Resource icon

[Open Assets] Metal Sonic Overclocked Form (v1.2)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
This is a form based on a Sonic Rom Hack called Metal Sonic Rebooted.

attachment.php

You become Overclocked Form by pressing spin with 200+ rings while jumping, but you can only become Overclocked without all chaos emeralds.

attachment.php

You will enter Boost Mode instantly making it faster, way difficult to control.

attachment.php

Your rings drain faster than super when you are in this form.

attachment.php

If you go in water with this form, you will turn into normal form.

attachment.php

If you run out of rings, you will die from overheating.

oc_requiredrings: Changes the required rings for Overclocked form Minimum 50 and Maximum 200 rings.
oc_drainspeed: Changes the speed of ring draining by 1 to 4, 4 being the fastest and 1 being the slowest.
Version 1: Release.
Version 1.1: Fixed how you could turn Overclocked with shields.
Version 1.2: Fixed some bugs and added 2 new commands.

Attachments

• srb20043.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 10,785
  • srb20039.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 13,706
  • srb20036.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 22,295
  • srb20041.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 12,185
  • srb20042.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 9,003
  • VL_Overclocked-v1-2.lua
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,833
Last edited:
This doesn't sound the most accessible, despite being a really neat concept, it's not the most usable. I think it makes more sense for it to be Custom 1 when having 70 rings or more, the ring drain already makes it not overpowered, and I can see why you wouldn't want to give this for free, 200 rings... who the hell is gonna get that many rings. At least 100 if you REALLY thing 70 is not enough. A good part of LUA is to be accessible, again, neat concept, but it'd make sense if it costed much less. You could even make it slightly cheaper than 70 if you want to.

This form isn't about to be most accessible, it's an alternative to super form but not a thing to replace it, because of this it will stay at 200+ rings to activate, it's literally super form without emeralds, so its suppose to be 200+ rings or else people would prefer this over super form.

Also added more information about the Overclocked form.

Again who's gonna look for 200 rings in a stage AND find use for this, like in a campaign playthrough, this is useless. I think it's a neat concept for a mode that forces all your rings down the drain for a powerup. You're making it out to be a hyper form, so why the heck did you say "you can't use this with all chaos emeralds", logically I don't understand. Like it doesn't need to be broken. You already said that the ring drain is super fast so it's not HMS levels of broken or whatever.

"Not meant to be accessible" is basically "It's meant to be poorly designed.". Hell you even used devmode 1 to get your rings in that gif, don't think I don't see that. I know it's just to get the picture. But again don't think you're hiding anything.

It costed 200 Rings in the original game, so nevermind I guess. I still think that locking a new ability behind a stupidly large ring count is not in any way going to change the gameplay. But that's just me. I did NOT see the dying when running out of rings part... jeez. I guess you can officially ignore this thing.

Last edited:
As i said this is based on a form that was in a Sonic Rom Hack called Metal Sonic Rebooted. I literally remade that form in Srb2, so if you are going to hate about this, go hate on the original idea and don't share your hate in here.

As i said this is based on a form that was in a Sonic Rom Hack called Metal Sonic Rebooted. I literally remade that form in Srb2, so if you are going to hate about this, go hate on the original idea and don't share your hate in here.

My bad, i wasn't trying to be hateful. I was just trying to share my thoughts on it. No hate from me, but I can see that I probably say things that make it seem that way sometimes. Apologies. Anyway in case it was the "geez I guess you can ignore this thing" was referring to MY post, not YOUR mod.

Criticism isn't hate, I haven't seen anyone spreading hate in this thread. You are making it sound like anyone who doesn't think your mod is perfect is a hater in this post, which is simply absurd.

In Metal Sonic Rebooted levels are longer, rings carry over from level to level, and there's access to more rings in a single act than there is in SRB2. As such the game is much better designed for such a thing than SRB2 is, hence why this doesn't seem very accessible in SRB2.

Not everything brought into SRB2 from outside sources needs to be a direct 1 to 1 port. Sometimes, it's better to rebalance things to fit into the game you are porting them into, and this very much seems to be one of those cases. You are incredibly unlikely to collect 200 rings on your own without all emeralds in SRB2, rendering this form unusable in it's current state.

After reading this thread, I guess a nice suggestion would be to make it so that rings carry over like in the source game. That would maintain "full" accuracy while also making it more utilitarian. I do like the concept, though, I must say!

After reading this thread, I guess a nice suggestion would be to make it so that rings carry over like in the source game. That would maintain "full" accuracy while also making it more utilitarian. I do like the concept, though, I must say!

That's true, but considering how SRB2's levels have so few rings, you would still go multiple acts without collecting 200 rings, and this problem would only grow worse if you have problems with getting hit.

A better compromise would probably be to lower it to 50 rings, same as turning super, and keep the restriction of dying when you run out of rings with the drain lowered to 1 per second. While this would be different than the source game the form is from, it would act perfectly within SRB2's level structure, and would also make for a really fun and interesting challenge as the penalty for running out of rings would be much worse than turning super.

Version 1.2, Some bug fixes and 2 new commands to change the required rings and rings draining speed for Overclocked Form, so people don't have to complain about the required rings or rings draining speed for Overclocked mode.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back