S3DR PROJECT CANCELED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew something might happen to the game. well where do i get some 3D animation stuff? I wanna help on 3d models if they dont seem as hard at least :P

You can either download a demo version or buy the full version. Usually the buying is like $500+. Emphisis on +

LTS said:
Interesting. Having been a follower of fan games for a while now, your concept for this looks good, but I'll have to see a working game demo and not a movie before I'm convinced that it will work right. My advice is that you do not advertise this game very much until you have about 80% of the playable version finished. The reason I say this is because I saw a project die because they over-advertised.

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

They had so many people talking about the first video demo released, that Square noticed and shut them down. So if you don't want to suffer the same fate, I'd recommend some private demo/movie releases. I would think that the only reason that SEGA has not killed SRB2 yet is either because it's not GCN quality and they aren't threatened by it, or they don't know about it. Since you're game is supposed to look as good as the console games, SEGA might not like it. So keep up the good work and don't let SEGA kill your project.

What the crap. just what the friggin crap. since when does SEGA even care? there is a complex reason behind why Square stopped it, which I will explain below. The point is, SEGA does NOT care about fan games. they consider them like fanart, fanfics etc. and find it as a new source for fans. the same with Capcom and megaman fan games. several people have written to both and have been given the thumbs up.

Chrono Trigger's liscence agreements are complicated by one thing: It's barely Square's game, if half even. the main music and graphics designers and writers for most of Square's games;Nobuo Uemetsu, Wong whatever his name is, and the main writer who don't care to look up his name; were put in the backseat for this game. the graphics (and possibly the writing) for CT were done by the team behind DBZ, and the music... let's just say i don't know much about the music composer. anyway, Square might not have problems with the remake of CT, but the other half of the equation does care. therefore Square was left no choice in the matter. now Square no longer has the use of the team behind CT, and thusly tried to wing it, which resulted in the crap heap that is Chrono Cross.

and there you have it, the answer in a nutshell.

Actually, many companies shut fangames down. Nintendo and FOX often shut down fangames, and many others do as well. SEGA is actually rare in that they DON'T shut fangames down. Maybe they think, like I do, that fangames are a sort of free advertising. If only more companies realized that.

I realised something else today, Chrono Revolution wasn't a fangame in the full sense, it was a total all-out remake of CT. if it had been finished, it would be deleted from the internet within 12 hours of release, because it would have been nothing more than a free version of CT.

One thing I still wonder is why Square never tried to remake it themselves. for some reason I think they hate it. Chrono Cross is barely a continuation from what I know. I could be wrong though, considering CT2 Radical Dreamers (it was something that ended in "Dreamers", not quite sure.) was never released in America, despite the first game's huge success.

This sounds like an interesting movie!
Can't wait to see it!
As long as there's no cursing or blood/gore. or nudity... wait... Sonic's always been nude.:p

When you get a part as a voice actor for a charecter, How do you go about recording voices for the game? Do you e-mail people with a script, or something?

EDIT: Oops, I accidentaly skipped some pages in this topic.

well I can say this...um....um...Oh ya, It doesn't matter if it has blood are gore because Sonic always been a family ''guy'' type movie setter. So you don't need to worry.

P.S.Sonic will never put clothes on. Man that didn't sound right.:o

Yes they really are! On the left side, its on "other fangames" and then its the very last ones. theres an espio, nack, and 3 NiGHTS games.

Chaos, they mean fangames based on other Sonic Team games...

Where is the common sense nowadays...if they were official, they'd be being sold, and they wouldn't be "fangames", now would they?

Actually, they're kinda small. They would probably be unlockables or something although I think they would have better graphics and a smoother game engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back