• Software

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OpenGL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Draykon said:
Actually, I just recently did some more testing on OGL, and I'd say I still prefer Software, for these reasons:
1. You don't have to fiddle with the gamma to get the colors right.
5. It better renders floor, celing, and wall textures. (seriously, compare Desolate Twilight OGL and Desolate Twilight Software.)
6. Software is alot brighter.
7. Software dosen't have trouble desiding weather or not it works.
9. The camera is more solid in Software mode, and only goes through walls if it's crushed.

1 - I did nothing to the gamma settings, and it looks Perfect.
5 - >.< OpenGL does that better.
6 - OpenGL is alot brigher than Software. Dark caves in GFZ1 are alot darker in software. Plus the feature of Lighting in OpenGL makes it even better.
7 - It works, but it doesn't do it as effectively in OpenGL, maybe this will be fixed.
9 - Wrong. At least in SA Mode :P.

GCFreak said:
Draykon said:
Actually, I just recently did some more testing on OGL, and I'd say I still prefer Software, for these reasons:
1. You don't have to fiddle with the gamma to get the colors right.
5. It better renders floor, celing, and wall textures. (seriously, compare Desolate Twilight OGL and Desolate Twilight Software.)
6. Software is alot brighter.
7. Software dosen't have trouble desiding weather or not it works.
9. The camera is more solid in Software mode, and only goes through walls if it's crushed.

1 - I did nothing to the gamma settings, and it looks Perfect.
5 - >.< OpenGL does that better.
6 - OpenGL is alot brigher than Software. Dark caves in GFZ1 are alot darker in software. Plus the feature of Lighting in OpenGL makes it even better.
7 - It works, but it doesn't do it as effectively in OpenGL, maybe this will be fixed.
9 - Wrong. At least in SA Mode :P.

Dude, in OGL mode, I can't even see inside GFZ1's cave.
And yes, Software mode does have a more solid camera, it's just that it dosen't look as bad when the camera phazes through walls.

Also, another thing I forgot to add to the list. In Software mode, the sky obstructs your view. So looking off into the sky, you don't see a nasty half render of whatever's there. (That dream palace level I'm working on probably looks horid in OGL mode because of this.)

Actually, Software's camera DOES go through the wall, but you see HOM instead of sky, so you can't really tell.
The camera moves exactly the same in both modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back