Kartmaker - Sprites to WAD in record time

[Open Assets] Kartmaker - Sprites to WAD in record time 2019-01-29

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Sprites totally white in game, have I mucked up some how?

i'm not sure what i've done, but Both my sprites and the example sprites show up totally white when I put them in the game with the .wad file kartmaker produces.

Am I doing something wrong?

Note: I didn't use the transparent versions. I'm guessing i've accidentally use a colour that isn't in the games palette.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

I got it figured out in the end, I think I'd just installed it in a rush and it was causing weird errors.
Can you help me too, please? I'm having this problem too.

So i made my first mod, and everything has went completely well except for one thing... my sound effects dont work. they're all ogg files, they're all loud enough and I have my sound effects on in game. i swear i did everything right and i followed a tutorial and did everything right and checked multiple times, but it still doesnt work. one of my friends managed to get their sound effects to work but still wasn't able to help me. does anyone have any idea what i could do?:devastation:
Post automatically merged:

So i made my first mod, and everything has went completely well except for one thing... my sound effects dont work. they're all ogg files, they're all loud enough and I have my sound effects on in game. i swear i did everything right and i followed a tutorial and did everything right and checked multiple times, but it still doesnt work. one of my friends managed to get their sound effects to work but still wasn't able to help me. does anyone have any idea what i could do?:devastation:
UPDATE: i found out the issue was this...
1622897191489.png
instead of putting the minimum amount of 4 letters, i only put 3 ("MIN") ..wow how did i not know that it had to be 4 letters minimum...

Attachments

• 1622849294808.png
    1622849294808.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
it keeps giving this and then nothing happens, idk what the problem is

Attachments

• errors.png
    errors.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 207
This is a simple utility that automatically creates a character WAD for SRB2Kart from a working folder. It handles separating a sprite sheet into multiple sprites, applying the appropriate wheel shine for each frame, rendering the vibration effect, converting graphics to the SRB2 palette, and placing the sprites into a WAD with appropriate names. It also handles generating an S_SKIN and importing voice files for the character.

This program can be used either by dragging the working folder onto kartmaker.exe, or running it in the command line with the folder path as an argument. Two example folders, one with a transparent background and one with colors defined as transparent, are included. Copy one of the example folders and edit the files within it for your character. (If you're pasting in sprites from another working sheet, make the shines on the wheels transparent so that the proper shine effect for each frame can be applied!)

If you need a different sheet layout, you can edit the layout information in properties.txt for your working folder. If you need to convert graphics to a different palette, you can replace PLAYPAL.lmp in the kartmaker folder with any palette lump of your choosing.

Source code is included in the download and licensed under the GPL. You should only need gcc to compile it. I've tested this on Windows, but not on other OSes.

The sample sprite sheets were edited from a sheet reference made by VAdaPEGA and contain sample images of his Flicky character.

NOTE: Due to the nature of its purpose, please refrain from using this program for monetary gain.
so i donloaded 1 of the zip files do i need to download both cause i dont see the kart maker applacation edit i found it

This is a simple utility that automatically creates a character WAD for SRB2Kart from a working folder. It handles separating a sprite sheet into multiple sprites, applying the appropriate wheel shine for each frame, rendering the vibration effect, converting graphics to the SRB2 palette, and placing the sprites into a WAD with appropriate names. It also handles generating an S_SKIN and importing voice files for the character.

This program can be used either by dragging the working folder onto kartmaker.exe, or running it in the command line with the folder path as an argument. Two example folders, one with a transparent background and one with colors defined as transparent, are included. Copy one of the example folders and edit the files within it for your character. (If you're pasting in sprites from another working sheet, make the shines on the wheels transparent so that the proper shine effect for each frame can be applied!)

If you need a different sheet layout, you can edit the layout information in properties.txt for your working folder. If you need to convert graphics to a different palette, you can replace PLAYPAL.lmp in the kartmaker folder with any palette lump of your choosing.

Source code is included in the download and licensed under the GPL. You should only need gcc to compile it. I've tested this on Windows, but not on other OSes.

The sample sprite sheets were edited from a sheet reference made by VAdaPEGA and contain sample images of his Flicky character.

NOTE: Due to the nature of its purpose, please refrain from using this program for monetary gain.
People are saying this doesn't work with asymmetrical characters or something. What happens if you try to make an asymmetrical character? Does it make it symmetrical automatically, or do the files just not work?

This worked perfectly for me in Linux by using wine in the terminal like this:
wine kartmaker.exe FOLDER_NAME

depending on the character you make, the mirroring part is the negative thing to be honest :/
Post automatically merged:

Nevermind, turns out you can just flip the images in properties.txt, I guess that'll work, my bad, i was too blind lol

Last edited:
"MOD NOTE: This mod does not add the version number suffix for you! All mods require one, so make sure to add that to your mod's filename. A simple "_v1" will do!" no, instead,
A simple KC_name_v1.0.0 will do

:shitsfree:

should i worry about the karts for "wheel refs" on bottom if i want to build an entirely new kart from scratch, do they serve any purpose other than reference

How do I make a custom signpost?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back