What do you use?

• Software

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OpenGL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OpenGL looks like you're playing a Playstation emulator with an OGL plugin.

Dark Warrior said:
Get a new one.
Honestly, something is really wrong if it can't hande that.

Look I'm not going to go through all the trouble to get a new computer just for slightly nicer graphics. If SRB2 starts using 3D models, then I can play the official Sonic games for that. I rather like the sprites anyway, it gives SRB2 a sense of uniqueness that sets it apart from ordinary fangames. The models would probably ruin it.

No, you don't get my point.
If you're using the graphics card that came with the computer, and it can't handle it, you need a new machine. Something is tremendously wrong with a machine that can't handle SRB2 in OpenGL.

Well, now I doubt this is true. But I heard from a not totally reliable source that the Monitor has something to do with the rendering. If that is actually the case, my monitor is from about the begining of graphics renderingat all. Though I doubt that has to do with it.

I use OpenGL.

Because Software mode for me is very SLOW. Espcially at rezzies higher than 640x400. Oh, and it fails in windowed mode in SDL for me. And in the normal version, windowed mode isn't fun in such a small resolution.

With OpenGL, I can handle 1280x768 windowed with very nice speed. Even on this Intel Intergrated crud of a "video card". Plus, I say it looks much better... software is all... icky yucky looking.

And there's models and slopes in OpenGL. Need I say more?

Dark Warrior said:
No, you don't get my point.
If you're using the graphics card that came with the computer, and it can't handle it, you need a new machine. Something is tremendously wrong with a machine that can't handle SRB2 in OpenGL.
DW wins. Seriously, if you can't play an 8 year old game in OpenGL, you need to pound your computer with a hammer. It might work a little more nicely.

But the OpenGL renderer isn't 8 years old, that's the thing. Also, with lots of sectors, the polycount for floors and stuff seem to skyrocket, which isn't a good thing.

Still, I always use OpenGL. It looks good on high resolutions. The Software renderer has bad colormapping and texture precision is very bad in bigger video modes.

Well my Opengl windowed tends to stick up on the topleft corner, not being able to be moved out at all. Plus I can't read the first line of when people talk. I have to constantly press the console.

Yeah, it does that if you start the game in windowed mode, but if you switch out, then back in, it fixes it. That's a pain to do, so I don't blame you for not using it.

I personally like software mode. As for the model feature of OpenGL, well I rather like the sprites. Models aren't always the best. No offense meant but the sprites in srb2 look alot better than the Sonic, SuperSonic, and Link that I've seen in Shuffle's and SSN's avatars.

There was.

To my knowledge it was fixed.

But...Why minimize?

I just Alt + Tab out.

That's actually the only problem I have with TML. The Alt + Tab fix in SRB2 isn't there. :|

Software mode has never given me any problems. In fact, srb2 in software mode is the fastest game on my computer. And trust me, I have alot of games on here.

I use ogl for multiplayer,but single player, I prefer software, The sprites dont cave in with software, but it has a wierd bar of random flashing textures that takes up 1/2 of the screen when I look down in 1st person mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back