Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I managed to pull off something.... HD ;P

sYgaQ.jpg
hTINH.jpg
This is not the server's current state with all our buildings and terrain modifications. This is a map of original terrain, without modification. I made it because I was thinking of building something big, such as a railroad to connect both villages and the spawn point, big bridges or whatever. When I have a map like that, I can have some fun on planning stuff.

I like building rather than exploring or messing around with RPG-ish stuff added recently in MC, such as dragons and magic. Just saying. For me, Minecraft was about how to survive in a mysterious place by building and crafting the stuff you need from the resources that you mine. I had a "Lost" TV series feeling. Simple like this.

(Besides, I discovered the 3rd village. A bigger one. But this time I'm not going to tell where it is.) (.... and a 4th :x)

I don't believe we were restarting maps, just changing versions. I mean, 1.2 is fully compatible with 1.1 maps and all.
Yes. Restarting maps so often makes me think it's worthless to build something more sophisticated. I don't think the goals are so limited to:
  1. build a shelter
  2. visit all places in the world as much as you can
  3. craft an enchanting table and mess with some magic stuff
  4. defeat the End Dragon
... and then no one can't come up with something else and get bored of the map.

Speaking of building, I'm thinking of replacing the gravel with stone bricks in the city. Nay or yay?
EL82T.png

New lots soon:
bBNjM.png

Last edited:
Only one word can describe what you have done Ezer. Epic, and yes we should replace the gravel with stone bricks. It would look a lot better.

I like building rather than exploring or messing around with RPG-ish stuff added recently in MC, such as dragons and magic. Just saying. For me, Minecraft was about how to survive in a mysterious place by building and crafting the stuff you need from the resources that you mine. I had a "Lost" TV series feeling. Simple like this.

Yes. Restarting maps so often makes me think it's worthless to build something more sophisticated. I don't think the goals are so limited to:
  1. build a shelter
  2. visit all places in the world as much as you can
  3. craft an enchanting table and mess with some magic stuff
  4. defeat the End Dragon
... and then no one can't come up with something else and get bored of the map.

You, sir, just said what I have been trying to say for a long time. Except the difference is that you said it very honorably and gentlemanly, and without singling people out. I just complain like a grumpy old man.

Sometimes I honestly wish Mojang had never implemented the Enderdragon in the first place. But, at the same time, the people who build shacks, defeat him and then pronounce the game boring are people who would probably declare Minecraft boring from the get go if it weren't for the Enderdragon. And in that case, it would still be better without the Enderdragon, because we wouldn't have these damnable shacks everywhere.

Speaking of building, I'm thinking of replacing the gravel with stone bricks in the city. Nay or yay?

yay

Just think I should ask here... Does anyone have a problem with me tearing down the nasty waterslide in Neo Sapphire Town? It's pointless, ugly, and it brings property value down! No one even knows who built it.

Actually, if you're going to destroy the whole thing, then may I instead make a request to leave the base structure intact; I'd like to build another floating castle when we hit 1.2, and that place is as good as any.

Why is that as good a place as any? If you're going to build a flying castle, build it above the grassy valleys northwest of town. They're the perfect scenic situation for a floating castle.

Just think I should ask here... Does anyone have a problem with me tearing down the nasty waterslide in Neo Sapphire Town? It's pointless, ugly, and it brings property value down! No one even knows who built it.

Actually, some person on the server one day (about a month ago. Don't remember the name. . .T_T) mentioned about making a stream and building it "up". Confused, I proceeded to ask him if he meant "straight" but he in fact meant. . . up.

One month later, I see that so called stream. . .which looks like (like you defined it) a waterslide. He may have had some ideas of terraforming in that area to make it look like a stream falling down, but IDK beyond that.

EDIT: And FYI, I do however remember telling him that it wouldn't be best to build anything random near the town unless it was acceptable with you guys.

Last edited:
People, I'm not against big structures. In fact, they give the world interesting places to visit.

But honestly, making them all around the Sapphire City will make the city's landscape look very crowded and cramped while there's a lot of empty space in the server. Then I'd suggest to spread these giant structures in the map, it'll make the whole world worth visiting and give an extra reason to extend the railroads further.

The server isn't only the city. You guys forgot we have about 7 millions square meters of empty space and lots of landscape features (extreme hills, mountains, basins etc) to take advantage.

IQHuV.png

FVcLd.png

FB2n0.png

92uKK.png

cEUE2.png

3SVnv.png

LgdFs.png

pwmR3.png

Lnqan.png

pgKh5.png

NYgjE.png

05o6u.png

ivFx6.png

onhHB.png

9rlTW.png

9ocui.png
I see that so called stream. . .which looks like (like you defined it) a waterslide. He may have had some ideas of terraforming in that area to make it look like a stream falling down, but IDK beyond that.
That would be a monstrosity. I wouldn't like to see a 20-block-tall artificial hill in that spot. He'd better take a mountain and make a waterslide there; it doesn't need to be much far, though.

Actually, if you're going to destroy the whole thing, then may I instead make a request to leave the base structure intact; I'd like to build another floating castle when we hit 1.2, and that place is as good as any.
I'm afraid that some pyromaniacs have attacked that thing. And the remaining material were collected by the local townhall for public interest. Sorry. D:

Last edited:
People, I'm not against big structures. In fact, they give the world interesting places to visit.

But honestly, making them all around the Sapphire City will make the city's landscape look very crowded and cramped while there's a lot of empty space in the server. Then I'd suggest to spread these giant structures in the map, it'll make the whole world worth visiting and give an extra reason to extend the railroads further.

That is very true. With your flying castle in mind, Shadowhog, I was hesitant to mention it because of it's relative distance, but there are some magnificent fields/valleys in one part of the server that would look magnificent with a flying castle overhead. Like a veritable fairy tale. I don't know exactly where the place is, but I have some co-ordinates of a trip I took in that general direction, so I'm sure I could find it again if you want me to show you.

Also, I found my first shroom biome! But not in the SRB2 server. I almost jumped for joy when I first saw the Mycelium on the shore.

lccmA.jpg
Nice highlight of the areas and labels. I, the one who built the island, have highlighted a rough estimate of its area.
Note: the smaller Islands are the one thing I know I incorporated into it, It's some rotation pivoting on them, might not be that exact area. -\(6_9)/-

Last edited:
With your flying castle in mind, Shadowhog, I was hesitant to mention it because of it's relative distance, but there are some magnificent fields/valleys in one part of the server that would look magnificent with a flying castle overhead. Like a veritable fairy tale. I don't know exactly where the place is, but I have some co-ordinates of a trip I took in that general direction, so I'm sure I could find it again if you want me to show you.
If it's far from town, then I'm not really interested; I'd rather place it over the ocean northeast of town. I'll have plenty of room for growth there, without bothering too many people. (Unless that's where your hidden underwater town is, but I kind of doubt it is?)

Last edited:
Nope, my hidden underwater town, soon to be revealed. is in another castle ocean. And really, I'm not sure how far from town the valleys actually are. Probably only 300-400 blocks. I'd have to check. But if you already have a place, don't let me get in your way.

Since nobody's actually gotten a real focusing picture of the Egg Shrine, I took one myself.
kx9i

(yay for shit resolution and blocking waypoints)

Is that a naturally occurring dog mountain? D:
Yes. That's a naturally occurring Dog Mountain.

If it's far from town, then I'm not really interested; I'd rather place it over the ocean northeast of town. I'll have plenty of room for growth there, without bothering too many people.
A flying castle over the ocean is perfect. Why would a castle float over solid ground anyway. Don't forget to add some cascades flowing into the ocean. ;D

Note: the smaller Islands are the one thing I know I incorporated into it, It's some rotation pivoting on them, might not be that exact area. -\(6_9)/-
I'm going to update the oblique map with these new info soon.

EDIT:

New oblique map:
kKNuE.jpg

Last edited:
I see I should speak up again... the Resting place at the northeastmost edge. I was up there and intended to make a new town "Minetropolis" there, but there was never anyone on when I still cared.

Heheh, I should have mentioned about the resting area past the canal and near the south sea, but I wanted to post some more updated pics due to continued construction. Course after the patch, I couldn't log into the server.

But that doesn't mean I don't have pics from the previous set up. . .

RestareaMinecraft2.png

RestareaMinecraft3.png

RestareaMinecraft4.png

This third pic was when I was working to make it more presentable and noticeable. From the inside I created a little window, and conveniently it also shows you the moon. The outside structure doesn't have all the sand, and was replaced with cobblestone. Personally it looks more like an underground castle. . .but eh.

Last edited:
Since the server is down, I'm posting some pics:

I've worked on "improving" the village I discovered. This is how the village was before.
yg1Fk.png

Some houses were buried under 4 layers of dirt; the street was very narrow. Then I started to work. But first...
Q2I4B.png

Demolishing
enUbX.png

7AWoR.png

Village almost done
nwqAs.png

My house finished (using another texture pack). I have nice neighbors that come to visit me.
TZCqy.png

Backyard
MA3rH.png

Inside
o8isR.png

We now have a new town: Glade Village.

Aerial view
FgMBM.png

Village Hall (me waves to Sapphire City's major)
Ob3Mb.png

Glade's port
SqTaU.png

0mI8b.png

M7cQT.png

Glade Village before the "green spree"
vMao3.png

JkAcE.png

Me playing with Train Mod in a "clone" map near the coord where Glade Village is. Firstly, I "plan out" the railroad path in a clone map before building in the actual server.
513Uo.png

Track builder
Mafu7.png

New isometric map is out:
qQ8vO.jpg

I don't know if I should add labels for isolated houses (for example, this one), mineshafts and strongholds. And feel free to give geographic places interesting names.

Last edited:
Well, there is a free open source game (It doesn't work on my computer (; shame) and you can create maps just like mine craft in game, there are bots you can play against and online multiplayer, tons of maps and you can play CTF, FFA and many more gametypes its really fun and you can even put slopes curves anything you can imagine into your levels (If you use custom textures). It has realistic textures and lighting but it doesn't even come close to the popularity of minecraft.
Just an idiotic question,what is that game called?

Oh and Ezer.Arch,how did ya see the full map then,screenshot it?

Glade Village? I'm going to assume you didn't like my name for the village.
D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back