• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Magma Circuit Pack

Good idea?

• Good idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we could make a tails shortcut like they did on the sonic riders mod. Have springs that spring you up and then the knights items keep you going. Although any character could use them I think I might try to do it next time I edit this again.

I'm just remembering a place in the map already that has two parts in view of each other. We need more of those.

BlueZero4 said:
I'm just remembering a place in the map already that has two parts in view of each other. We need more of those.

Yays! My idea wins! I like those areas, too.
Oh, and what was with that last post? (Above)
We know what thok-fests are!
...If you don't, host a Circuit game on the Master Server. If you make it, they will come.

It's new from Cheese Mart, It's the best release yet, It's the new and improved Magma Circuit Zone! Now with a Light Magma Circuit Zone.

Both of these have no more bad upper textures, they finally have torches, and the Magma Circuit Zone has chains, and both of these zones are even in a level pack!

Here's the links.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/72mzqm
And for both light and normal the light one only works in the level pack.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3qpydq

The light one did'nt work on it's own so it's in the level pack.

Seems now like sonic has a castle too.

Cheese said:
It's new from Cheese Mart, It's the best release yet, It's the new and improved Magma Circuit Zone! Now with a Light Magma Circuit Zone.

Both of these have no more bad upper textures, they finally have torches, and the Magma Circuit Zone has chains, and both of these zones are even in a level pack!

Here's the links.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/72mzqm
And for both light and normal the light one only works in the level pack.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3qpydq

The light one did'nt work on it's own so it's in the level pack.

Seems now like sonic has a castle too.

Freaking lol.

srb20037.png

srb20038.png

OHNOEZ!!
Mmkay, got them both to work, but I can't change the level name in the second map. Can you, Cheese?

Lookin' good! Actually, it looks much better, but it's still an easy thok.

Oh yeah, CEZ...*runsforthehills*

Warg, just realized that the download link for the MCZ-only wad is actually Cheese's test wad. Wah. I'm gonna go change that now. And I'm glad you like my joke ^.^

Oh, can someone please make starpost activator sectors that cover the entire road. It got anoying hearing the little.....uh-oh sound.

BlueZero4 said:
Oh, can someone please make starpost activator sectors that cover the entire road. It got anoying hearing the little.....uh-oh sound.

Well, now that I think about it, you should stay on the track, so...what's wrong here? If you can explain what you mean, and if you don't mean "off to the sides that slow you down," I'll get right on it.

To me, the two versions just scream Bad Future and Good Future out of Sonic CD. I'd suggest making things just a tad more happy in Azure Circuit, though. Just to make it more Good Future-y.

Boinciel said:
To me, the two versions just scream Bad Future and Good Future out of Sonic CD. I'd suggest making things just a tad more happy in Azure Circuit, though. Just to make it more Good Future-y.
That's what I was thinking, too! To be honest, however, I could make Magma Circuit Zone much, much more Bad Future-y. Much. :twisted: Bwahaha! In fact, I'm working on that RIGHT NOW! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
And more happy? Do you mean...I don't know, more flowers or animals and things like that?

Magma the Fox said:
Boinciel said:
That's what I was thinking, too! To be honest, however, I could make Magma Circuit Zone much, much more Bad Future-y. Much. :twisted: Bwahaha! In fact, I'm working on that RIGHT NOW! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
And more happy? Do you mean...I don't know, more flowers or animals and things like that?

Maybe some lighter textures. The old GFZROCK has been done to death, and when you think about it, it doesn't really say much about the future. Maybe the textures could be those other GFZROCK textures... The ones used in Danger Forest Zone and such.

As for the Bad Future, make sure you put in lots of pipes. Put Eggmobiles behind invisible/glass walls to simulate holograms. Actually put in some enemies (YES IN RACE MODE!) and make sure to put in those corrupted flowers. Those metal smoke-puffing flowers are just cool in my opinion.

At the part with the holes in the ground and the spring in the water, if you jump off of the path and keep going, you will see a dead end with only a firebox. How useless. >_>

Magma the Fox said:
BlueZero4 said:

Well, now that I think about it, you should stay on the track, so...what's wrong here? If you can explain what you mean, and if you don't mean "off to the sides that slow you down," I'll get right on it.

Staying on the track isn't enough. Sometimes, you miss a Starpost and have to double back. Using a Starpost activator sector (think it was 993) makes a sector that activates your starpost. It makes laps easier, and it's used in the official levels.

Now I've given the Good Future version a proper playtest, I can lecture you more!

1. Why torches? Why have torches in natural caves? Torches hurt, you know.
2. Make the bridge-type things more natural. It looks like they HAD lava that broke through, but somehow vanished. It doesn't look like natural erosion.
3. If you'd let me, I could make things a little better in Doom Builder. I could mould the future TO MY VERY WILL... *shot*
4. Make that pathway worthwhile when you get off the bridge, instead of having one random monitor at the end.

Magma the Fox said:
Mmkay, got them both to work, but I can't change the level name in the second map. Can you, Cheese?

Yes I can change the level name. Oh yes and I'm working and making the starposts activate even when your off the path.

BlueZero4 said:
Magma the Fox said:
BlueZero4 said:

Staying on the track isn't enough. Sometimes, you miss a Starpost and have to double back. Using a Starpost activator sector (think it was 993) makes a sector that activates your starpost. It makes laps easier, and it's used in the official levels.

Yeah, we have those.... What, they don't work? Well, as far as I know, we have them....odd.

They don't work because they don't cover the whole road. If we had it cover the whole road then there would'nt be the part to the sides and it would'nt have any friction. I've tried all I can and I can't get them to work.

The ironic thing is that if you're off to the sides, it slows you down. That's kind of telling you to stay in the center. And there's no starpost where there's an alternate or large route. Therefore, if you stay inside - or even duck inside after picking up a monitor - you should be fine.
Oh, and a major renovation of ordering and creation is on its way. First post edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back