• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shadow the hedgehog remake, Final Beta released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angelus_the_echidna said:
Harsh, dude...
Have you ever heard of the phrase, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"? I'm assuming not.

Just stop it. We can't just comment on just the good things, but then again, we can't just comment on the bad things either. What's wrong with me saying how bad I think it is? Is it against the rules or something? Of course not.

If you want one that's new and original, pick a character and make it yourself.
Haha, I'm way ahead of you on that one.

Look, I don't mind two or three different versions of a character, but Sonic and Shadow are getting really overdone. Power to anyone who can make an Amy wad more respectable than the one on srb2.org, but Sonic? Good lord, I've had enough of him.

Dr. Pepper, you've been doing good work on the Shadow sprites, but if you can offer anything that's different from the other Shadow wads, I would really appreciate that. And um... sorry, but the new Sonic looks kinda ugly to me, honestly.

The only problem now is that most of the really good ones are already taken. I personally would make a few myself, but the only ones I'm interested in are Tikal (for my cousin), Angelus (my fan character for my own personal use), a silver with a superform, and NiGHTS and Reala.
You know, it doesn't have to be a Sonic character. Use your imagination. ;P

fawfulfan said:
It's true that there are a lot of Sonic WADs out there, but that alone is no reason not to make another. For all we know, this one could trump everything, and, judging from the frames Angelus showed us, his Sonic is certainly pretty cool.

That may be. However, I don't know about you, but good graphics are not enough to win me over. Personally, I don't even care for Shadow in the first place, because he's too much alike to Sonic. If a wad doesn't offer something new to the table in terms of gameplay... well, I can't say I'm interested.

EDIT:
Monster Iestyn said:
Harsh, dude...
Have you ever heard of the phrase, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"? I'm assuming not.

Just stop it. We can't just comment on just the good things, but then again, we can't just comment on the bad things either. What's wrong with me saying how bad I think it is? Is it against the rules or something? Of course not.

Speaking of the rules, I could have sworn there was an announcement forbidding "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". Lol?

Blue Warrior said:
I was using it when I talked about Angelus. He's human. But all the same, doesn't that count as a fan character?

Speaking of the rules, I could have sworn there was an announcement forbidding "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". Lol?
If there is, I must have forgotten it. I don't claim to have first-class memory. And if there must be consequences, I'll take my ban without complaint.

I was using it when I talked about Angelus. He's human. But all the same, doesn't that count as a fan character?

Unless it resembles(sp?) Chris or any thorndike, no. That's an OC.

If there is, I must have forgotten it. I don't claim to have first-class memory. And if there must be consequences, I'll take my ban without complaint.

This guy is a good man.

OC = Origional Character, as in, it has no relation to anything already made. A fan character is a character a fan made that resembles a certan subject, such as Sonic. Most of these characters are recolors, unfortunatly. :/

ALRIGHT! I guess I'll start on that, then, since I have freetime right now. And after Angelus, hopefully I'll get started on Tikal.

fawfulfan said:
Let nothing distract you from your Shadow remake.

What are you talking about? It's not my shadow remake, it's Dr. P's.
Besides, I'm having difficulties with my project. Drawing a miniture picture on Angelus with a mouse is harder than I thought it would be. (It double sucks because my mouse is on the right side...AND I'M LEFT-HANDED!!!!)

Angelus, my cousin is left-handed, and he moved the mouse to the other side of his computer. Couldn't you do that?

fawfulfan said:
Angelus, my cousin is left-handed, and he moved the mouse to the other side of his computer. Couldn't you do that?
Also, in the mouse setting menu, there's an option for left handed people. It just reverses the buttons.

Blue Warrior said:

Ah. Well fan characters aren't what I mean by "original", but in the case of original characters, I stand corrected.

I was simply giving you the heads-up. I wasn't implying you need first-class memory.

Wow. I didn't expect that my idea would rise so quickly. I guess I'll do my best at these projects and take whatever criticism gets dealt my way. Well, I do also have to maintain my schoolwork, so I guess these will just be weekend projects.

And now, a couple of things:

Shadic_the_Human said:
Hmm a Tikal WAD eh? I'm curious to see how it will turn out. Angelus will it be like the rouge WAD a little?
I will try to make her more of a happy middle of knux and rouge. In SA2B, Tikal runs fast like knux, but glides as fast as rouge.

fawfulfan said:
Yeah, I did try that at one time, but growing up in a right-handed household...let's just say it's easier for me to use my right side. (and I am not kidding. I am the only person in the entire family that is a leftie)

Now with that said, I must get started. But I think I'll do a poll on who everyone wants to see first.

Blue Warrior said:
The number Sonic character remakes we've had here is just ridiculous, and it annoys me to see them used in netgames, because they force me to download wads which have absolutely no use in the game other than to function as eye candy.
The whole point of character Wads are for eye candy, aren't you even remotely glad that you won't have to look at Donnyku's ugly old Shadow when you play NET games? The whole point of my WAD is to out-date those old WADs and give us a character that actually resembles Shadow. It's a replacement for Donykku's old Shadow, not an alternative edit/recolor.
About my Sonic. It's only being done for EDITING PURPOSES ONLY!
Dr.Pepper said:
to make it a lot easier to transform Sonic's sprites into other official Sonic characters.
In fact, I might just release the PNG frames in a zip only, just so n00bs won't be able to use it in netgames. I like Sonic as he is, but I can't stand editing green hedgehog sprites anymore.
Although I would recommend you do take some time off. A little R&R never hurt anyone.
I agree. :P Btw, good luck on Tikal and Angelus. ;)
Also, let's get back on topic, shall we?
I said:
Seriously, do we want him to jog or skate? I have to know now, so I can get busy on those frames...
Btw, does anyone know of any more unused spawnstates that I could use for the spin trail soc? The Beta is currently using Rouge's spawnstate, the last free spawnstate I knew of.
Hyper Shadic X said:
I think I'll try to work on some of the super frames, if it's ok with you?
Go right ahead, I'd like some help with the super form.

They could ask for Nitro's. He did a great job on his Knux wad.
SSNTails has confirmed on his YouTube account that he is making great progress on his Knuckles sprites, and also why it's taking so long.

Oh, and Nitro's Knux is composed of pure monkey fart.

The soda that doctors drink said:
Seriously, do we want him to jog or skate?
Jog. Leave the skating for his running frames.

I'll Begin said:
The soda that doctors drink said:
Seriously, do we want him to jog or skate?
Jog. Leave the skating for his running frames.

Ok, about the name you gave DP, that's just lol funny. X3

About the jog, nah, I think it'd be better for him to skate, only if it's more SA2 related, jogging is our friend there.

Dr.Pepper said:
The whole point of character Wads are for eye candy
Here lies the problem, the honest truth is that just "eye candy" isn't fun to play. We don't need to have something that plays almost exactly the same as other characters. I stick with the STK group because they somewhat balanced and require different techniques for each character. Sonic and shadow are going to use the same technique when you are playing as them, so its not really worth it.

Dr.Pepper said:
aren't you even remotely glad that you won't have to look at Donnyku's ugly old Shadow when you play NET games?
Most of us don't want to look at either shadow characters. Sonic and shadow are way too similar in both looks and in play style that I am not motivated to add it into servers. What is good in a character wad is balance and uniqueness in playstyle. It also helps if it looks different so you can have a visual cue showing that it has a different ability. Espio is the only addon character that I can think of that has a balance and offers something different enough to want people to play as. If character wads are going to be of any worth, they should at least model after that idea.

I would also like originality in character design, instead of all these characters that are official, or remakes of an official character. Why isn't anyone trying something different? The only character addon I can think of off the top of my head that isn't a recolor or official character is turkeyman, and that is sad. I know that 8 abilities are not much to work with and making an original ability usually breaks a character, but I would like to see more effort on all the things that I mentioned and maybe more character wads will be worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back