Star Coins over Emblems

Star Coins over Emblems v2

Pyrakid Wolfo submitted a new resource:

Star Coins over Emblems - Do an emblem collectathon with Mario flair!

Ever wanted to do an emblem collectathon with Mario but you didn't want to use Adventure Emblems because it's not Mario-like and wouldn't exactly fit?

Well now it IS Mario-like, just like in Mario odyssey, you collect Power Moons- i mean just like in New Super Mario Bros. you collect Star Coins, even having that nice sound effect accompanied by it.

Now all of you are obligated to collect every emblem with Super Mario.

*Recommended use with custom save and Super Mario...

Read more about this resource...

Hate to report a bug already but... ummm..? models on makes it into the SAEMBLEM and turning them off turns it back, this may just be a me problem however, as I have the adventure emblem models.

Attachments

• srb20016.gif
    srb20016.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 119
"I could try replacing "TOKEA0" with the star coin sprite of the same name, and the Super Mario mod already has the sound effect replacement. I do feel like it'd make more sense over emblems than over chaos emeralds as an optional collectible, but i can understand it being over tokens making sense still. If it works well i'll see if I can include it as a separate download."

The only real reason I would prefer tokens to emblems is because tokens can be collected infinitely, while emblems are one time only. (generally speaking)

"I could try replacing "TOKEA0" with the star coin sprite of the same name, and the Super Mario mod already has the sound effect replacement. I do feel like it'd make more sense over emblems than over chaos emeralds as an optional collectible, but i can understand it being over tokens making sense still. If it works well i'll see if I can include it as a separate download."

The only real reason I would prefer tokens to emblems is because tokens can be collected infinitely, while emblems are one time only. (generally speaking)
Well in this mod star coins are infinitely collectable, though the star coins dont really work in NiGHTS stages, adventure emblems probably has the same issue. I believe how it works is it spawns a new object over the emblem, and makes the actual emblem invisible. Whether or not the emblem has been collected before or has never been collected (if you use a fresh customsave you can collect emblems), the star coin or adventure emblem will still be there.

I dunno if you can check if an emblem is actually collectable or not, it'd be neat to have star coins be transparent when the emblem has already been collected, but thatd only be useful in customsave where you can actually save progress on 100% runs or "emblem collectathon runs" and idk if i know how to code that.

Well in this mod star coins are infinitely collectable, though the star coins dont really work in NiGHTS stages, adventure emblems probably has the same issue. I believe how it works is it spawns a new object over the emblem, and makes the actual emblem invisible. Whether or not the emblem has been collected before or has never been collected (if you use a fresh customsave you can collect emblems), the star coin or adventure emblem will still be there.

I dunno if you can check if an emblem is actually collectable or not, it'd be neat to have star coins be transparent when the emblem has already been collected, but thatd only be useful in customsave where you can actually save progress on 100% runs or "emblem collectathon runs" and idk if i know how to code that.
so for reference the clip i showed was a fresh save from MRCE, and i tried this with saves in oldc and they hadn't respawned. maybe it just doesnt work for oldc?

by the way the emerald token is several sprites instead of a single sprite that rotates... so... yeah... I just ended up doing the same trick for the emblem but replacing MT_EMBLEM with MT_TOKEN and it sorta works i guess

I could probably make it so that the vanilla sound that plays when you get an emerald token doesn't play but that requires me to be somewhat knowledgeable about coding and thats not me. But I do know the Super Mario mod has a fix for it.
Post automatically merged:

so for reference the clip i showed was a fresh save from MRCE, and i tried this with saves in oldc and they hadn't respawned. maybe it just doesnt work for oldc?
I haven't tried it with the OLDC or MRCE, i wouldn't know. Also I don't see the clip

Pyrakid Wolfo updated Star Coins over Emblems with a new update entry:

Version 2 Released!

Updated with more special effects, to give you the most faithful New Super Mario Bros Wii experience.
CHANGELOG:

- Star Coins now bounce upward when collected
- New Shine animation plays when you collect a Star Coin
- Gives 4000 score instead of 5000, accurate to NSMBW
- Console print updated to be more Mario-like

Credits to Jaden on the srb2 discord for helping me with the mod actually doing what it's supposed to do.

Read the rest of this update entry...

star conis or star tokens

Hate to report a bug already but... ummm..? models on makes it into the SAEMBLEM and turning them off turns it back, this may just be a me problem however, as I have the adventure emblem models.
how do you have a shield if you are mario?

realy? that meaasns if i did not colloect all coin stars, in anoher safve file, wont i find annione?

qhas he diference betwen star tokens and sar coins?

Last edited:
star conis or star tokens

how do you have a shield if you are mario?

realy? that meaasns if i did not colloect all coin stars, in anoher safve file, wont i find annione?

qhas he diference betwen star tokens and sar coins?
Speak proper english

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back