• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OpenGL:
babagarden9ce.jpg

Software:
softwaresucks29fr.jpg

OpenGL totally wins, IMO.

COOL OpenGl pic shuffle, I can't wait tell the next version....which I might make a map for...if you make a damned DB config.

That's because you set it to display 3D models in OpenGL, and crappy graphics in Software. Besides that's a mod, it dosen't count towards the normal srb2.

Either way, OpenGL looks loads better than Software. It isn't distorted, it isn't pixely, it's faster, etc.

I wish I could change my vote now. :( Those two compare and contrast screenies made up my mind. Especially the link sprites.
Except OpenGL does a lot of this:

Sky poping up in random places. If that was fixed ogl would be my favorite.

1-Up said:
But software does not do that.
Yes it does. It just gives an HOM effect instead of showing what's actually, there, the sky, so it looks better when it does it.

I prefer Software myself; I really attribute SRB2's "intended look" to how Software renders things (whether that be true or not).

OpenGL's pretty and all, but especially with its annoyances, I like Software more. It also looks pretty "artificial" to me, take that as you will.

Personally I like OpenGL, just because it seems to look smoother and allows me to look in all directions without distortion.

Did I mention I like OpenGL because of mo- yeah, I did.
Anyways, I don't see how you people can like Software. It's teh ooglay. :(

I only ever use software for testing things, to ensure compatability.
Basically, there's no reason to use it.

Even when I was on Win32 I still used OGL-because darn, it looks good. Software is so pixelly and crappy-one could never sensibly look at it and say-"Oh, lighting effects? Those are crap. And non-pixellation? Eww!"

Of course, with Mac, there's no option. And I'm happy about it. =P

Dark Warrior said:
I only ever use software for testing things, to ensure compatability.
Basically, there's no reason to use it.
Ahem, I think I've specefied a good reason. MY COMPUTERS A PIECE OF CRAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back