• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Felicia the psychic Catgirl

Sorry for the long wait, things had to slow down since school restarted.
With that out of the way, time to introduce the cheapest PSI: PK Freeze.
PK Freeze costs a mere 10PP, which makes it easy to obtain and use.
Since it's cheap, it's also simple: hold C1 to start aiming (arrow will point at the targeted enemy), and release C1 to fire at the target.
(When firing you'll also be pushed back slightly)
srb20258.gif

But PK Freeze does have an extra trick up it's sleeve...
As the name suggests, PK Freeze has a 25% chance to freeze the opponent when hit, which lets you land an extra hit on them!
srb20296.gif

(A hit target can only be frozen if they have more than 1 HP, since otherwise they'd just die regardless)
The more time passes the more the chance for the frozen target to break out, so be quick!
srb20303.gif

Now, about sprites...
PK Freeze sprites were made by me, trying to replicate the original from Mother 3 as closely as possible.
As for the character sprites themselves...I'm learning to sprite to draw those myself, too.
The front sprite is almost complete, I'll show it once it's ready!

Most of the code is already done and working...meanwhile I finished the first sprite...this is gonna take a while
But at least I'm glad with how it turned out considering my lack of experience in spriting, here it is!
srb20045.png

Added little dots in the HUD that tell you how many dashes you have left, they look cool..I think (bottom left)
srb20343.gif

Added little dots in the HUD that tell you how many dashes you have left, they look cool..I think (bottom left)
srb20343.gif
Very nice!
Post automatically merged:

Does it increase with the ultimate?

Also, you may want to let everyone in on the updated controls.

Last edited:
Haven't showed that publicly yet, so I can't reply...yet.

The controls are technically the same, the psionics are just casted when the buttons are released rather than pressed.
Yeah, that's what I meant, and sorry for spilling the dip on the moves, shoulda kept my mouth shut.

Haven't showed updates for a while...I have been busy with other stuff, but I definitively don't plan to just abandon this mod...so, time to show the strongest ability Felicia has, the Ultimate Psionic.

Triggering the Ultimate Psionic requires a full 100PP but it will allow you bypass the emeralds requirement and turn you super right away! (as long as you have at least 1 ring)
1697402147-srb20364.gif

When using the Ultimate Psionic to turn Super (which, by the way, lets you dash 3 times instead of 2), both your PP and rings will start to be drained, when either of them runs out, the fun is over.
1697402365-srb20365.gif

But what if you already have all 7 emeralds?
Oh...that's where the real fun awaits.

1697402606-srb20367.gif

That's right, you turn Hyper.
When hyper, you can dash 5 times, and instead of slowing down until it stops, each dash goes on forever, faster and faster!
1697402805-srb20369.gif

But that's not all, the other psionics will be able to be casted for free!
(You still need to have the PP they require to be casted, the cost just won't be actually deducted from your PP)
1697403089-srb20373.gif

Oh, and when hyper you can't run out of air, as usual.

On a more technical note, the way the psionic bypasses the emerald check is by...secretly setting the emeralds to all 7 and just hiding it in the HUD.
Other mods should also get the real amount of emeralds instead of the constant 7, to avoid breaking them. (The Felicia mod might need to be loaded first for it to work properly though)

This is all for this update, I've been working on other parts of the mod, but none are complete enough to be shown, and real life slowing me down doesn't help either.

Haven't showed updates for a while...I have been busy with other stuff, but I definitively don't plan to just abandon this mod...so, time to show the strongest ability Felicia has, the Ultimate Psionic.

Triggering the Ultimate Psionic requires a full 100PP but it will allow you bypass the emeralds requirement and turn you super right away! (as long as you have at least 1 ring)
1697402147-srb20364.gif

When using the Ultimate Psionic to turn Super (which, by the way, lets you dash 3 times instead of 2), both your PP and rings will start to be drained, when either of them runs out, the fun is over.
1697402365-srb20365.gif

But what if you already have all 7 emeralds?
Oh...that's where the real fun awaits.

1697402606-srb20367.gif

That's right, you turn Hyper.
When hyper, you can dash 5 times, and instead of slowing down until it stops, each dash goes on forever, faster and faster!
1697402805-srb20369.gif

But that's not all, the other psionics will be able to be casted for free!
(You still need to have the PP they require to be casted, the cost just won't be actually deducted from your PP)
1697403089-srb20373.gif

Oh, and when hyper you can't run out of air, as usual.

On a more technical note, the way the psionic bypasses the emerald check is by...secretly setting the emeralds to all 7 and just hiding it in the HUD.
Other mods should also get the real amount of emeralds instead of the constant 7, to avoid breaking them. (The Felicia mod might need to be loaded first for it to work properly though)

This is all for this update, I've been working on other parts of the mod, but none are complete enough to be shown, and real life slowing me down doesn't help either.
That looks great!

i wonder if pk starstorm is gonna be added to the char aswell
I won't be adding PK Starstorm, I chose to use another Psionic instead of it, and having both would be kinda..redundant
If you're wondering which one, I haven't properly introduced it yet, but you can see it in one of the first gifs

I won't be adding PK Starstorm, I chose to use another Psionic instead of it, and having both would be kinda..redundant
If you're wondering which one, I haven't properly introduced it yet, but you can see it in one of the first gifs
Alright.

Arid canyon theme be bass tho

Arid canyon theme be bass tho

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back