Kamek

Kamek v3.2

Youngod

Youngod submitted a new resource:

Kamek - Kamek came to sweep the air!

Old Kamek is here!

View attachment 64147

Kamek is getting old and he messed up a spell, ending up in a unknown realm for him
Nothing magic can't solve!

He can't go anywhere without his broom!

View attachment 64149

(Literally)

View attachment 64157

How to fly correctly by Kamek:

Hold Jump to fly, spin to descend
Everytime you tap Jump Kamek does a thok, unless you press any custom button

Kamek knows a lot of magic!
Shoot a...​

Read more about this resource...

I think Kamek is great, especially for servers running match with OP characters and friendlyfire, but I can't think of any ways to gain momentum with him; he'd be alot better if he could stay on his broom after hitting a spring, allowing him to gain lots of vertical height and/or horizontal momentum. I've tested this more than a bit in GFZ1, and a bit in BCZ1, and he always gets dismounted from his broom after hitting a horizontal spring, and mounting his broom after hitting the spring just takes too long and results in him hitting the ground before he gets on the broom.
Also, it appears that super sneakers only boost your walking speed; it'd be great if they made your broom faster too.

And then if you do get horizontal momentum(not that I have), I'm assuming that the broom thok will take it away from you; I don't like having to hold a custom button to not broom thok. Perhaps you'd bind the broom thok to custom 1 instead, letting the rolling rock spawner be custom 3, so that it's easier to ascend on the broom?

Yeah though, with those changes to this mod, I'd likely give this 5 stars.

I have a question, are there any more characters from the Mario universe planned? Or is it still secret?😁

STNDA1.png
@Youngod , I decided to resprite A1, add SRB2 shading, index it for multiplayer. (Kamek can change colors in MP!) And just overall "fixed" it, I can resprite Kamek for ya, but I'm a bit busy right now, but whenever I'm free. Start a conv with me. Great job on getting Kamek on the releases section!

Youngod updated Kamek with a new update entry:

Fly Remade + buffs + new sprites

Now Kamek can fly fast without using the thok, you can still use it with a custom button
(It shares weapondelay with the spells)
Now you can jump off the broom when Kamek is tired of flying, pressing jump+spin

Buffed vertical fly speed
Slightly increased fly time (8 to 12s, 20 when super)
(Thanks to Clone Fighter and amperbee for the help on discord)

Replaced Sonic fireworks, 1Up and continue sprite (again)

Read the rest of this update entry...

New Magic, fly changes, bugfixes, new sprites, new sounds, more weather options, minor changes

Now Kamek can gigantize or minimize himself and the ball scales with him when spawned
Fly control is better now, nerfed thok, slightly buffed fly speed and acceleration

Kamek no longer spawns a ball spawnpoint and can use the spell multiple times now
Falling while shooting no longer makes Kamek do the melee attack

More weather options, no need to be in super now, controls changed

New sounds, new sprites and visual changes

Nerfed melee spell

Probably something else I forgot

I think it'd be better if rather than needing to hold weapon next/weapon prev to shoot like fang, you simply press either button once to toggle it on and off. It also feels awkward to have the spell shot be on tossflag, why not make it fire normal?

I think it'd be better if rather than needing to hold weapon next/weapon prev to shoot like fang, you simply press either button once to toggle it on and off. It also feels awkward to have the spell shot be on tossflag, why not make it fire normal?
Another big update coming soon! I think I got you ;)

Have you seen this?

I watched it now, a 9 is so cool! Next update is gonna surprise! (Maybe tomorrow)
Thanks for sharing this

Last edited:

Bigger Update

Resume of the update:

Fireball/Weather

Now Kamek fireball is the same as the Mario mod, thanks to SMSAlfredo and DirkTheHusky for giving me permission to use it (I thought this was the vanilla one)
If it's snowing Kamek will shoot iceballs instead, other weathers/skies changes the fireball color

Teleport

When not on the broom, now Kamek has a jumpthok that works like a teleport
It can pass through walls and Kamek can't be touched while invisible
You can also use this...

Fixes, improvements and new super

New super form (Spin+Fire/Fire Normal in the air)
Weather mode remade (enter with Tossflag)
Kamek now can do teleport combos with shields

Fixed teleport bugs/cheese and increased cooldown 1sec
Fixed mini-Kamek moonjump bug
Fixed re-broom fly time bug
Fixed Kamek not moving on slides
Rollball spawn is decent now
Buffed mini Kamek fly handling
Slightly increased magic shapes speed

Spell explosion effect improved
Recolored 1up, life icon and sign sprites
Ride sprites replaced, I forgot...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back