• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SA2's Green hill - stage remake. (You won't need 180 emblems to play this stage!)

I finally learned how to make a loop de loop. :wow: And I also made it functional by using zoom tubes. It took me 2 days to even create a good looking loop. :< Also the checker pads before the loop are here for testing the zoom tubes, I will change it to grass later

I also made another loop today, but I scraped it because of dimensions and because it just looked meh.
1725472003591.png
1725472096548.png

Also this loop means that I'm half way through recreating this stage's layout!1!1! :wow:
1725472313311.png

Now I just need to recreate the other zoom tubes... :dramahog:

You can do it! Remember: Once you're done, you won't have to think about this existing anymore!!!
I finally learned how to make a loop de loop. :wow: And I also made it functional by using zoom tubes. It took me 2 days to even create a good looking loop. :< Also the checker pads before the loop are here for testing the zoom tubes, I will change it to grass later

I also made another loop today, but I scraped it because of dimensions and because it just looked meh.
View attachment 141144View attachment 141145

Also this loop means that I'm half way through recreating this stage's layout!1!1! :wow:
View attachment 141146

View attachment 141144View attachment 141145

View attachment 141146
I'm pretty sure there is a script that makes you roll similar to how you do in the sa2 zoom tubes

I made all the sections before the dreaded double zoom-tubes. And I completely didn't waste 15 minutes trying to get the proportions right. Not at all. I also started adding floating platforms, but the ones that should be moving don't, because I don't know how to make those yet. :C
I also made up an extremely experimental way of creating stronger/scripted "Springs". (These are just zoom tubes that launch you up. And you can barely move after you get launched. :/) And I made the waterfalls, actually fall! :wow:

this is looking really good, good luck!

on a slightly unrelated note i unlocked green hill in sa2
View attachment 141005
Post automatically merged:

maybe you could use a P_SKIN lump to increase everyone’s jump height​
So first of all, congrats!!! How much time this took you? (For me it took 9 months with having a big break from 100%-ing SA2)
And second, I really don't want to redesign the whole verticality of this stage again. :C
And I think that changing the global gravity for this single stage in the level header would work too and I guess it also would be way easier to do.

Fix those thok barriers before you do anything else. They aren't as difficult as they seem, I was able to figure them out after just looking at a working one, and thats what i'd suggest you do. Seriously though, fix them ASAP, I don't know if I can live any longer with those in existence.

Fix those thok barriers before you do anything else. They aren't as difficult as they seem, I was able to figure them out after just looking at a working one, and thats what i'd suggest you do. Seriously though, fix them ASAP, I don't know if I can live any longer with those in existence.
No, I will leave them like that until the end of development just to spite you.
1725701825908.png

But on more serious note, I don't want to just a slap a thok barrier with GHZ sky, but instead I want to recreate the background waterfalls like in the original stage. Even though I'm afraid of software rendering limitations. (I got permanent PTSD from my emerald coast remake.)
srb20094.gif

This is kinda complicated to recreate because it requires me to make two layers of sectors and even it's going to be even more tedious If I decide to change the placement of the barriers, so for now I rather stay on building grid with my Truman show looking sky. :>
And yes, I added animated water texture along the waterfall one. And I finally can use the horizon effect without OPENGL limitations! :wow:

And on unreleated note, does someone know a way for me to view all the objects in this stage? Because I really don't want to watch someones speedrun only to see where I should place a single totem. And I also don't want to switch back and forth between me working on my PC and playing SA2 on my TV. :C​

I edited the big palmtree sprites to match the ones used in the original stage.
BSZ8D0.png
BSZ8C0.png

Last edited:
Sorry for not making any updates for a whole week but I was, and I am currently:
-cleaning up my old map.
-submitting and cleaning up my new addon and it’s page.
-having a spicier school week with 3 small tests.

But for good news, I released everything that was stealing my attention from making THIS map, so if I’m not busy writing 3 page essays to other MB users, then we should be fine! :D Sorry for a small delay in updates!

Sorry for not making any updates for a whole week but I was, and I am currently:
-cleaning up my old map.
-submitting and cleaning up my new addon and it’s page.
-having a spicier school week with 3 small tests.

But for good news, I released everything that was stealing my attention from making THIS map, so if I’m not busy writing 3 page essays to other MB users, then we should be fine! :D Sorry for a small delay in updates!
its fine, take you're time with this stuff. 👍

I made all the sections before the dreaded double zoom-tubes. And I completely didn't waste 15 minutes trying to get the proportions right. Not at all. I also started adding floating platforms, but the ones that should be moving don't, because I don't know how to make those yet. :C
I also made up an extremely experimental way of creating stronger/scripted "Springs". (These are just zoom tubes that launch you up. And you can barely move after you get launched. :/) And I made the waterfalls, actually fall! :wow:

So first of all, congrats!!! How much time this took you? (For me it took 9 months with having a big break from 100%-ing SA2)
And second, I really don't want to redesign the whole verticality of this stage again. :C
And I think that changing the global gravity for this single stage in the level header would work too and I guess it also would be way easier to do.
I imagine you could use udmf to scale up regular springs and make them stronger

I make a remix for midi because why not if I can

WHAT THE FU

Attachments

• OIP (8).jpeg
    OIP (8).jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 8
You mean that you made, or are making a midi remix of GHZ theme? If yes then that’s neat! :wow: (I guess that’s what you mean.)
This not by me it by giant sound font if you use I credit him but yeah it sound pretty accurate

This not by me it by giant sound font if you use I credit him but yeah it sound pretty accurate
Now I going to make fnf random ass song voice remix because it for something ok now bye

Attachments

• Sonic-GreenHillZoneMIDIHQ.mp3
    1.4 MB

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back