SUGOI

SUGOI 2.2a

So I tried the new update and while it fixes the levelload crash, the dedicated server still can't save progress on a new map and I don't know what's going on with it :/

Hey mobile player here i love this level pack and all but uh whats up with all the missing objects and music not playing in certain levels/bosses is that a bad thing🤔

I wanna write some thoughts just cause I've been waiting to play kimikokawaii forever. These level packs have been hyped for me a lot in random places, but as a 2.2 newbie I didn't actually experience them in the day, I went back and played sugoi and subarashii after all the 2.2 oldc up to like 2022 or somesuch and was so impressed that I knew I had to hold off for the official ports before going onto kimiko.

So Sugoi's kind of fresh in my mind but a lot of stuff is blurring together. Just thoughts from Area 1, I was surprised to see the Jelly Factory(?) and Contaminated Water glow up, I'm sure they didn't used to look like this, right? It's exciting to see, I'm having fun. There's a very silly secret I remember in Lilac Conservatory that I didn't find again yet, I see a lot of stuff(emeralds iirc?) have been replaced by emblems? The originals had neat secret unlocks so I'm wondering what these have in store now... oh goodie!

I'm anticipating the Silver fight and wondering if anything changed like the use of the 2.2. Silver sprites possibly, I think the original is the best Silver fight out of the like, 3? Existing ones, which is more than you'd think Silver would have.

Sugio v2.2a, did another runthrough to try to find all the emblems and left off at the last area for now. Here's what I ran into so far.

Again, contains spoilers so view at own risk.

===[Subarashii Area]===
- Dunno if it's just me but Roasted Ravine 3's Time Emblem is a bit tricky to get as it depends on what attacks the boss uses and you could get unlucky with it using attacks that have a decent wait time, especially with it's last resort attack taking awhile which put me a few tics over the requirement.

- Roasted Ravine 3's boss causes an lua error to occur during it's spikeball roll attack.
srb20053.gif

```
WARNING: ...i_v2-2.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/glacierglaze/LUA_FREZ.lua:127: attempt to index local 'p' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...i_v2-2.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/glacierglaze/LUA_FREZ.lua:127: in function 'IsPlayerFrozen'
...i_v2-2.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/glacierglaze/LUA_FREZ.lua:392: in function <...i_v2-2.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/glacierglaze/LUA_FREZ.lua:389>
[C]: in function 'P_DamageMobj'
...s\sl_sugoi_v2-2.pk3|lua/subarashii/roastedravine.lua:971: in function <...s\sl_sugoi_v2-2.pk3|lua/subarashii/roastedravine.lua:962>
```

- Final Tower softlocks when you defeat the boss in Record Attack. Was trying to get the Time Emblem which I nailed the time... but the level wouldn't end. It does end normally outside record Attack, though.
srb20054.gif

Spoilers warning but here's a bug I found while doing a certain level. I don't really know if it's intentional or not.

Attachments

• srb20003.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 68
still cannot get the emblem in unknown temple 1 despite beating the level before the time ran out

Last edited:
This is somewhat unrelated to the mod in general but I've wanted to say this for a while and this seems like a good time so I'm just going to set the record straight.
The "Soniguri" boss fight that is in KIMOKAWAIII is not an official sequel to, or affiliated with at all, the level in SUBARASHII and its developers (of which I was one of), aside from being aware that it was in development at the time and a proposal to help with some of the sprites that fell through. I never did approve of the way it was presented completely ignoring this, or its difficulty level.
So if you think the boss sucks/is too hard and/or that it's a "bad sequel", keep in mind that the two are not actually related.

It would be Shadora, not Sorilver, by the way.

I'm on the latest version and new files can't progress from Sugoi regardless of whether if you have all chaos emeralds or not.
Post automatically merged:

I'm on the latest version and new files can't progress from Sugoi regardless of whether if you have all chaos emeralds or not.
Should also note that I'm playing o the single full wad.

Last edited:
This is somewhat unrelated to the mod in general but I've wanted to say this for a while and this seems like a good time so I'm just going to set the record straight.
The "Soniguri" boss fight that is in KIMOKAWAIII is not an official sequel to, or affiliated with at all, the level in SUBARASHII and its developers (of which I was one of), aside from being aware that it was in development at the time and a proposal to help with some of the sprites that fell through. I never did approve of the way it was presented completely ignoring this, or its difficulty level.
So if you think the boss sucks/is too hard and/or that it's a "bad sequel", keep in mind that the two are not actually related.

It would be Shadora, not Sorilver, by the way.
Literally incorrect. I was the primary developer of the original Soniguri and, similar to what you mentioned, I was originally involved in the development of vs. Soniguri in making sprites; not sure if any those ever got used, though, I don't really remember anymore as it's been a while, but I'm leaning towards "no". It was never presented "completely ignoring this" because, shocker, not only did the creator have mine own blessing, but he was very respectful and avoided trying to step on the toes of the original Soniguri when he was creating his own Soniguri content.

And also, no one can own the concept of Sonic characters filling in the roles of Suguri characters to begin with.

is it me or is the subarashii secret clear emblem broken or something. i faced the true final boss of subarashii like 3 times now and i still don't know why but i haven't gotten the emblem at all. is my save file bugged out or something?

or is this another bug....

Weird, broken and seemingly unfinished boss map "heaven" in the mod. What was this boss supposed to be? Will this be finished/fixed in a future update? It looks interesting.

Weird, broken and seemingly unfinished boss map "heaven" in the mod. What was this boss supposed to be? Will this be finished/fixed in a future update? It looks interesting.
My theory is that this is supposed to be for an unused hms123 boss fight, but i don't really have anything to back that up other than the fact it's gold like him and he seems very likely to be in a map like this.

Attachments

• srb20066.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
Literally incorrect. I was the primary developer of the original Soniguri and, similar to what you mentioned, I was originally involved in the development of vs. Soniguri in making sprites; not sure if any those ever got used, though, I don't really remember anymore as it's been a while, but I'm leaning towards "no". It was never presented "completely ignoring this" because, shocker, not only did the creator have mine own blessing, but he was very respectful and avoided trying to step on the toes of the original Soniguri when he was creating his own Soniguri content.

And also, no one can own the concept of Sonic characters filling in the roles of Suguri characters to begin with.
false.png

The "primary developer", as in the gameplay programmer (which was mostly reused from an existing fangame), rather than the one who came up with the entire idea in the first place, made all the graphics, the level script (iirc), and programmed a few things too.

It did step on the toes of the original Soniguri, by having nothing to indicate to the average player "this isn't actually by the same people".

And that's it really, nothing more to say on this.

Should also note that I'm playing o the single full wad.
I'm going to need help with this I'm forever stuck on the first part whenever I start a new save no matter how many times I beat the Neptunia girl.

View attachment 119969
The "primary developer", as in the gameplay programmer (which was mostly reused from an existing fangame), rather than the one who came up with the entire idea in the first place, made all the graphics, the level script (iirc), and programmed a few things too.

It did step on the toes of the original Soniguri, by having nothing to indicate to the average player "this isn't actually by the same people".

And that's it really, nothing more to say on this.
The only programming you did was HUD related, yes you did the small handful of original graphics (though most of those were edited sonic sprites to begin with), and as I've previously stated, no one owns the concept of Sonic characters standing in for Suguri ones. It's incredibly generic of an idea. To say I wasn't the "primary developer" is disingenuous at best, and saying that the code was mostly reused from an existing fangame to discredit me is leaving out the fact that I also made that fangame.

Great to have this back finally! Given that this is a giant level pack though, it'd be great if you could incorperate the OLDC style character swapper at some point. Being stuck with one character for triple digit numbers isn't really my style.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back