Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one, am for the idea. While I do like the idea of a new civilization, we have worked far too much as of now to just give it all up. I do feel that it might give us a little bit of a cheating advantage on the new world though, so maybe we should have the area off-limits for some time until we get used to the new world? Maybe. Still is a great idea and I would definitely love to see it come to light.

I was viewing it less as cheating, but more as a catharsis of the land. Keep our structures, get new land, win win. Not a restart of the game, but simply a renewal.

Ironically, the only place in the map I've seen that ISN'T covered in the frigid grip of climate chaos is Chaos Island. It hasn't changed at all. perhaps a virtue of being in the center of Chaos Sea, an Ocean Biome?

I'm up for the structure transplants. It'll save me the 3 months of digging I'd need to build Chaos Island again.

A monstrosity.
IT IS.

A new map. But wait! A new map discourages creativity, because any length of time spent working on a project is ultimately wasted when the new update comes. If only there were a way around it... Perhaps there is?
I was against a new map when we didn't have any reason (or just because "baw, I'm bored"). But now, we do have "the" reason. And this reason does discourage creativity.

If we have to move the structures, a new map is the best solution. I wouldn't like to play a map that's a half screwed and the other half is... half-assed fixed. If we have to apply effort to move structures, instead of just moving structures far away the spawn point, we'd better do it in a new map, with the bonus of having a fresh start with new biomes and a less-boring terrain.

If we keep the current map and the map limit is extend, I don't expect the new chunks will be created so seamlessly:

sJiNl.png

Splendid. I'm glad to see it has such positive reception, because I was a big fan of the idea. I'm currently using a list of users to figure out:

A: What they want to port from the old map or present map

B: What type of area they want it in

C: If they want it in a town

Also, I'm in the process of downloading the old map. This will be a haul... 0.1%

A: What they want to port from the old map or present map

B: What type of area they want it in

C: If they want it in a town
As for my stuffs, well, I'm giving up everything. All my work was infrastructure maintenance, I haven't built anything monumental.

Let me say something. What if we pick a good seed number of a map with an interesting terrain and biomes around the spawn point instead of something bland and random? Once this world is created, let people wander around for a while to choose the spots where they want their old structures to be re-implanted. Then, close the server, edit the map and re-host. You know, some people might dislike the location of their buildings...

Last edited:
Hm.... I like that idea, Ezer. Obviously my import won't be in a town, but I'd really enjoy choosing the area it is grafted onto.

FYI, All I'm importing is Chaos Isle

Let me say something. What if we pick a good seed number of a map with an interesting terrain and biomes around the spawn point instead of something bland and random?

Well, you do have a problem with this. The main issue being who decides? And where do we find this good seed? The first seed we used, for the 1.1 world was random, and it was quite fantastic, if you ask me. If you have any seed suggestions, go ahead and tell.

Once this world is created, let people wander around for a while to choose the spots where they want their old structures to be re-implanted. Then, close the server, edit the map and re-host. You know, some people might dislike the location of their buildings...

Well, I was trusting my eye for proper real estate, and the guidelines people gave me... But I don't know. This makes things a lot more complicated. And who is "people" anyways? We have a list of 25 something people who play on the server and want things copied. It's a bit hard to get them all on in an organized fashion. And in all honesty, some of the things might be a bit of a pain to copy as it is, without nitpicking about exact finicky locations. In fact, everyone I have talked to so far has been rather apathetic about exact location, being content to just tell me "in a hilly sort of forest area" and such simple but effective instructions.

Last edited:
I went on ahead and checked some name seeds. From what I checked the only good ones are either "Furyhunter", which spawns you in a foresty area near a jungle which is near a taiga, and "metalrawr" which spawned me in a foresty area near a jungle which has a large looking desert nearby.
And who are you to take a screenshot of my secret base entrance and name it "a royal mess"?! I am dissapoint.
Edit: I just ran around the server and noticed somethign quite intresting! I was in a place where it keeps changing from Ocean to Desert biome, and I noticed the sky's color changes depending on the biome I'm in! It's light-blue in a desert biome, and more darker blue in an ocean biome. It's quite a strange sight to run through this mesh of biomes, the sky flashes with these colors.
EDIT2: On a Minecraft related note, Cpt. Sparklypants has done it again.
EDIT3: To anyone out there that gives a fuck, Charyb's lighthouse in (Frozen) Crater Desert just near the town is now finished! The redstone circuit gets messed up when players aren't near it for some reason, I don't get this happening on any other server... It's like it just stops when none is near it, causng it to screw up. Dunno what's Fury doing with Bukkit to cause that.

Last edited:
I logged in today to find Glade Village desolate, along with some nether rock in the middle of town, later that day I stumble across this.

2012-04-02_15.16.29.png

So what's going on here?

If you have any seed suggestions, go ahead and tell.
I have my pick. A good one. I'll post about with screenshots and some stuff tomorrow.

So what's going on here?
It's a black magic ritual. Can't you see the hellish blocks? Well, you should never have been there...

Just kidding. According to MCWiki, it's a villager "Breeder". It's a way to make the village population grow. New villagers "pop up" among them according to the number of doors in a closed space. If you go there again, you'll find 3 kids running like a hell, playing tag in there.

Last edited:
Our chests inside structures, will they be ported too or will I be losing my 30 blocks of diamond and 2 stacks each of the other precious blocks?

As for seed suggestion... How about something nutty and outta left field like "Brisingr"?

I have my pick. A good one. I'll post about with screenshots and some stuff tomorrow.

GIMME GIMME

Forget about screenshots, just give me the seed. I'll need it anyways if I am to port stuff to it.

Last edited:
Hey guys, while we're waiting for the new map for the server, you guys should check out youareminecraft.com, it's awesome :D

Oh and metal-rawr, clocks get messed up when they're unloaded and they can be restarted automatically by a block update. I found a solution to this, just build a pulsar with its redstone wiring passing by your clock (not connecting to it, mind you) and it should unfreeze it anytime someone loads the lighthouse chunk. Downside is that in multiplayer, it can cause some lag.

I was messing with random name seeds, exploring, and came across this weird structure in the desert.

2012-04-04_00.44.20.png

My first thought was "ffff herobrine"

Then I laughed, walked a few blocks farther, and saw this:

2012-04-04_00.46.01.png

FFFFFFFFFFF HEROBRINE

Seriously, Twilight-Sparkle is the scariest seed I've seen. Not long after that I saw a set of two white eyes on my Rei's Minimap. Turned out to just be two one block holes with lava beneath. But still... And then a few moments after that I came across a huge jungle burning to the ground.

Anyone ever seen any structures in the desert anything like those? They were right along a coastline. I'm wondering what the heck is up with them...

For the record, I DL'd the map from 1.1 - the one that froze over - and updated it myself in 1.2. Put all the folders from the three separate archives into one folder, selected the save in MC's SP menu, let it do its thing. Guess what? The biomes stayed exactly the same.

Given those circumstances, I'd really rather not have to go to a new map - again - I'd rather just update the old map correctly and extend the radius so we can see new stuff within it.

As I promised, that's my suggestion:

This world is a find. The spawn point is in a middle of a jungle forest (since people wanted it so hard); a few blocks away a swampland with isles. Extreme hills, overhangs, deserts, epic valleys, big caves and plains are found within 500 blocks away from spawn point.

Screenshots:

At the spawn point
3J417.png

BP5bK.png

OlFfB.png

Within 100 blocks away
hxiRd.png

l4TYv.png

Fpekg.png

Within 250 blocks away
uF1bm.png

I5LAP.png

Within 500 blocks away
Nr9zA.png

7dlun.png

8J7ug.png

I propose the main city should be build near the spawn point, instead of "rebuilding" an existing village. There's a suitable area about 90 blocks away from the spawn point. I made, say, an experimental city to see how it'd turn out:

The area
lEttn.png

All trees removed, terrain flattened and then...
OfRtP.png

A sample of a house (It has a backyard too):
5Kh4B.png

Extra Pic | Extra Pic

A street:
4GktI.png

The streets will be 7 blocks large (3 for road, 2+2 for sidewalk). Obviously we aren't going to use the same materials.

The landscape:
S50u7.png

t2X7i.png

jSACV.png

During the night
lLMPh.png

LG7c4.png

Extra Pic | Extra Pic

just give me the seed.
Sent via PM.

Can I get permission to build on the server? Just gets annoying to walk around with half a heart you know?

I guess 1.2.5 is officially out, because my game wants to update. I get stuck on the loading screen once it does though... Anyone else unable to run the update?
EDIT: From Jeb's tweeter: "We are trying to update mc at the moment, but we met complications. Stand by =)" (About 10 minutes ago)
Well deerrrrrp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back