• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Green Hill Remake & Marble Zone Remake

This is really cool! this reminds me of neo palmtree, also IS THAT LITTLE PLANET
(i can't wait for this to be done)

before

srb20018.png

after

srb20007.png
When creating the map, I was overcome by nostalgia for the classic dream book, so I decided to make a skybox from scratch, approaching the original with an improved drawing. I also decided to replace the water and, if possible, the clouds in the background.
Post automatically merged:

I also planned to make a swinging bridge out of round logs. But he was slowly rocking, and the idea had to be abandoned. If the map is well optimized, then I will make bridges from rounded logs

Attachments

• srb20006.png
    srb20006.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
  • srb20007.png
    srb20007.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I plan to keep the first version of the skybox with a blue sky, as it is more classic. What do you think is the best skybox?
srb20000.png
srb20023.png

I also plan to add glimpses for water as in the original, diversify the skybox (add more fountains, improve the quality, make the clouds animated and, if possible, add a reflection with animated waterfalls

Last edited:
hmm i'd say this one. the darker blue sky contrasts better with the level than the normal lighter blue in my opinion.
I agree

This is not the final version, I will still redo the coastal water
srb20005.png

Last edited:
I finally finished the water, pay attention to the screenshot, I made the skybox water in such a way that it merges with the water in the game area. In addition, the water flickers and moves (I'm too lazy to upload a video), I added trees (I don't know if I need to use them)
srb20000.png

It took a couple of days to create the water

Last edited:
I finally finished the water, pay attention to the screenshot, I made the skybox water in such a way that it merges with the water in the game area. In addition, the water flickers and moves (I'm too lazy to upload a video), I added trees (I don't know if I need to use them)
View attachment 71593

It took a couple of days to create the water
what if you used this script in your level

for the loops and corkscrews

what if you used this script in your level

for the loops and corkscrews
Great idea, thanks for the tip, I didn't even know that such a thing could be done. When I finish the skybox, I'll immediately see what this thing is.

Transformed classic map with shimmering and shimmering water. The skybox is getting ready for completion, then I will continue to make bright waterfalls on the map itself.
000.png
srb20012.png

Last edited:
I tried to check how this script works, but I couldn't run the test card. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

the pk3 test file loads everything by itself
Figured it out! The only thing is to adapt this script to my map.

Need advice who knows how to make flat platforms that move horizontally. I found instructions for creating them, but they are too thick, and it is impossible to make them smaller.

Figured it out! The only thing is to adapt this script to my map.

Need advice who knows how to make flat platforms that move horizontally. I found instructions for creating them, but they are too thick, and it is impossible to make them smaller.
You have to make a custom texture that is thinner.

Спасибо!

Вы должны создать пользовательскую текстуру, которая будет тоньше.
Я столкнулся с новой проблемой, я решил поднять платформу выше и заметил, что ее пол и потолок стали прозрачными, вы случайно не знаете, как это исправить?
Конечно, вы можете поднять саму карту и исправить эту ошибку, но что, если я захочу поставить платформу выше.
srb20008.png

srb20001.png

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back