• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SonicHeroX45's Development Thread

The Finale Chapter of Holiday Heroes is officially 60% Complete! Currently Complete: Satellite Command, Satellite Escape, and The Final Act. Work in Progress: Neo Lift. Conceptual Stage: Neo Ring Satellite Act 1 and Neo Ring Satellite Act 2. Sneak Peak on my YouTube channel tonight?

I particularly hate stairs that look like slopes.
Can you change them into real slopes?

Oh no, I meant in UDMF. That should actually be pretty easy... Anyways, I am going to merge Neo Satellite Act 1 and 2 into one large level, to save room in the MAP slots. I am fully aware SRB2 allows for more than 32 Map Slots, I'll just stick to 32 for the MAIN Story. 30 Levels, The Hub, and something else... I'm probably going to separate Holiday NiGHTS to their own WAD, or share their map slots with the Multiplayer Stages I hope to add in v2.0. (That's gonna equate to roughly 26-28 Multiplayer maps, yikes!)
Post automatically merged:

Check out the community tab on my channel page! https://youtube.com/@sonicherox45

The Soundtrack for the Halloween Chapter has been fully uploaded to my YouTube Channel! Take a listen! https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE63C7H83qPi47DqVcxo9oK6Egp8vICbX

I need some input! Vote on the most recent community post. https://www.youtube.com/@sonicherox45/community

You know what? I'll count votes here too. I'm uploading the Soundtrack for Holiday Heroes, and not very happy with the current background of the music "videos". Vote what you prefer. The Interscreens (Example on left) or the Level Select Icons? (Example on right) Levels that are still being worked on will use the placeholder I have been using.

Level Select Icons it is then!

All Halloween Chapter Tracks have been updated! https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE63C7H83qPi47DqVcxo9oK6Egp8vICbX

Attachments

• COAST.png
    COAST.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 63
  • MAP15P.png
    MAP15P.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
The First Half of the Christmas Chapter is now uploaded! I used the Interscreens for the Digital tracks, and the Level Select icons for the Midi tracks. Hope this differentiates them from one another. Cutscene tracks still use the same image for both. The second half should be up later tonight, maybe Holiday NiGHTS too! https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE63C7H83qPi47DqVcxo9oK6Egp8vICbX

The Soundtrack for Holiday Heroes v1.0 has now been fully uploaded! Enjoy these tunes from the upcoming release! https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE63C7H83qPi47DqVcxo9oK6Egp8vICbX

Last edited:
Well, v1.0 is officially 80% done! All that's missing is the rest of the Halloween Chapter and The Finale! Man, this might actually be done BEFORE 2.2.11 comes out. Since it seems to be headed in that direction, I might put in some extra goodies that I was going to hold off until v2.0, like the Multiplayer maps! Speaking of which... Dream Battles! A brand new Multiplayer Mode! Face off against other players in NiGHTS styled arenas and gameplay! I came across an abandoned WAD that added NiGHTS Match Maps to the Ringslinger lineup. I feel like NiGHTS in general is underappreciated in Sonic Robo Blast 2, so I'm planning on expanding the abandoned WAD and (try to) make it its own game mode! If you want to check out said abandoned WAD, I'll put a link to it soon!

v1.0 is in the homestretch of production! Only 2.5 Levels left in the Main Campaign! I'm going to take a break when v1.0 comes out, so in the meantime, here's some things to look forward to in v2.0: 1. Circuit Tracks themed after Halloween, Christmas, and The Finale. These will be split into 3 Cups, 3 Tracks each: Halloween Cup, Christmas Cup, and Final Cup, and 2. Sets of 6-9 Maps for Match and CTF respectively (That can also be played in Team Match, Tag, and Hide and Seek as well!)

Last edited:
It's been a while, hasn't it? I have something to say. Version 1.0 of Holiday Heroes is officially complete! Unfortunately, most of the maps use UDMF, and that won't be officially supported until 2.2.11 comes out. I won't upload the FINISHED build here to comply with the Submission rules. I might put a mostly complete build here later, leaving out some things I don't want to reveal until the proper release through Submissions. You WILL need to set up the 2.2.11 Pre-Release to play this "Final Beta" (If I choose to upload it here). I also will try to implement some quality of life stuff that will just make the experience overall better until 2.2.11 comes out. Stay tuned!

Kinda SPOLIERS: I composed an original track for Close the Curtain (True Final Boss) I think it came out well! The first song I actually tried to compose too!

The entire Holiday Heroes (v1.0) Soundtrack is also on YouTube, check it out! Minor spoiler warning there too. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE63C7H83qPi47DqVcxo9oK6Egp8vICbX In the case where they do exist, both MIDI and Digital versions have been uploaded too! The Audio-to-Video converter may have compressed them to where they sound near identical, but that doesn't matter! Just play "spot the difference" for those! :)

I don't know how to feel about this, but I decided to redraw the promotional art in good ol' MS Paint. I think it certainly looks old and uncanny, probably something from the 90s. Definitely intentional, and not just me sucking at drawing digitally. 🙂

Attachments

• PROMOTION.png
    PROMOTION.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 62
  • PROMO.png
    PROMO.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Alright! The last of the cleanup for Holiday Heroes v1.0 is complete. Some things to note so it's not a surprise:
1. While music lumps tend to not take up more than 1 to 2 MB, they stack up really quickly and slow down the mod. Due to this, only one version of each track is in-game. In most cases, the MIDI tracks no longer exist, unless they are the only version of the track usable. (This will be most apparent in the Christmas Chapter, where every song had a MIDI version.)
2. The special Interscreens are gone. They never really rendered properly, and looked really crappy to me. If anyone has a better solution, please let me know.
3. Just about every cutscene has been rewritten. This resolves most if not all story inconsistencies, and results in the story being able to be much more detailed AND comprehensible!
That's about all I feel I need to say. The presentation looks a lot cleaner overall, and the changes from 2.2.11 will make the mod run much smoother and allow for future updates and edits to be really simple. The "Final Beta" should be completed relatively soon, maybe even tonight! I just need to playtest it and make sure it's all set. I will also be updating the Soundtrack on YouTube, as there have been quite a few changes. See ya later!
Oh yeah, and for all you music lovers, the old soundtrack won't be deleted. I plan to archive it later!

It is time. THE FINAL BETA for v1.0 of Holiday Heroes. This WILL be the last release before v1.0 officially comes out when SRB2 v2.2.11 drops. If a hotfix needs to be released, I will cry. Changelog: 1.) The Holiday Hub has been renovated once more, the warps are still in tact, they just look nicer. 2.) The Story has been rewritten! This new story is much more detailed, and comprehensible! 3.) Halloween has gotten 2 New Levels, and a Pre-existing one has been revamped and split in two. 4.) "The Finale" is now fully complete! 6 New Story stages wrap up an overarching story for a proper conclusion! 5.) Tons of quality of life improvements, bug fixes, and other tweaks, ranging from presentation to gameplay!
You will need to set up the 2.2.11 Pre-Release to run this, talk to people in #prerelease-testing in the SRB2 Discord for help. After you've set it up, knock yourself out! I'm going to bed. See ya later!

I'm crying rn. OF COURSE I forget SOMETHING. Every SRB2 Add-on with the word "Final" is doomed to repeat the Final Demo Situation. The fix will be out later today. This is what will be fixed:
- You won't get stuck anymore in the pits in "Dance with Death".
- You can no longer cheese "soulless" Metal Sonic's 2nd Phase.
- Fixed some unintentional texture errors.
- YOU CAN ACTUALLY ACCESS "THE FINALE" AND OTHER BONUS CONTENT FROM THE HOLIDAY HUB!
- Added Level Select Icons.
You know what? I'm just going to refer to this as the Public Beta. The word "Final" is cursed. If anything ELSE comes up (which should be nothing else!) , let me know.

Last edited:
Hey, Holiday Heroes v1.0 (Public Beta) is now fixed! All the changes are as mentioned above. The only thing I wish I was able to do better were the Level Select Icons. It might be something up with the resolution I was using when I was taking them. It might have messed up the resizing. Other than that, I'd say everything finally fixed and hopefully ready to release when 2.2.11 drops! Have fun! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ENP2IFdOauW4pmWoJvKnhsz67BMqZdV-/view?usp=share_link

Updated Public Beta with better Level Select Icons! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ENP2IFdOauW4pmWoJvKnhsz67BMqZdV-/view?usp=share_link
You still need the 2.2.11 Pre-Release to run this, which is why I can't put Holiday Heroes v1.0 into Submissions yet.

Last edited:
Just gonna casually drop a bombshell here. Holiday Heroes is currently at 29 Maps! My original plan for the "full" Campaign was 36! That means that there are 7 Maps left in the "complete" Campaign! I'll also say something else. A while back I said that Holiday NiGHTS was a Non-Canon chapter, so you didn't need to beat it to access "The Finale". That was only partially true. While it is not necessary for the conclusion of the "Main Story", I plan on making it a requirement for something else later... >:)

Just gonna casually drop a bombshell here. Holiday Heroes That means that there are 7 Maps left in the "complete" Campaign!
This guy has revealed that there are 7 unused levels,and thats a thing no one has done it before as far as i know.

LET THAT SINK IN

Btw,this sounds like there is gonna be Holiday Heroes: The Lost Levels.

Nah, I ain't about to make a sequel. If I add anything content wise, it's going to be in the main wad. Those 7 Levels are still coming. Not sure if they'll be done by 2.2.11's release though. Unless I delay v1.0 until those last few levels are done. Most of it is supposed to be bonus content anyway. I already started work on two of them, you might be able to access them by console commands in the next release. The level "code", or headers for all seven levels might be able to be found in the next release as well. I might have to get it out soon however, as it has come to my attention that several levels have rendering issues in Software mode. I have only been using OpenGL during testing, so I have not run into them.
The "complete" campaign will be the Hub, 6 Halloween, 12 Christmas, 6 Finale, 6 NiGHTS, 4 Secret Levels, and ONE MORE. I will not reveal any further details about that "one more". That will all culminate to be a 36-Map Adventure! That's all that is planned for the v1.0 release, any levels missing will be added as special "content patches", like what I was already planning to do with the NiGHTS stages. v2.0 and their respective "content patches" are supposed to be focused entirely focused on Multiplayer, including a way for you to experience most of the Multiplayer, even when you don't have anybody to play with! This is alluded to in the Credits, if you look closely. Perhaps I went on a bit of a rant there. Oh well, have fun with the info drop!

Nah, I ain't about to make a sequel.
I didnt wanted you to release the sequel.I specifically said that it SOUNDED like it,not if i want it to happen.

Heck,i was here on Day 1 ever since you posted the first 3 builds of the mod and i only care of how is the mod gonna look when its officialy released on MB.

Man, thanks for the support! My mod has certainly grown a lot further than just porting the original tech demos. From 15 Maps on the first demo to a FAT 36 Maps that will be in the "completed" campaign! Now, I say "completed" because I intend to keep supporting this for a while. In terms of "support", that could mean just about anything, even some extra episodes! Like one based off of Sonic's Birthday, or even Easter! Of course, that was just shower thoughts and never anything else... Right? Nah, if those happen at ALL, it will be in v3.0. This assumes the mod ever gets THAT much attention of course. Actually, legacy content has been increasing in popularity. While The Past may feature the original tech demos, I don't think anyone except for Glaber himself has tried to preserve or expand on Sonic Robo Blast 2's history like this.

Last edited:
I Iove Sonic R's music. Remember Radiant Emerald? Yeah, it's coming in v2.0! Expect Radiant Emerald to be the "Rainbow Road" equivalent to the Holiday Heroes Circuit Tracks! Darn it, why can I upload the music lump? Good thing there's a loophole for everything!

I don't think there will be anymore leaks for Holiday Heroes v1.0, as that's pretty much done!

New Public Beta for Holiday Heroes v1.0! YOU STILL NEED THE 2.2.11 PRERELEASE. Most notable changes are the fixing of several Software renderer errors and TWO NEW CHRISTMAS STAGES! Tinsel Town - A short but sweet Emerald Hunt in a festive small town, and Christmas Core - A boss fight around the central core of the Christmas Factory! Edit: WHOOPS! I forgot to rename the Level Select Pictures so they show up where they are supposed to. Fixed now! Redownload the new version if you haven't already! Edit 2: NOT AGAIN! Fixed an issue where beating Sparkling Summit would take you to Techno Legacy, weird. It now takes you to Subzero Scuffle as intended. Here we go! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ENP2IFdOauW4pmWoJvKnhsz67BMqZdV-/view?usp=sharing

I was planning on cleaning up Sparkling Summit eventually, so this can't be a coincidence. Actually, I was working on it shortly after I uploaded the last build because I didn't like how much of a mess it was. It has been cleaned up, and I have fixed some rather appropriate NiGHTS issues. Build is below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ENP2IFdOauW4pmWoJvKnhsz67BMqZdV-/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Hey, I think some exits warp to the wrong maps. For example, the first secret exit in xmas, the secret exit in Halloween, and *cough* *cough* some regular exits in the finale. nice to see this get completed (soon) though.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back