I am glad this become real, and shown in the launch trailer. Clearly it's gonna be one of the best mods ever on people's tierlist, even in SRB2 as well.

Anyway, I found a bug and for some reason. Is this meant to happend?

View attachment 107064

View attachment 107065
From what i have done in the moment
Yes it is suposted to happen,Aether can share the powerups and stuff with other characters,and the bot IS considered a player

Np!
Glad to help you^^
Post automatically merged:

"Dance on me balls"
"Cat fu##ing a handbag"
"Your only yours,Dora's own a handbag"
srb20002.gif

Last edited:
Facciolo’s attempt at fusing with Inazuma ended up in failure which trapped Facciolo inside Inazuma’s mind while Inazuma was left in a state of permanent pseudocoma.
I thought the reason why he was in a wheelchair was because he called Azure fat! Or was it something about comitting several war crimes?

ITS HERE 'v'

hold spin and press jump to use shield ability

hmm i remeber the superform in 2.1 differently but i cant seem to remember exactly why?? HMMM hmmmm eh HMMMMMMMMM

Last edited:
*panics and scrambles to download*
HOLY CRAP.
I have not been super duper anticipating this (i mean OVERLY EXCITED) but holy cow, this is awesome!!!

I'm a huge fan of actual original storytelling in SRB2. It's what I want to see lots, lots more of. Especially with how familiar some people's OCs are? They feel so familiar and yet I haven't actually gotten to see them shine in their own story. So like, FUCK yes, PLEASE tell your character's story, there is nothing I could get more excited about in SRB2. Indulge your own brand!

With that in mind, I seriously enjoyed the presentation, imagination, and the flashiness of it all. I played mostly for this aspect, because although there may be a lot of srb2 content to play, I knew that this project specifically would have some exciting and dramatic storytelling wrapped up in here somewhere.

Unfortunately, accessing all that stuff I really wanted to see involved a lot of confusion and frustration. Even if the things you wanted to deliver were awesome, the actual platter you delivered it in (the gameplay and level design) was not something I had very much fun with.

Don't get me wrong: I like each character's abilities -- especially enjoying the spellcaster role Aether plays. I got bounced off of Inazuma because play styles which focus around speed are always "you're enjoying it and you're going fast" or "you hit a single jutting piece of terrain and now you are coping". Whether that is fun will largely depend on the character's jump height in any given situation, the crampedness of the level, how much sector scenery there is, et cetera. But usually these things don't all line up to lend themselves to it. Aether was varied and yet easy to grasp for me, and I greatly appreciated the way she paused in the midair allowing you to select your spells and take your time in moments of confusion. Would definitely play her more! Will rank her up there in my top five favorite SRB2 characters.

I don't plan on hitting on EVERY aspect of the experience because I could go all day, but

SPOILERS AHEAD
Not exhaustively, these were the things that stood out to me as super cool. You all really deserve to be proud of yourself for these.

- The final boss. Wowzers! Really epic battle, lots of effort and love put into this. Huge variety of attacks to keep me on my toes, cool visuals. Would have got bounced off hard by the length, but Inazuma's homemade magnetic aura made recollecting rings easy enough to keep going on a sustained battle.

- Mindscape, existing at all. Utterly awesome, really fun way to weave some optional lore into a playthrough of SRB2 without necessarily getting in the way. I prefer custom campaigns, but the end of the level optional entrance was a very neat idea. Voice call erupted into laughter when I got spat into Egg Rock after defeating the boss and watching credits LOL.

- What the fuck is up with the high effort credits? Really cool eye candy. I don't remember ever seeing something like that in SRB2 before. Are you sure this was the best usage of your time? I can't help but appreciate it though, hehe

- Aether's entire spell system. Really enjoyed this; really liked that she didn't have super easy access to any offensive power. Of course, that's negated by simply switching to Inazuma and holding a button, but to be fair some SRB2 enemies are so annoying that having that option in a moment of frustration was a mercy.

- Co-op abilities? GOOD. SRB2 has historically been played so much as a co-op game, might as well dial into it. Every character should, to be honest! Half the fun I have with SRB2 is sharing the experience with others, so being able to meaningfully interact with each other in the level is a huge +1 that I'm surprised we didn't see more of until the past few years.

- Super form designs were MAD cool. I really liked their sprites. Aether getting a halo -- much less such a cool looking one -- personally tickled me as I love angelic designs.

However, these were the things that stood out to me as "I can only believe that if you released like this, you either underestimated the gravity of the problem and skipped a polish pass, or you just didn't know better."

- Mindscape is amazing aesthetically, and kaizo in SRB2 *can* work. But limiting the player to only three lives to complete a long, drawn out, sparsely checkpointed death-pit-topia seems like an utterly insane design choice. If I didn't make the choice to cheat, turn devmode on and setlives, I never would have been able to see what you guys had cooked. And you really did cook, so that's a crying shame.

- Inazuma's targeting reticle is not NEARLY generous for some of the fast-paced chains you're supposed to do with it, especially with how fast some of the targets spin. The reverse gravity climb in the bridge room was bad enough that after about 30 lives and 30 wasted minutes I simply had to cheat to get past it. Despite looking like one of the most interesting setpieces, the picky, low range targeting reticle ruined it.

- Meditation section after the boss. Was confused what to do, took me and 11 other people watching 10 minutes to figure out what to do. Tried every button combo I could think of. When I eventually figured it out, it was on accident. Why was there not dialogue or text prompts for that, when there was one for leaving the mindscape?

These are not small nitpicks, unfortunately -- these are major gameplay flaws which really dragged down the experience in a big and frustrating way and are bound to do so for others. All in all they added at LEAST an hour of suffering to the rest of the playthrough, which is more time than I'd usually spend on something I wasn't having fun with.

On the other hand, this is a relatively small nitpick I still feel is important to mention: I accidentally exited the castle immediately upon getting there, and the gameplay loop never gave me an opportunity to go back there, so I never ended up seeing it.

I hate the review system which is why I post the meat of my thoughts here, but I rated it 4 stars because although it's clearly one of the coolest things to ever come out in SRB2, I can't in good faith give it a five stars when such a huge chunk of my time was spent coping.

I'm a huge fan of actual original storytelling in SRB2. It's what I want to see lots, lots more of. Especially with how familiar some people's OCs are? They feel so familiar and yet I haven't actually gotten to see them shine in their own story. So like, FUCK yes, PLEASE tell your character's story, there is nothing I could get more excited about in SRB2. Indulge your own brand!

With that in mind, I seriously enjoyed the presentation, imagination, and the flashiness of it all. I played mostly for this aspect, because although there may be a lot of srb2 content to play, I knew that this project specifically would have some exciting and dramatic storytelling wrapped up in here somewhere.

Unfortunately, accessing all that stuff I really wanted to see involved a lot of confusion and frustration. Even if the things you wanted to deliver were awesome, the actual platter you delivered it in (the gameplay and level design) was not something I had very much fun with.

Don't get me wrong: I like each character's abilities -- especially enjoying the spellcaster role Aether plays. I got bounced off of Inazuma because play styles which focus around speed are always "you're enjoying it and you're going fast" or "you hit a single jutting piece of terrain and now you are coping". Whether that is fun will largely depend on the character's jump height in any given situation, the crampedness of the level, how much sector scenery there is, et cetera. But usually these things don't all line up to lend themselves to it. Aether was varied and yet easy to grasp for me, and I greatly appreciated the way she paused in the midair allowing you to select your spells and take your time in moments of confusion. Would definitely play her more! Will rank her up there in my top five favorite SRB2 characters.

I don't plan on hitting on EVERY aspect of the experience because I could go all day, but

SPOILERS AHEAD
Not exhaustively, these were the things that stood out to me as super cool. You all really deserve to be proud of yourself for these.

- The final boss. Wowzers! Really epic battle, lots of effort and love put into this. Huge variety of attacks to keep me on my toes, cool visuals. Would have got bounced off hard by the length, but Inazuma's homemade magnetic aura made recollecting rings easy enough to keep going on a sustained battle.

- Mindscape, existing at all. Utterly awesome, really fun way to weave some optional lore into a playthrough of SRB2 without necessarily getting in the way. I prefer custom campaigns, but the end of the level optional entrance was a very neat idea. Voice call erupted into laughter when I got spat into Egg Rock after defeating the boss and watching credits LOL.

- What the fuck is up with the high effort credits? Really cool eye candy. I don't remember ever seeing something like that in SRB2 before. Are you sure this was the best usage of your time? I can't help but appreciate it though, hehe

- Aether's entire spell system. Really enjoyed this; really liked that she didn't have super easy access to any offensive power. Of course, that's negated by simply switching to Inazuma and holding a button, but to be fair some SRB2 enemies are so annoying that having that option in a moment of frustration was a mercy.

- Co-op abilities? GOOD. SRB2 has historically been played so much as a co-op game, might as well dial into it. Every character should, to be honest! Half the fun I have with SRB2 is sharing the experience with others, so being able to meaningfully interact with each other in the level is a huge +1 that I'm surprised we didn't see more of until the past few years.

- Super form designs were MAD cool. I really liked their sprites. Aether getting a halo -- much less such a cool looking one -- personally tickled me as I love angelic designs.

However, these were the things that stood out to me as "I can only believe that if you released like this, you either underestimated the gravity of the problem and skipped a polish pass, or you just didn't know better."

- Mindscape is amazing aesthetically, and kaizo in SRB2 *can* work. But limiting the player to only three lives to complete a long, drawn out, sparsely checkpointed death-pit-topia seems like an utterly insane design choice. If I didn't make the choice to cheat, turn devmode on and setlives, I never would have been able to see what you guys had cooked. And you really did cook, so that's a crying shame.

- Inazuma's targeting reticle is not NEARLY generous for some of the fast-paced chains you're supposed to do with it, especially with how fast some of the targets spin. The reverse gravity climb in the bridge room was bad enough that after about 30 lives and 30 wasted minutes I simply had to cheat to get past it. Despite looking like one of the most interesting setpieces, the picky, low range targeting reticle ruined it.

- Meditation section after the boss. Was confused what to do, took me and 11 other people watching 10 minutes to figure out what to do. Tried every button combo I could think of. When I eventually figured it out, it was on accident. Why was there not dialogue or text prompts for that, when there was one for leaving the mindscape?

These are not small nitpicks, unfortunately -- these are major gameplay flaws which really dragged down the experience in a big and frustrating way and are bound to do so for others. All in all they added at LEAST an hour of suffering to the rest of the playthrough, which is more time than I'd usually spend on something I wasn't having fun with.

On the other hand, this is a relatively small nitpick I still feel is important to mention: I accidentally exited the castle immediately upon getting there, and the gameplay loop never gave me an opportunity to go back there, so I never ended up seeing it.

I hate the review system which is why I post the meat of my thoughts here, but I rated it 4 stars because although it's clearly one of the coolest things to ever come out in SRB2, I can't in good faith give it a five stars when such a huge chunk of my time was spent coping.

I agree on all fronts

At least you actually managed to figure out the meditation bit,I messed around for a good long while until I just gave up. I feel stupid and felt like I missed a big reward dropping out before I could even reason it out

Overall my experience was good but I was frustrated by some things.
Character development is something that most characters lack and it's interesting to see that you actually tried to put that. Also the characters themselves are fun to play(with Inazuma that was made less broken than in 2.1 too).

More in detail I would add some stuff from what I played. Mostly my experience from yesterday night and this morning.
Good:
- The mod is very polished and feature a lot of stuff so it shows that you are invested in it.
- Aether is very interesting and have an original gameplay and Inazuma was made more interesting(in fact he no longer cheese as many boss as in 2.1).
- Mindscape is a nice level and the storytelling related to it is interesting.
- The multiple endings and the cutscenes are nice. The mindscape credits too.

Bad:
- Mindscape, while a good level, suffer from it's boss and the conditions we do it and so the level can be resumed in one word: Punishing. The level in itself is fine but having only 3 lives make it so that you will have to make the whole level a lot of time anyways even if there's checkpoints.
The first phase of the boss didn't offered much but it was still good, can't say the same with the second as it have too many HP, some attacks are so long that you if you get hit at the start of it you will die from a second hit before being able to do anything if you can't react fast and when you get hit it's fun to get back rings with the camera that mess with your movement. Gave up(I actually don't know about after phase 2) even with infinite lives because of that even if doing it as late as I did it may have not helped.
In itself it could work as pure bonus but it isn't considering the storytelling and the unlockables.

Minor:
- Aether's Castle is a good idea but I felt like it could have been improved a bit as I expected slightly more things to do in a place this big. Also it would make a good hangout map but it's not in hangout(perhaps I don't know how that work so perhaps you couldn't)

Posted here because I didn't felt that I could write a constructive review without spoiler. Gave it 4 because it's a good mod but I didn't got a good experience with the bonus content.

Last edited:
anyone figure out what the 2nd image from the left is in aether's castle? first is beating mindscape, third is beating the game with all emeralds and fourth is beating it without all emeralds. no idea what the second one entails. also is there a way to replay mindscape once you've beaten it other than just deleting the mod's saves

Back