have to hold out for a long time.

And note this mod was halted not because of complete burnout but for 3 main reasons.
  1. After getting 1-1 through 1-4 done mod progress slowed significantly, again not due to a complete lack of interest or developmental issues, but just because bigger things kept grabbing my attention and pulling me away from the mod
  2. I've lost the pk3 and 90% of the source code for the mod as stated above, I could have downloaded the pk3 from here and restarted work from that but it seemed like too much effort and did generally lower the steam I had on top of the other factors
  3. As stated above before this came another mod, I think it was a dungeon crawler type thing (I know I was making a mod like that I just don't remember if that came before or after this mod started), than came this mod, than another mod, than a mod concept, than a single map for a mod I was planning to make that never got continued, than a concept in my head that never had anything made for it, than I resumed on this mod, than start another mod, than I go back to that other mod concept, than I resume on this mod again, and than suddenly I remember that old mod idea that popped into my head for 5 seconds again and start making that except its nothing like the original concept I thought up! All of this piled up and created on big web of a bunch of husks of mods that were certainly doomed from the start, and I didn't register it, maybe I was just oblivious to what I was doing, but at least a small part of me if not all of realized that I had dug way too deep and that half of these mods were never going to release, and the other half would have taken 10 years to release if they ever did, but I simply denied it in my head and trudged on through deeper into the web till all of it collapsed and I lost everything with that hard drive. At least losing that hard drive means that I no longer had an internal debt to myself to finish those mods, even if just for myself, and could instead focus on one, FAR bigger and better mod. A mod you'll probably see soon if you've been following my account hoping for an update.
With all that being said, I'm probably going to get a moderator to lock this thread so I stop getting the itch to bump it for no reason.

Thread has been locked at owner's request. Don't feel afraid to ask for it to be re-opened in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back