Master Emerald

[Open Assets] Master Emerald V2.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
RetroStation submitted a new resource:

Master Emerald - Ooh, shiny!

BEHOLD, TRUE POWER!

The Master Emerald is a custom item that grants players the Super state from HugeQuest, but without needing HugeQuest itself. This item also comes packaged w/ a custom fork of xItem that uses a different formula for calculating RNG.

This fork has a few additional commands alongside the ones already available in xItem's latest release...

Read more about this resource...

I'm VERY excited to use this since I loved the Super Form aspect of HugeQuest but I wasn't too big on HugeQuest's changes. However, I noticed it's broken and constantly spews out errors. I also know this mod isn't technically supported by the community, but due to my circumstances I'm forced to use it, but this also breaks PlayerBots - their AI just breaks and they come to a dead stop, so I can't actually test this mod out to give any feedback

Edit: In Battle Mode, the bots are active, but upon getting the Master Emerald, they don't know what to do, and just hold onto the item
kart0000.png

Last edited:
How do different versions of xitem interact? Can different versions conflict when loaded or are the functions additive?

RetroStation updated Master Emerald with a new update entry:

Update - V2.0

Lots of major changes under the hood since the last release

- Now uses latest xItem release.
- xItem compatibility extensions for various mods are included.
- Super Form now exclusive to this item; HugeQuest and other mods will be updated shortly to reflect this change.
- Item no longer Unique - several people can now roll Master Emerald at the same time.
- Cooldown removed.
- Duration decreased to 10 seconds total, including the 1-second transformation on initial use.
- Natural Top Speed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Incredible update! It's so flashy and fun, exactly how Super Forms should feel! Amazing work! It's an item I just won't be able to play without! It really does feel like an item that should be a part of the base game's item roster, it's just that good.

I know I've asked this question before in the past, but seeing as the creator was unbanned, I figured it's worth a shot in asking if PlayerBot support could be considered.

It's nice to have an overhall to this for more opportunities of customization! Just wished the allsuper command from the older version of hugequest was included to test out the super forms, though.

Has the probability changed any? I'd always felt like you almost never get the ME in item roulette (which I guess is the point, but still).

I always thought it was so satisfying being able to combo grow and invincibility to get super, always felt like the stars had aligned and all that, so I'm a bit disappointed in the change myself-- or at least, that it seems like you can't reverse it via console commands or just using the older version (but, I'm fully aware that it's personal preference and the original mechanics were probably less balanced so it's not something I'd dock points on a rating for).

Haven't had the time to play with this new version yet (new animations look super cool, BTW!), but is there any way to make it so it shows the currently playing song on the side when you transform? Like with the SPB Chase music mod.

I have a problem, I am making a character with the ability to go super via this mod and all of the regular sprites are replaced by the super sprites, and all of the super sprites are replaced by the missing sprite icon thing does anyone know how to fix that?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back