• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Extra Life Resprite

Its been an entire month since last post...holy god.
We've gotten fern/jayflamestar (creator of Better Lives and Terra the Pangolin) on our team as a spriter now, so progress should slowly start picking back up. Sorry to keep you waiting for so long!

Last edited:
We've gotten jayflamestar (creator of Better Lives and Terra the Pangolin) on our team as a spriter now, so progress should slowly start picking back up. Sorry to keep you waiting for so long!
Its ok,i can wait for max 5 years

srb20572.gif

Here's a reference you probably won't guess off the top of your head.

Progress on the sprites has been at a complete halt, so here's a few sprite edits from me to tide you over.
View attachment 81453 View attachment 81454View attachment 81455
wtf

aint no way
Post automatically merged:

Progress on the sprites has been at a complete halt, so here's a few sprite edits from me to tide you over.
View attachment 81453 View attachment 81454View attachment 81455
you didn't tell me, is this gonna be the new design??

wtf

aint no way
Post automatically merged:

you didn't tell me, is this gonna be the new design??
Kinda. I just wanted to do something for the standing sprites to make him stand out more from vanilla Sonic. Plus the Extra Life in Mephiles' Hunt mod for Sonic 3 AIR has inspired me to add white edges on his shoes.

Hey folks. Thanks for getting Classic Extra Life to 20K downloads! Our team really appreciates it.

That being said, you might have noticed that Vanilla has recently disappeared. We don't know much aside from the fact that they've given up on SRB2 modding.

So as for this thread, I'm not sure what'll happen to it.

(EDIT: As of recently, Vanilla has returned to the Message Board. I ask you not to pester them about what happened to them or any of their mods. The former's not really your business, anyway. Thank you!)

I might eventually make my own thread dedicated to all of my mods - not just Extra Life - but until that happens, here's some screenshots and GIFs to prove that this mod isn't quite dead yet.

srb20326.gif

A new standing rotation was quickly cooked up, spreading the feet out and adding white ends to Extra Life's shoes, which were based on his design in the Extra Life in Mephiles' Hunt mod for Sonic 3 A.I.R. (I was going to drop a link to both Mephiles' Hunt and the Extra Life reskin, but I'm a little concerned about posting links to mods outside the MB. All I'll say is these mods are really easy to find.)

srb20067.png
srb20068.png

Edits for the death and drowning sprites are also present, with the drowning sprite not being based on much of anything. The death sprite is very similar to that of Sonic's aswell.

srb20311.gif

Lastly, while not directly related to the resprite, I thought I'd still give this an honorable mention - the Triple Dash is now a lot more visually appealing thanks to the combined efforts of Scarf the Wolf (aka MrFondusBroMan) and Clone Fighter. Thanks, guys!

Right now v2 is in what I consider to be a pre-beta state. Spriting progress has been at a complete halt recently due to Vanilla's mysterious disappearance, but The spriting's currently being handled by jayflamestar and Clone Fighter, so things are still kicking!

Reminder that the base form sprites aren't the only thing that needs to be done - Extra Life v2 introduces a Super form, which means time spent on this update may double or even triple depending on what our team is doing and their motivation to keep going with this project.

Again, thank you all for 20K downloads on Classic Extra Life. Here's to hoping we can go even higher! I wanted to post this to break the deafening silence on the Message Board.

I do still emplore you to join the official SRB2 Discord server! It's the place where you'll find progress on my mods most often. I'm hiding away in a thread on the #modding-central channel~ Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
is there a pk3 for the resprite?
Short answer: Yes, but actually no.

Long answer: There is a pk3 for v2, but I only give out indev builds to people I can trust. Once the update is finished, I will submit it and hopefully it will end up in Releases. It's probably not gonna happen soon, though.

Long answer: There is a pk3 for v2, but I only give out indev builds to people I can trust. Once the update is finished, I will submit it and hopefully it will end up in Releases. It's probably not gonna happen soon, though.
If you need people to trust,i can help with that. I never leaked any indev build i have played,nor the content they will have.

well, neither have I, I mean, I've never used recording features ever, even if I DID use it, it might just be accidental or smthn, but really, I'm not the type of person to share recordings

understandable.

will this have support for the paper peelout or is it gone forever?
You can still play the Classic version of the mod which has paper style peelout and old his older look.

I dont think that there wont be any support for paper peel-out when V2 comes,though.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back