Kaldrum's 3D Models

Kaldrum's 3D Models v4.0 - it's-a-him!

kaldrum updated Kaldrum's 3D Models with a new update entry:

Work That Sucker to Death, C'mon

Kept you waiting, huh

Sorry for the incredibly long wait for this update, though hopefully the contents make up for it!

finally...

FANG!!!

EGGMAN!!!

eggrobo!

Not only that, but all of these characters have bosses and playables!

With that, EVERY BOSS FIGHT besides the final has been fully modeled in this pack, and the full vanilla cast is playable!

Eggpack and Eggrobo are also fully playable!
playable is a strong word for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It does it with or without separate models.
what's the problem? The lines for player and boss fang should be

PLAYERFANG KLDR/FANG.md3 2.7 0.0
FANG KLDR/BOSS/NACK.md3 2.7 0.0

are the animations completely incorrect? Do they just look bugged sometimes?

Only thing I can think of without more specifics is either the models.dat is wrong or like interpolation settings are making the animations look strange.

what's the problem? The lines for player and boss fang should be

PLAYERFANG KLDR/FANG.md3 2.7 0.0
FANG KLDR/BOSS/NACK.md3 2.7 0.0

are the animations completely incorrect? Do they just look bugged sometimes?

Only thing I can think of without more specifics is either the models.dat is wrong or like interpolation settings are making the animations look strange.
So, player model fang still works (It was never broken), but the boss fang model just doesn't show up.

So, player model fang still works (It was never broken), but the boss fang model just doesn't show up.
assuming you mean fang is still a sprite when you do the fight that usually means that the models.dat can't read the line you entered or the line you provided doesn't match up to the filepath of the model

maybe just double check that there's no extra characters or typos around the line and that the NACK.md3 model is still located in it's original location (models/KLDR/BOSS)
if you moved it for whatever reason you just need to make sure the line you enter accounts for that

assuming you mean fang is still a sprite when you do the fight that usually means that the models.dat can't read the line you entered or the line you provided doesn't match up to the filepath of the model

maybe just double check that there's no extra characters or typos around the line and that the NACK.md3 model is still located in it's original location (models/KLDR/BOSS)
if you moved it for whatever reason you just need to make sure the line you enter accounts for that
Do I put the Nack boss model with the bosses, or with the player characters.

Do I put the Nack boss model with the bosses, or with the player characters.
Ideally you should just leave it in the folder structure the model pack came with (don't move it at all) bc the install instructions text file are written around that. If you did move it outside of there, however, probably put it in the boss folder.
The line would then look like BOSS/NACK.md3 2.7 0.0

if you mean within the models.dat and I completely misinterpreted this the lines can go anywhere in any order I personally put it with the bosses though

I think it would be better if there was a ready to go model data thing, as when I try to put the model data in, it just makes the game look like models aren't enabled.

I think it would be better if there was a ready to go model data thing, as when I try to put the model data in, it just makes the game look like models aren't enabled.
I've considered this but with the way this pack is set up, being relatively customizable and lacking tons of objects, it really doesn't make any sense for me to do so. If you installed only the models in this pack, the majority of things in the game would be left as sprites. I figure most people don't really want that, and would have to combine models anyway. It seems better to explain what everything included is so when they inevitably do have to edit their models.dat they know what they're doing.

All of the lines in the install should be able to be copied without issue as long as you place the KLDR and KDBONUS folders in the base models folder (next to stuff like PLAY, ENMY etc.) If you don't do this the lines will not work at all.

Also, thing about the models.dat but if the KLDR folder is within another folder besides the initial models one the subfolders will not work which might be why the boss isnt working. The models.dat doesn't read past two folders for some reason so like if your line looked like for example FOLDER/KLDR/BOSS/NACK.md3 ... The line won't be read.

Also that models.dat file should not be used it's instructions for mobile users

Back