Resource icon

[Open Assets] Escape Sequence v1.2.1a

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

TheLastKitchenGun

I am the eggman, that's what I am I am the eggman
TheLastKitchenGun submitted a new resource:

Escape Sequence - wario land 4 on the game boy advance ah ah ah

NOTE: this wasn't made with multiplayer in mind, I might make a few changes in a later update

adds wario land 4 like escape sequences, for use in your maps
included is a test map to test this, use this as an example ig
View attachment 79606

Level Header stuff:

example level header:
#escapestartsector is the sector that will start the escape sequence
#escapetimelimit is the amount of time to escape before you DIE.
#changing the...

Read more about this resource...

TheLastKitchenGun updated Escape Sequence with a new update entry:

update

example level header:
#anything starting with a (!) HAS to be set for the script to work.
#escapestartsector is the sector that will start the escape sequence, if you wish to do it via button.
#(!)escapetimelimit is the amount of time to escape before you DIE.
#escapestartsector does NOT change the music automatically, please use a linedef executor to change the music.
#(!)escapepunish changes what happens when the timer hits 0.
#1 =...

Read the rest of this update entry...

imagine a whole campaign of srb2 modified to have these escape sequences. oh and also Damianaman has a point

wouldn't it make more sense to put some sort of frog switch at the end and go back to the start?
I think this would require that mapmakers have a way to hide the goal until the switch (or Pillar John, if you wanna do a Pizza Tower) is hit/destroyed. Or, alternatively, an extra mod that adds a start/end portal/door that switches if a certain parameter is met. You enter the level through it with a new animation, and it permanently locks itself until the escape sequence is activated. This could also override the existing signpost prop, if whoever makes a mod like this desires.

I think this would require that mapmakers have a way to hide the goal until the switch (or Pillar John, if you wanna do a Pizza Tower) is hit/destroyed. Or, alternatively, an extra mod that adds a start/end portal/door that switches if a certain parameter is met. You enter the level through it with a new animation, and it permanently locks itself until the escape sequence is activated. This could also override the existing signpost prop, if whoever makes a mod like this desires.
well that makes sense.

that was indeed the intention

im basically bad at loading lua in main cfg so plz help, the escape doesnt trigger when i touch its designated sector :dramahog:

1678553922177.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back