Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
any chance of an Iso-map for the new world?
There's a chance. And it's here.

O8rlV.jpg

(spawpoint is at -7.5, 68, 256.5, f=0, biome Forest; North is the upper-left corner)
But it's just the terrain and doesn't reflect the size of the map in the server (which still has room for new chunks).

I also need to know the radius/limit of the world set in the server, so I can create an iso-map as large as the server's.

(EDIT: I just discovered the radius: 1,500 from spawnpoint)

About landmark labeling

Feel free to give the places proper names that best fits (E.g. Chicken Mountain, Chaos Ocean, Long River, Iceville etc...) and the coordinate (at least X and Z) so I can label them in the map.

Last edited:
Well, as for names, I can give a few to things we've named. The tower at the start is Exodus Belltower. Below it in the future we're going to have either Exodus Station or Gear Station (depending on whether the Pokemon reference wins out or not). The dock town at the Jungle lake is Serendipity. The north valley with Shadowhog's house and the waterfall is Splendid Valley. The town east of spawn I'm not so sure about. As long as it has "buck" in the name, we're good. :p
We ought to name the oceans too. I don't have any ideas, but I claim naming the ocean Iliad is in. That is, the southern one, not viewable on the map there.

er... but still I need the coords since I haven't visited all places in the world. Of course, some of them I have. :3

About the radius. It's 1,500 from the spawnpoint. I discovered it right now.

Well, as for names, I can give a few to things we've named. The tower at the start is Exodus Belltower. Below it in the future we're going to have either Exodus Station or Gear Station (depending on whether the Pokemon reference wins out or not). The dock town at the Jungle lake is Serendipity. The north valley with Shadowhog's house and the waterfall is Splendid Valley. The town east of spawn I'm not so sure about. As long as it has "buck" in the name, we're good. :p
We ought to name the oceans too. I don't have any ideas, but I claim naming the ocean Iliad is in. That is, the southern one, not viewable on the map there.
West of spawn, thank you. I already call it Buckhorn and that's what the sign says so let's leave it at that.

...The heck? I swear I specifically remember typing "east" and thinking "oh whoops it's west" and rewriting. Did I rewrite it again without thinking about it? 6.9

Buckhorn it is. Heh! Good luck getting everyone to call it that. I've seen Buckhorn, Bucksnort, Buckwheat, Bucktown, and Buckville. It's actually pretty funny!

I noticed the spawnpoint was cramped. So I cleaned it to free some room (the exact point is marked with 5 tree trunks):

93iUO.png

New isomap (65% done):

T8jCC.jpg

Besides, the Nether portals are quite messy.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain why the server is almost completely devoid of hostile mobs? I've gone two days (real life) and have only fought 1 Creeper, and saw only 1 Zombie die from the sun.

No hostile mobs? Really? I tend to find tons of them by my home and in caves as I explore. I never really encountered this problem before.

Something seems to be messed up in regards to where they spawn in relation to the player. I have a mob tagging device that I occasionally turn on. When I'm above ground, I see all sorts of things in caves, but when below ground nothing seems to spawn in them. Is it some setting of the server, or is it something having to do with Bukkit? It's certainly not SMP itself, because Blade had a server going that had plenty of mobs. Caving was actually dangerous.

When I played during the first 24 hours of the server going up, there were mobs everywhere. It kind of petered out over time, however... I can run around above ground at night willy-nilly now with little issue.

Yeah, I've also noticed the lack of mobs.

However, I'm glad we went to this new map. It's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back