Resource icon
Renderer's Character Arsenal!

This is Renderer's Character Arsenal, or Renderer's ChArsenal for short. This is a compilation of characters based on my own personal interests, either that I worked on or collaborated on. Currently there are 2 characters in this pack, but more will come based on my own motivation to do characters. I also have provided individual PK3s as a zip file.

Characters:
The Conductor (A Hat in Time) - Speed 6, Weight 5
One day, the Conductor started to get bored of riding his Owl Express. So, he said "peck it" and bought himself a go kart with the bird money he earned from his movies and went pedal to the metal!
He excels in speed, but handling isn't his thing.

attachment.php

Professor Renderer Grizzleton (Original Character) - Speed 2, Weight 7

You can always rely on Professor Renderer Grizzleton to take care of your messes! He is a scientist bear with a kind heart and a goofy personality. He recently built a go kart so that he can explore different worlds. He's always willing to tweak his kart as he pleases. His weight lets him corner well, but lacks in speed.
attachment.php

Credits:
Kibito Ayame for the spritework for Conductor
Gears for Breakfast for the sound clips for Conductor
The entire Kart Krew Discord for keeping me motivated and giving advice for Professor Renderer

Attachments

• kart0031.gif
    kart0031.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 8,356
  • kart0092.gif
    kart0092.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 4,332
  • kibitoconfirmation.png
    kibitoconfirmation.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 476
  • KC_RenderersChArsenal-v1.0.pk3
    1.3 MB · Views: 464
  • KC_RenderersChArsenal_Indivs.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 668
Last edited:
Version 1.1 is released. It'll fix the signpost sprite being off by a pixel vertically and also some cleanup with the PK3 and its sprite names.

About a month later and version 1.2 is released for Conductor. It adds support for Team SRB2Kart Racing with his own ultimate theme. Use addultimatemusic hitconductor TSRCON to add it in.

One thing to note about the TSRB2KR support: addultimatemusic is a CVar, which means you'd need to input the command that I mentioned in the announcement (addultimatemusic hitconductor TSRCON) manually. I thought the command was a NetVar that would've let everyone hear it if they played Conductor, but it isn't. As far as I'm aware, there is no autoexec cfg file associated with TSRB2KR that would let enable the ultimate music on join similar to how HORNMOD does it.

TL;DR: If you want to hear Conductor's ultimate music in TSRB2KR, you would have to input addultimatemusic hitconductor TSRCON manually for each time as I don't think there is an autoexec cfg file much like HORNMOD.

Minor version 1.2.1 is released, fixing some transparent pixels on Conductor's wanted sprite. The transparent pixels were noticeable when Team SRB2Kart Racing ultimates were charging, were fully charged, or used.

If only his kart was the Owl Express train
The only issue with that is that I would have to first rip the front of the Owl Express and miniaturize it so that it would be like a kart. In addition, the front of the train is way too complex for my skill level of spriting. Maybe when v2 rolls around I could do something like that, but it's unlikely.

Version 1.3 has been released. This version makes a change to Conductor's stats from 6 speed, 3 weight to 6 speed, 5 weight. The description has been changed to reflect this. For some reason, the spoiler formatting is broken. No idea why that happened.

EDIT: Nevermind, the '[' was underlined. Whoops.

Last edited:
Version 1.3 is now version 1.3.1, changing voice clips to either shorten on time or what I'm calling a "narrative change." Lose, gloat, slow, attack 1 and boost 2 have been changed.

I prefer the "Time to bring out the big guns!" from V1.3, but I do prefer the loss quote in V1.3.1 as well as the "Woosh!" boost quote. Meanwhile, the overtake quote... Just doesn't feel right in either of them.

The Conductor has now been moved into my new character pack: Renderer's Character Arsenal! With this, a new character was released: my own OC, Professor Renderer Grizzleton. A separate ZIP file has been included that features the current version of Conductor along with Professor Renderer.

Renderer's Character Arsenal!

This is Renderer's Character Arsenal, or Renderer's ChArsenal for short. This is a compilation of characters based on my own personal interests, either that I worked on or collaborated on. Currently there are 2 characters in this pack, but more will come based on my own motivation to do characters. I also have provided individual PK3s as a zip file.

Characters:
The Conductor (A Hat in Time) - Speed 6, Weight 5
One day, the Conductor started to get bored of riding his Owl Express. So, he said "peck it" and bought himself a go kart with the bird money he earned from his movies and went pedal to the metal!
He excels in speed, but handling isn't his thing.

attachment.php

Professor Renderer Grizzleton (Original Character) - Speed 2, Weight 7

You can always rely on Professor Renderer Grizzleton to take care of your messes! He is a scientist bear with a kind heart and a goofy personality. He recently built a go kart so that he can explore different worlds. He's always willing to tweak his kart as he pleases. His weight lets him corner well, but lacks in speed.
attachment.php

Credits:
Kibito Ayame for the spritework for Conductor
Gears for Breakfast for the sound clips for Conductor
The entire Kart Krew Discord for keeping me motivated and giving advice for Professor Renderer

PECK NECK

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back