• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shadow the hedgehog remake, Final Beta released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the back-diagonal and side frames are weird, but I didn't have the time to point out the Beta's obvious flaws at the time. That and more is being worked on...
So you guys wanted him to walk like Sonic does? I already said he was going to alot walk differently, why didn't you say something sooner! *shot*
Seriously, do we want him to jog or skate? I have to know now, so I can get busy on those frames...
Hyper Shadic X said:
Aww man, my Idle frame wasn't used. :<
HSX, I liked the sprite and did plan on using it in the NET version, but The NET version isn't done yet, why? Because all three red colors zck2020 picked out don't fit in the same color map for some reason. D: I might have to change his stripes to blue for RENET, that'd make it much easier and faster to fix.
Btw, does anyone know of any more unused spawnstates that I could use for the spin trail soc? The Beta is currently using Rouge's spawnstate, the last free spawnstate I knew of.
Off-topic:
Besides 'finishing the job' on Blaze, Shadow might be my last character WAD for a while. I've been character WADding four months straight and starting to feel it. I'm still willing to finish Shadow and do it right, don't worry, but I'm not gonna take my sweet time with it either.
Once Shadow is done, I'll actually have the time to help out with other WADs, (and have more time to pursue other interests, like dual-booting my PC with Linux.) I've been itching to draw sprites for SRB2Riders. (Assuming CZ64 wants my help, of course)
Btw, after Shadow is finished and I've had a break from near constant spriting, would this be a good idea?
New Sonic
SONIA1.png
SONIA2A8.png
SONIA3A7.png
SONIA4A61.png
SONIA5.png

I'm not trying to say I'm better than SSN with these sprites, I'd never be able beat him in a spriting contest. :P I simply want a Sonic that matches the style of my character WADs, and to make it a lot easier to transform Sonic's sprites into other official Sonic characters. This would be rather timely to make, thanks to the new submission system, n00bs couldn't use it to get their crappy fan characters and recolors released faster. :P
Also, this is what I meant when I said 'finish' Blaze...
BLZEA1.png
BLZEA2A8.png
BLZEA3A7.png
BLZEA4A6.png
BLZEA5.png

Instead of completely remaking her, I just want to 'finish it', meaning, cleaning up the sprites so that they match the quality of my more recent WADs. All of the minor defects in the current Blaze WAD become harder to overlook every time I play it, shoot me for being a semi-perfectionist. :P

I think the skating is a good idea for shadow. The sonic is also a good idea. I can't wait till your shadow wad is done keep up the good work!

No one in their right mind would say that's a bad thing. Everyone should strive to be as close to perfection as possible.

Also, about your sonic: YES!!! Although I would recommend you do take some time off. A little R&R never hurt anyone.

Woah... hold on a moment!
We don't need any more Sonic WADs around here. We've already got SSN's (the official one for SRB2 of course), Nitro's, RGXSuperSonic's, SA Sonic, SADX Sonic, SH Sonic, Sonic 3 Sonic, and some more I might have forgotten or not known about, so why do we need your Sonic now?

Monster Iestyn said:
Woah... hold on a moment!
We don't need any more Sonic WADs around here. We've already got SSN's (the official one for SRB2 of course), Nitro's, RGXSuperSonic's, SA Sonic, SADX Sonic, SH Sonic, Sonic 3 Sonic, and some more I might have forgotten or not known about, so why do we need your Sonic now?

Just because you think that there are too many of a character doesn't mean you have to crash the party. If you don't like it, then just live and let live.

EDIT: RGXSuperSonic?? I don't think I have his... Or the Sonic 3 one...

It's these wads that sparked the creation of the new system in the first place, you know. I confronted Mystic about them and we ended up with the Judging System, and I plan to confront him again about them because we never really came to an agreement on what to do with remakes.

Monster is correct, we have far too many Sonic remakes, they're becoming the next recolour. We also have too many Shadow ones, which is just as bad.

We only need one well done, SRB2 style WAD, not a load of remakes that fit terribly in SRB2 (RGX I'm looking at you). The sprites you have shown in this thread (exluding the blaze ones) are no different.

Dr.Pepper said:
I know the back-diagonal and side frames are weird, but I didn't have the time to point out the Beta's obvious flaws at the time. That and more is being worked on...
So you guys wanted him to walk like Sonic does? I already said he was going to alot walk differently, why didn't you say something sooner! *shot*
Seriously, do we want him to jog or skate? I have to know now, so I can get busy on those frames...
Hyper Shadic X said:
HSX, I liked the sprite and did plan on using it in the NET version, but The NET version isn't done yet, why? Because all three red colors zck2020 picked out don't fit in the same color map for some reason. D: I might have to change his stripes to blue for RENET, that'd make it much easier and faster to fix.
Btw, does anyone know of any more unused spawnstates that I could use for the spin trail soc? The Beta is currently using Rouge's spawnstate, the last free spawnstate I knew of.
Off-topic:
Besides 'finishing the job' on Blaze, Shadow might be my last character WAD for a while. I've been character WADding four months straight and starting to feel it. I'm still willing to finish Shadow and do it right, don't worry, but I'm not gonna take my sweet time with it either.
Once Shadow is done, I'll actually have the time to help out with other WADs, (and have more time to pursue other interests, like dual-booting my PC with Linux.) I've been itching to draw sprites for SRB2Riders. (Assuming CZ64 wants my help, of course)
Btw, after Shadow is finished and I've had a break from near constant spriting, would this be a good idea?
New Sonic
SONIA1.png
SONIA2A8.png
SONIA3A7.png
SONIA4A61.png
SONIA5.png

I'm not trying to say I'm better than SSN with these sprites, I'd never be able beat him in a spriting contest. :P I simply want a Sonic that matches the style of my character WADs, and to make it a lot easier to transform Sonic's sprites into other official Sonic characters. This would be rather timely to make, thanks to the new submission system, n00bs couldn't use it to get their crappy fan characters and recolors released faster. :P
Also, this is what I meant when I said 'finish' Blaze...
BLZEA1.png
BLZEA2A8.png
BLZEA3A7.png
BLZEA4A6.png
BLZEA5.png

Instead of completely remaking her, I just want to 'finish it', meaning, cleaning up the sprites so that they match the quality of my more recent WADs. All of the minor defects in the current Blaze WAD become harder to overlook every time I play it, shoot me for being a semi-perfectionist. :P

Dr.P you've done it again yeah i think sonic is an EXCELLENT idea! Got anyMORE suprises for us?

I'm going to have to stand by MI and Cue on this. I don't care how good the artwork might be; if your Sonic and Shadow are just clones of existing characters, I see no reason to download them. The number Sonic character remakes we've had here is just ridiculous, and it annoys me to see them used in netgames, because they force me to download wads which have absolutely no use in the game other than to function as eye candy.

SA Sonic? J-man Shadow? I'll stick with Espio or Blaze any day.

You should make the sonic I don't care how many sonic there are I wouldn't care if there were 300,000,000 sonics I know you will do a good job on the sonic keep up the good work on your wad!

It's true that there are a lot of Sonic WADs out there, but that alone is no reason not to make another. For all we know, this one could trump everything, and, judging from the frames Angelus showed us, his Sonic is certainly pretty cool. BUT...let's just focus on getting Shadow finished first, shall we?

Blue Warrior said:
I'm going to have to stand by MI and Cue on this. I don't care how good the artwork might be; if your Sonic and Shadow are just clones of existing characters, I see no reason to download them. The number Sonic character remakes we've had here is just ridiculous, and it annoys me to see them used in netgames, because they force me to download wads which have absolutely no use in the game other than to function as eye candy.

If you want one that's new and original, pick a character and make it yourself. The only problem now is that most of the really good ones are already taken. I personally would make a few myself, but the only ones I'm interested in are Tikal (for my cousin), Angelus (my fan character for my own personal use), a silver with a superform, and NiGHTS and Reala.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I just might try my hand at these (minus NiGHTS, he/she's a pain to draw).

EDIT2:
fawfulfan said:
It's true that there are a lot of Sonic WADs out there, but that alone is no reason not to make another. For all we know, this one could trump everything, and, judging from the frames Angelus showed us, his Sonic is certainly pretty cool. BUT...let's just focus on getting Shadow finished first, shall we?

What frames are you talking about, Willis?

Ground The Fox said:
Well, that wad is good, but need some fixes

Correction, a lot of fixes...

I don't find Nitro's Knux to be good at all. It's too bad to go in 1.1. Too many obvious edits of Sonic or the official Knux frames, and changing his "none" colour to blue was a bad idea.

Dr.Pepper said:
Hyper Shadic X said:
HSX, I liked the sprite and did plan on using it in the NET version.

Thank you! :D

And one more thing: Why the heck does it look like he has high heals?! o_O

Oh, and I find some of the super frames to be inaccurate, and you can just make his super color Silver instead of white. The white color with him is kinda stupid. And the flickering spinball doesn't work much, and, like I said, that didn't happen in SA2. I think I'll try to work on some of the super frames, if it's ok with you? (it's because he doesn't go up and down when floating, ever. He has more of a Sonic affect, as in, his quils move with the wind.) Also, his super ledge and super hurt frames don't work much for him. He's more like a copy of Sonic, so his ledge frames and "hurt" frames should be more like sonic in my opinion. I can do this.

Monster Iestyn said:
Ground The Fox said:
Well, that wad is good, but need some fixes

Correction, a lot of fixes...

I don't find Nitro's Knux to be good at all. It's too bad to go in 1.1. Too many obvious edits of Sonic or the official Knux frames, and changing his "none" colour to blue was a bad idea.

Harsh, dude...
Have you ever heard of the phrase, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"? I'm assuming not.

EDIT: Dr. P, I found something else you might be interested in, but I'll need to upload the pic somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back