• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Blast 2: The past DX

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is going to offer so much content. And by "it", I am refering to the Xmas release. Halloween will have a couple of level SOCs removed because they're unused and also messes with the menus. I also changed my music will stay the same. If there are any notable bugs I can find, I will fix those tracks. Example: The TGF THZ1 track takes a bit to load.
The content you're talking about is the most basic SRB2 content ever created. Its filesize was negligible back then and is negligible nowadays. I don't know what The Past's filesize is going to be, but the filesize of your "demo" is already dangerously large even though it's just a sliver of the "so much content" you said it's going to have. The advice here is for your own good.

It really isn't an advice, but, point made. Honestly, that's something I don't understand about. Not trying to lash against criticism, but if SRB2 files were big back then and big now as you say, then I should be more cautious about what's coming for the future, and not so much of now. Still, 131MB is a damn lot, I won't lie. But again, nothing to do about it. SRB2TP 2.0 (original project) is going to have the same issue like Glaber stated above.

It really isn't an advice, but, point made. Honestly, that's something I don't understand about. Not trying to lash against criticism, but if SRB2 files were big back then and big now as you say, then I should be more cautious about what's coming for the future, and not so much of now. Still, 131MB is a damn lot, I won't lie. But again, nothing to do about it. SRB2TP 2.0 (original project) is going to have the same issue like Glaber stated above.
... yet Glaber is still trying to reduce it, and has had some success. SRB2TP 2.0 also has nearly double the content the 2.1 version had also, so it being large makes more sense.
Why complain about the size when you don't want to try and do anything about it?

It really isn't an advice
Tatsuru is referring to everything that has been said by users to you here.
Me included.

Even if it's not being representative of what's to come, that demo should still have been a fraction of the size of what it is.
Old versions of SRB2, take 1.08 as an example, had data files weighing 69​mb combined (the worst offender being the music container, weighing ~39mb).
Keep in mind that 1.08 had about 4 times the content you have in there for showcase.

Make sure to convert ALL audio files in your mod to keep filesize down. I just did a double take and you had ~100kb sounds.

131MB is a damn lot, I won't lie. But again, nothing to do about it.
What do you mean by this? There is plenty to do about it.

I also changed my music will stay the same
I don't get what do you mean by this.

I was only trying to help.
Post automatically merged:

What the fuck...

The 2.0 update is currently 84.2 MB of all used content
1637958600300.png

Bear in mind, This is all used content, music and sound has been compressed, and it's a PK3 to help keep the file size down too.

What do you mean, used content?
Content currently in the mod.
Old content found in previous versions.
Based on context, can also be content currently in the mod. Could be both - It's SRB2 The Past after all.

I was only trying to help.

What the fuck...
what were you trying to do here

Last edited:
Right, so I downloaded the demo to see why the filesize would be so high, and it reads like that one dril posts about buying thousands of dollars in candles or whatever and wondering how to feed his family. Except the joke here is me for thinking it would be anything but the music. Of course it's the music, its always the music. You just had to cram every song in a demo with like, 7 maps. In addition, this is a WAD file, which is uncompressed and difficult to organize internally due to the lack of folders. I'd tell you to run it through WAD2PK3, but the application refuses to take it. Whatever you managed to do, you must have messed it up bad.

So, after playing the demo and not finding any of this "new" or "enhanced" content, and the most modified thing was giving the already existing SRB2 Museum a Halloween rearrange, that's when I learned the "new" content was in the match levels, and all 3 of them are awful. Greenflower is more cramped than someone's luggage, Dark City is a literal maze that I'm pretty sure Tails and Knuckles can fly/climb around while Sonic gets to eat wall, and Mine Maze sure lives up to its name, and sure is not fun at all. If this is really the best examples you have of original content, then my hopes ain't high.

But above all, the biggest problem is that I don't see the point in porting the old content. Glaber is already doing that. and in so much detaila nd with so much more content that the filesize would be worth the download. I am confident that his version of SRB2 the Past will deliver on everything that I would expect. This port of someone else's port that claims to enhance things but hasn't done anything of the sort yet... It feels needless.

So here's what I think: instead of trying and failing to gather a team of talented individuals to do the blunt of the work for you, instead of trying to port what is already being ported, you focus on actually doing the whole "enhanced" level thing, and straight up make new maps that are inspired by the old ones? Think of cut levels, or the 'ween/Xmas theming, and make a level pack focused on those. Kind of like Sonic: The Lost Worlds. Doing this would narrow the scope on somethhing that gives your mod some identity, and a reason to co-exist with glabers' own efforts.

It can be an ode to the past while still being its own thing. You can cut out all the music files that you really do not need, as well as any other content you don't actually want. Start fresh with a .pk3 from the getgo to ease the filesize from the beginning. And just work on those new levels. Nothing will get more people looking at your mod then good and unique levels. I've yet to see your work being put into an actual single player map (as far as I can remember), and you need to practice that craft. Maybe if you show us what you got, some skilled folks will be willing to join your efforts, or you begin to pull more of your own weight as you develop your own skills.

I get that you can learn from the past, but in the direction you're going, you're gonna be stuck in it.

Right, so I downloaded the demo to see why the filesize would be so high, and it reads like that one dril posts about buying thousands of dollars in candles or whatever and wondering how to feed his family. Except the joke here is me for thinking it would be anything but the music. Of course it's the music, its always the music. You just had to cram every song in a demo with like, 7 maps. In addition, this is a WAD file, which is uncompressed and difficult to organize internally due to the lack of folders. I'd tell you to run it through WAD2PK3, but the application refuses to take it. Whatever you managed to do, you must have messed it up bad.

So, after playing the demo and not finding any of this "new" or "enhanced" content, and the most modified thing was giving the already existing SRB2 Museum a Halloween rearrange, that's when I learned the "new" content was in the match levels, and all 3 of them are awful. Greenflower is more cramped than someone's luggage, Dark City is a literal maze that I'm pretty sure Tails and Knuckles can fly/climb around while Sonic gets to eat wall, and Mine Maze sure lives up to its name, and sure is not fun at all. If this is really the best examples you have of original content, then my hopes ain't high.

But above all, the biggest problem is that I don't see the point in porting the old content. Glaber is already doing that. and in so much detaila nd with so much more content that the filesize would be worth the download. I am confident that his version of SRB2 the Past will deliver on everything that I would expect. This port of someone else's port that claims to enhance things but hasn't done anything of the sort yet... It feels needless.

So here's what I think: instead of trying and failing to gather a team of talented individuals to do the blunt of the work for you, instead of trying to port what is already being ported, you focus on actually doing the whole "enhanced" level thing, and straight up make new maps that are inspired by the old ones? Think of cut levels, or the 'ween/Xmas theming, and make a level pack focused on those. Kind of like Sonic: The Lost Worlds. Doing this would narrow the scope on somethhing that gives your mod some identity, and a reason to co-exist with glabers' own efforts.

It can be an ode to the past while still being its own thing. You can cut out all the music files that you really do not need, as well as any other content you don't actually want. Start fresh with a .pk3 from the getgo to ease the filesize from the beginning. And just work on those new levels. Nothing will get more people looking at your mod then good and unique levels. I've yet to see your work being put into an actual single player map (as far as I can remember), and you need to practice that craft. Maybe if you show us what you got, some skilled folks will be willing to join your efforts, or you begin to pull more of your own weight as you develop your own skills.

I get that you can learn from the past, but in the direction you're going, you're gonna be stuck in it.
OK, a review. I like that.

First of all, I am that type of dude that gets stuck in the past like I'm under the surface of the earth. That was random, but I felt like mentioning it.

As for the music, ohh boy... Every single music? This is only a small teacup pup compared to a giant elephant. Something will be done about the music, the exception will go towards the music, which is a big offender. But I mostly don't know how to modify tracks. That being said, it has many tracks due to the fact that this was built off of a development build. Infact, nearly every screenshot you just saw were indev builds. It will be fixed once the ACTUAL release of the demo knocks the door. Like I have mentioned, something will infact be done about the music. I don't know how to get over the situation though. (sum1 halp X_X)

Also, the "whatever I managed to do messed up pretty bad", I should clarify that this was a direct port from the 2.1 version of the official mod (BEFORE the PK3s, 2.1.2X) and during that time, I wasn't so good with mods. So I stuck using WADs until further notice. And here I am... TBF, Glaber's mod IS a PK3 now accordingly, but even then, I don't know how to work with those.

The new and enhanced content had nothing to do with modifying the museum. The aesthetics are there, but only temporarily. Until Xmas, to be exact. The enhanced content had to do with fixing up nooks and crannies. Not that it looked wrong before or anything, hell no! Just my own touches.

The new content is yet to be unveiled, BUT like you've mentioned, there is infact 2P content with new Match stages. There's also Circuit mode, which appears to have 1 track ATM, which barely works. HOWEVER, despite Match stages playing awfully, unfortunately, nothing can be done about those, besides changing weapons, which I did for GFZ (the original level was a deathmatch stage fyi). One of my goal is to fix a few stages' aesthetics to resemble more like the originals, not to revamp the level design. Someone already brought this up with the port of the Speed Highway level, claiming I stole from a different project, changed the textures and split it in half. This was later debunked that the stage from the aforementioned project was a revamp and my port was from a lost level from 2000 leaked by SSN. It's also mentioned way above that the 2P is very broken and unfinished.

1. GFZ is the most finished of the bunch, not to say it's complete though. There are few stuff to fix in the map. The original level was cramped like that.
2. DCZ is one of THOSE stages. It's a maze alright, but you can jump out of it. It isn't fun and like I said, it's a DM stage from 1999, it's expected to be jarring. It could be fixed however.
3. MMZ is the worst one of them all. Barely playable. Same issues from DCZ, but somehow worse. (keep in mind, match is optional, it's going to be abandoned once xmas releases ;))
These levels are ports made by Glaber and revamped by me due to their incompatibility with Match. Like I said, all of these stages were made for Deathmatch in 1999, it's expected to bad in vanilla SRB2.

"But above all, the biggest problem is that I don't see the point in porting the old content. Glaber is already doing that. and in so much detaila nd with so much more content"
Like I said, this project was made PRIOR to when stuff was revealed about 2.0. Only progress was shown at a few Discord servers for 2 years, and that was before new stuff was added, aside from revampments and ACZ. It's changed now. There is much more levels, new features and such. Just like my project! It's different from Glaber's however.

I am not getting talented individuals to do the rest of my work, I am only hiring them to assist me in the project, moderate the team and help on doing stuff I haven't experienced or know anything about. It's a bit too soon, but keep in mind, unlike SRB2TP, this isn't solo. Stuff will definitely release. Infact, some people already saw the behind-the-scenes of stuff, and even the server owner helped me boost it up. It might not seem like it, but I am sure the new devs will be just as excited as they were previously. Not to brag or anything, but gotta keep myself positive, right? Also, the next statement applies above.

"you focus on actually doing the whole "enhanced" level thing, and straight up make new maps that are inspired by the old ones? Think of cut levels, or the 'ween/Xmas theming, and make a level pack focused on those. Kind of like Sonic: The Lost Worlds. Doing this would narrow the scope on somethhing that gives your mod some identity, and a reason to co-exist with glabers' own efforts."
I appreciate the advice, D00D. Glaber actually approved this project too. However, that's not what the mod is about. I was infact thinking of doing an unofficial update to SRB2 Christmas! Kinda like Mystic Realm (Community edition).

Anyways, I think that's all. I think it's a great advice to continue my future projects, and I salute you for that. Any other statements made in this are mentioned on the first page.

And to make sure I don't make drawn-out posts like this. I will suggest people to read the thread before bringing up some of this stuff again. I get it's for criticism, so I will try to make brief statements as I can. This will do for now.

Thanks D00D!
- スープモブ (SoupMob)

Well to be fair, I didn't know how to work with pk3's before I started working on the 2.0 update. the first thing to know about working with pk3s is they must be created with a program like slade.

@D00D64 The match mode maps in question will unfortunately also be in my update too. Under the heading "Development" so you don't have to play them if you don't want to.
Funny enough though, I played these maps with a small group from the 20ya discord server and these maps were more fun than I expected.

Hey everybody! I apologize for the serious lack of updates! The reason is private, but it has no longer to do with drama. Anyways, it's official. Ladies and gentlemen, players and badniks, the SRB2TPDX development survey has been open starting today! 12/11/2021

I am available for anyone who wants to join the SRB2TPDX project! It's public again after 2 months! Please enter stuff and give me your thoughts.
Moderator Notice:
No

- SoupMob (スープモブ)

Sidenote: Make sure you have sent this, so I can allow you in my DMs. My Discord tag is on my profile BTW.

Hey everybody! I apologize for the serious lack of updates! The reason is private, but it has no longer to do with drama. Anyways, it's official. Ladies and gentlemen, players and badniks, the SRB2TPDX development survey has been open starting today! 12/11/2021

I am available for anyone who wants to join the SRB2TPDX project! It's public again after 2 months! Please enter stuff and give me your thoughts.
Moderator Notice:
Recruitment attempt 2

- SoupMob (スープモブ)

Sidenote: Make sure you have sent this, so I can allow you in my DMs. My Discord tag is on my profile BTW.

I don't think we've been clear enough when it comes to not asking people to make your mod for you, let alone when you don't even have a defined roadmap for what you want it to be and your only snippets of progress are facsimiles of a mod someone else is already making. You are clearly not thinking this through and we will not allow you to recruit impressionable people into this shadow of a project just so they can be at your creative mercy. This is your last warning.

I'd might as well say this before things get out of hand in SoupMob's terms, I can clearly see this project getting cancelled alongside the possibility Soup getting banned from the MB. I honestly don't see the point in this project needing to be started in the first place since glaber is nearly finished with SRB2TP 2.0 which has been in development for at least 2 years. I guess glaber was right about the low quality portlegs being further than this project in terms of completion, at least SRB2TP 2.0 will be well worth the wait.

I'd might as well say this before things get out of hand in SoupMob's terms, I can clearly see this project getting cancelled alongside the possibility Soup getting banned from the MB. I honestly don't see the point in this project needing to be started in the first place since glaber is nearly finished with SRB2TP 2.0 which has been in development for at least 2 years. I guess glaber was right about the low quality portlegs being further than this project in terms of completion, at least SRB2TP 2.0 will be well worth the wait.

Mhmm

I won't miss this thread one bit after seeing how Soup acts

So... This is where it ends.

Everybody, it's official. Not only is this project cancelled, but I am done with SRB2 COMPLETELY. Why you may ask?

Come on, you know why.

I don't need to reprise as of now. This is the last announcement EVER and my last message here in the SRB2 community. And for real this time. As I speak, I no longer want to enter the community due to the fact everyone's targeting against me and in hopes to sabotage my project. YES!

SABOTAGING. MY. PROJECT. I don't care what you say, I don't care what anyone says about victimizing myself and acting like a baby... All I would like to say is, I have a totally perfect reason to be mad. And I am not even apologetic anymore, I do think this community is braindead and full of mindless shits.

I, not only witnessed myself getting fucked over, but many people as well, there was finna a dude who joked about some mods in threads which were totally harmless, and he got banned anyways. And if people's reputations don't last in this community for sick jokes or something, it's fair I get the same treatment. I said it once, and I'll say it again, I have been banned from 3 fucking SRB2 servers, 1 was for no reason whatsoever, 2 of them was because I was being "rude". Before you expose me, yes. I already know it. And I will clarify, my attitude shown in the first 3 screenshots were due to the fact that me and Glaber had a feud. Nobody brought it up, until someone else mentioned and decided to bombard me and pester me with the drama, and I apologized. The last screenshots are unnecessarily exposed, because I made some statements about modern online culture and someone got triggered by it in which I've been banned.

It goes without mentioning, but after I got exposed, I guess it's time to do what's right. People have been treating me like an asshole, not saying I deserved sympathy, but goddamn, they took it to the next level. Honestly after mentioning this, I don't care if I bring up drama and I don't care if I get banned or whatnot, but this was the straw just broke the camel's back. And honestly, I am tired of people crushing my balls because I made some slightly inappropriate jokes, or sound arrogant/douchey, or "using" people. (which is the biggest straw man I've ever seen) Whatever it is, this is ridiculous and I won't let people force drama down my throats any fucking longer.

I HATE DRAMA, OKAY?! INFACT, THAT SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY WAY TO FIX THESE ISSUES! BOMBARD WITH SHITTY MODS AND ADMINS TO BAN SOMEONE, BECAUSE THEY DID ONE TINY ISSUE. AND HONESTLY, I WANT TO STAND UP TO THIS. NO MORE SILENCE! UNTIL I AM HERE, I AM JUST TELLING YOU THAT THE SRB2 COMMUNITY ARE FULL OF CANCEL CULTURE CUNTS WHO LOVE TO EXPOSE PEOPLE, BECAUSE SOMEONE BROUGHT AND VENT ABOUT DRAMA VAGUELY WITHOUT STARTING WARS. AND THERE'S GOTTA BE THAT ONE ASSHOLE WHO HAS MORE POWER THAN ANYONE IN THIS COMMUNITY, AND EXPOSE THEM FOR THE THROAT AND KILL THE HYPE. HOW'S THIS FUCKING FAIR?! THAT'S LIKE, "Hey! I made this cool little art project!" and someone bashes the door and kicks the artist in the balls and say "Fuck you! You dropped the China on the floor by accident and got grounded by your mom! Have you got no shame?!" The way this community treats itself is ABYSMAL. Say all you want, but now, all of your words are not gonna affect me. Even if it means getting banned, which is exactly what I am trying to do.

Before I come to an end, I would like to make some certain responses.

Tatsuru: Tat, what the hell is wrong with you?

"I don't think we've been clear enough when it comes to not asking people to make your mod for you, let alone when you don't even have a defined roadmap for what you want it to be and your only snippets of progress are facsimiles of a mod someone else is already making. You are clearly not thinking this through and we will not allow you to recruit impressionable people into this shadow of a project just so they can be at your creative mercy. This is your last warning."

What's your problem man? You're not gonna give me freedom to recruit people? I already mentioned this! First of all, I had a development team in the pre-Halloween days, I haven't mentioned this, but what I DID mention was the fact that this was made 2 MONTHS PRIOR to the SRB2TP 2.0 public teaser. That alone doesn't count as a portleg, even Glaber said I could modify it to the best of my ability! And you're blocking me from even recruiting people on my project, in which Glaber was also fine with. You know what you're acting like? You're acting like Mystic. And if I continue on with the project, consequences will happen? If so, why the fuck is this thread unlocked if you won't allow me to work on this?! For your fucking information, I am not gonna use people. I have a life of my own, which is stupidly shrewd with the schedule BTW, and due to this, I don't have enough time to finish my projects, so, hiring people is the best thing I could possibly do. And yet, you can't respect my space. And I know you read that fucking form start to finish, so don't give me that bullshit.

"Cosigning this all.

The truth is that you never had any chance at thriving in a community like ours by openly expressing disgust for diversity and other people's needs. It's just not what's in. If you genuinely believe, how in this very thread, you're passive-aggressively shooing people away from your "project" when they expressed a sliver of interest in it, that there's absolutely nothing you could've done differently, I can double down on the aforementioned: you're not gonna thrive anywhere."

I already made a response to this, but that last statement truly made my blood boil. You're saying that, just because I have a slightly cocky attitude, I won't thrive in ANY community and everyone will create drama against me? This community ONLY relied on cancel culture and you morons think it's okay and common to be like that. I can understand, but if you rely ONLY on cancel culture without creative thinking, it's gonna turn into a cringefest of a community, and it only got worse since June of last year. Is this your goal? Make your community like a Nazi concentration camp just because you don't like some people's attitudes? ATTIDUDE IS EVERYTHING. Attitudes are what defines a person, whether it's superior or detrimental. Especially on the Internet, where you get to make a character and become either infamed or beloved but that's a rant for another day. I find pathetic you judge innocent people based on their past wrongdoings, they either moved on from that or continue to act like that JUST for shits and giggles. You can't just do that. If a person who made a beautiful piece of art that happened to be a hacker, a doxxer, a serial killer or a pedo, THEN I could understand. But this? This is pointless! Also, for your information, I get to thrive anywhere I want to go and you won't stick to my business, okay? You're not my fucking daddy. Infact, when I joined a Sonic-related community I made my first friends ever! Something I never thought I would want, but now it's worth it.

Charybdizs: Speaking of shitty admins... Charyb, you made me lose hope in the community more than anything. I said I didn't want to bring up any drama, and you, being the asshat you are, decided to do it anyway. I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE AN ADMIN! I've seen behavior of yours like this. Also, blaming cancel culture for toxicity is infact a excuse. I am tired of you MFs even saying that cancel culture rocks. It could literally ruin a person's reputation online, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE MORE POWER OVER THE COMMUNITY. That's how drama is born. You're damn lucky I have patience and respect. YES, RESPECT. Otherwise, I would have been banned back then for making these statements towards you. Which is exactly what I am doing now. And you shouldn't even thought about exposing me in SUB-FUCKING-COMMUNITIES. Whether it's made to prove your point or not.

Flowey98: Ohh boy, don't even get me started on you. I don't think I need to say anything towards you, because your behavior in this thread perfectly summarizes what I am feeling towards you and how you feel towards me. We always had a conflict, but this is where it ends at last. All I would like to say, you're very spoiled and biased towards me. Say all you want about me, but if you want to drag me into drama, LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS.

KrazeeTobi: Please leave me alone. Don't follow me anywhere, I have nothing to do with you guys anymore.

And I guess that concludes. Here's my final message. Mods, admins, you can ban me all you want, you can call me out all you want, you can expose me all you want and continue making SRB2 a garbage stench of a community/game. But, if you want to have a beef with me anywhere else, then FUCKING LEAVE ME ALONE. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU GUYS, I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A "GAME" ANYMORE, I DON'T WANT YOU PESTERING WITH ME! And that won't happen. You wanna know why? You guys can't take control over me anymore. I want to spare my anxiety by leaving this pathetic stench of a community and you niggas pestering me all the time everytime I work on something.

Your rules are bullshit, you're worse than Dark Warrior, Prime 2.0 and Mystic, your 2.2 update is the worst SRB2 has seen (and I am not joking), your justifications are bullshit, and your logics and motives are bullshit. Now if you excuse me, I will pursue my dreams in peace and quiet. Because this, marks the final nail in the coffin of my SRB2 reputation. And to all of you fans of my project, if you want to experience the old SRB2, please check out Glaber's OFFICIAL port of the game coming out soon instead of this junk. And with that, goodbye forever.

Sonic Robo Blast 2? More like: Sonic Robo Blast Your Freedom Of Making Mods Away From Us You Pathetic Waste Of Sperm 2!
- BabyDick (SoupMob)

P.S. I uninstalled your stupid game. U mad?

Flowey98: Ohh boy, don't even get me started on you. I don't think I need to say anything towards you, because your behavior in this thread perfectly summarizes what I am feeling towards you and how you feel towards me. We always had a conflict, but this is where it ends at last. All I would like to say, you're very spoiled and biased towards me. Say all you want about me, but if you want to drag me into drama, LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS.
If anything, it's actually YOUR fault this had to inevitably come, this is because of your behavior across multiple Discord servers, not mine. I'm "very spoiled and biased" towards you because you are a complete douchebag with your rude behavior like when you joked about glaber having a stroke. You are completely blind in terms of understanding the situation of a conversation, Charyb was right about you having poor communication skills. It was "nice" knowing you, goodbye forever, SoupMob, or should I say, "Mystic II". P.S. If anything, YOU are the spoiled mindless shit, Soup, no wonder this community hates you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back