Kamek

Kamek v3.2

I did not know how much I needed the teleport spell until I had it
It's a little annoying how if you're too close to a wall all your momentum can be blocked, even though the teleport is supposed to be what's giving you the momentum in the first place (from what I can tell) but otherwise I love it
You can beat Egg Rock Zone act 2 in 13 seconds it's so good
And in Castle Eggman act 2 the place opens up SO much, it's amazing how often I see "door" or "door-like bit", teleport through, and live.
Also being able to totally ignore the Metal Sonic fight and just steal the emeralds from Eggman's "Haha look at what you missed" room is great. My first run with Kamek ended with me grabbing my last emerald that way.
Even without teleporting, Kamek is one of the most versatile characters to move through stages with. Wanna squeeze through bars or tiny cracks in the walls? Mini. Enemies overwhelming you?? Mega. Platforming? Just use the Broom. Minecart? Skip with a teleport. Too DARK? WEATHER SPELL!
I will say this, though: the weather mode is weird to use. Holding spin, then using mouseprev or mousenext to change the sky? It's a good thing I binded those to my keyboard keys for stuff like this, but it's still odd. I mean, you could make it so Custom 1/2 stops shrinking/growing you and instead those change the sky.
Also, needing to hold spin while you use fire and firenormal to change the light level is peculiar to me. Why not just replace the attacks outright? If you need the attacking spells, or even the size-shifting spells, wouldn't it make more sense to... leave weather mode? I mean, if you're going to have an entire magic SPELL MODE dedicated to weather, you might as well put that front and center, you know?
Speaking of spell modes, the other two just change one attack, and quite frankly when I can already shoot magic shapes with fire, and fireballs with firenormal, the projectile from Spell mode doesn't really impress me. Even more so when it mostly acts like Fang's popgun, with all the same restrictions as that. Like not being able to fire in the air. The two "modes" change so little I'm surprised the "spell" projectile isn't just restricted to Mini Kamek.
And, yeah, I find Melee mode's attack so much more satisfying. It doesn't have the largest range, but an AOE attack is an AOE attack, and it does its job handily. Combine it with the Giant spell, and that's up to 3 free hits on the Castle Eggman boss, no waiting required! Would be neat if I could hit those Arid Canyon enemies that burrow underground with it.

Overall? I get the impression Kamek came overprepared and I love it. The moveset almost seems to be centered around "cutting the knot", so to speak, and it makes playthroughs with the wizard so entertaining.

I've been having errors with Kamek. I can't shoot fire or ice balls and his teleport just gives me an error.
srb20000.png
srb20003.png

That's weird... I think it's conflicting with another mod
I do have other mods active. I'll try to see if disabling them works.
Post automatically merged:

I disabled all the mods except Kamek, but it still broke.
srb20004.png

Last edited:
for the allies can you set up an ally as a cpu or is it a multiplayer thing? if its the former could I get some directions on how to setup an ally?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back