• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My Works In Progress (The Twirlspin levelpack) i dont have a good name for a levelpack :P

Triant

mapper and amateur spriter
weeeeell, after my last work in progress first i wanted to say sorry,i didnt tried to copy dirk,and until you wait for new sprites here are the designs for steel
also,admins,if you have some problems with the sprites,tell me but please dont block this post i dont have bad intentions, and yes, steel is a 100% original work
apologies.png

notcssart.png

well and now the interesting part,you wont believe it,but its my first intend at mapping

srb20002.png
srb20001.png
srb20000.gif

ye a changing skybox and sky,isnt so much
also i made some of the textures you see there
and a city part

srb20006.png

well if you wanna download it,there you have the demo

Attachments

• srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 121
  • srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Quartz_Quadrant_BF_Demo1.pk3
    6.6 MB · Views: 209
Last edited:
weeeeell, after my last work in progress first i wanted to say sorry,i didnt tried to copy dirk,and until you wait for new sprites here are the designs for steel
also,admins,if you have some problems with the sprites,tell me but please dont block this post i dont have bad intentions, and yes, steel is a 100% original work View attachment 53256
View attachment 53257
well and now the interesting part,you wont believe it,but its my first intend at mapping

View attachment 53260View attachment 53261View attachment 53263
ye a changing skybox and sky,isnt so much
also i made some of the textures you see there
and a city part

View attachment 53265

well if you wanna download it,there you have the demo
This is pretty cool! However I do have a small suggestion:

Go for Sonic Hysteria's Design.

I know Hysteria isn't out yet, but it's music and backgrounds are. They look and sound way better than Sonic CD's (heck, have you even heard the "present" outside track?).

Link for Music::
Outside:
Inside:

Present Outside... Cuz why not-

This is pretty cool! However I do have a small suggestion:

Go for Sonic Hysteria's Design.

I know Hysteria isn't out yet, but it's music and backgrounds are. They look and sound way better than Sonic CD's (heck, have you even heard the "present" outside track?).

Link for Music::
Outside:
Inside:

Present Outside... Cuz why not-
i used hysteria's bad future outside remix, check the pk3, and do change music sectors everytime you change between outside and inside would be annoying, and i dont have hysterias backgrounds,i also tried to use them :(

i used hysteria's bad future outside remix, check the pk3, and do change music sectors everytime you change between outside and inside would be annoying, and i dont have hysterias backgrounds,i also tried to use them :(
I can attach the backgrounds for you, and for the music, I guess just use one then. I'd recommend Outside version. It fits better.
I Found 3. I had to crop for the outside image, so sorry for bad quality, but most of the sky is black anyways. One is an extra, used for SoundCloud, showing off both Inside and Outside tracks. I'd recommend it if you create an Act 2 + 3.

Attachments

• images (4).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20210919_171247.jpg
    IMG_20210919_171247.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 126
  • quartz_quadrant_bad_future___sonic_hysteria_by_gilandes52_ddyfycu-350t.jpg
    quartz_quadrant_bad_future___sonic_hysteria_by_gilandes52_ddyfycu-350t.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 185
I can attach the backgrounds for you, and for the music, I guess just use one then. I'd recommend Outside version. It fits better.
I Found 3. I had to crop for the outside image, so sorry for bad quality, but most of the sky is black anyways. One is an extra, used for SoundCloud, showing off both Inside and Outside tracks. I'd recommend it if you create an Act 2 + 3.
thanks

Np! I'd recommend the cut Egg Rock Zone/Red Volcano Zone Act 3 fight. It fits the atmosphere. And a gimmick, maybe bring in switching conveyors? If not just the classic buzzsaws and flaming pipes. Or make it the hell that this zone is with all 3.

Good luck!:wonderful:
its just a collab with a friend i just posted what ive done,my friend did qqz present :P,also this is act 2

XTRAC0.png
mai smol steel
Post automatically merged:

STNDA1.png
STNDA1 (2).png
old vs new sprites

Last edited:
hi again,i dont have any new captures or something,but i wanted to tell you that in quartz quadrant we will possibly have time travel at a cd style
inserte sonido de viaje del tiempo.png

Inserte voz diciendo past o future.png

Last edited:
so well.... in a few hours ill publish Quartz quadrant bad future and steel is for the moment cancelled,idk if i will finish him one day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like the idea of Sonic CD-styled time travel, I wish you good luck on implementing that in.
that sadly wont be ppossible

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL well well....
Working on some new enemies (just basic SOC xd) and i have 1 of two well defined and the other i have only the design, its a christmas tree, here u have an image please if u have any,can u give me ur ideas?
A tree.png

Attachments

• A tree.png
    A tree.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
that sadly wont be ppossible

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL well well....
Working on some new enemies (just basic SOC xd) and i have 1 of two well defined and the other i have only the design, its a christmas tree, here u have an image please if u have any,can u give me ur ideas?
View attachment 58998
Maybe the Tree shakes the Grenades off and they hurt sonic from a distance?

Maybe the Tree shakes the Grenades off and they hurt sonic from a distance?
well that's a good idea thanks

yup, i suck at animating, for the moment this will be the in-game design of the "T-bomber"
TBOMA1.gif

Last edited:
also, any lua coder to help me doing a code for a snowball that freezes the player?

Pretty good stuff here, keep it up!
Heres a suggestion.

So you know that one bit just before the checkpoint where you have to destroy all the enemies to proceed? Well I found a way to sort of cheese it.
srb20033.gif

Heres an idea, how about you have it so that the player falls into that section, maybe like a trap door opens up beneath the player and they fall into a pit full of enemies, rather than the enemies just crowding up right behind a FOF.
srb20035.gif

Here's an example of what I'm talkin about.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back