Efini RX-7

Emgiell

Member
LEGACY MOD

This will no longer be supported,
the mod has branched into a new pack which can be found here.

https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=48035



Efini (Mazda) Rx7
A retro Japanese Sports Car

attachment.php


7 Speed
9 Weight

attachment.php

​

​
Custom sprites made for kart, a smaller design still keeps its iconic shape.
​

​
attachment.php


Its maximum weight allows for pure drifting fun.

attachment.php


The iconic head lights were not forgotten, it pops up when drifting.

attachment.php


Sounds used from: Trackmania United and Granturismo 2.
​
 

Attachments

  • kart0011.gif
    kart0011.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 4,190
  • kart0016.gif
    kart0016.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 4,532
  • kart0012.gif
    kart0012.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 4,689
  • kart0039.gif
    kart0039.gif
    7.4 MB · Views: 4,803
  • Specs.png
    Specs.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 4,405
  • KC_EfiniRx7-V1.1.pk3
    154.1 KB · Views: 710
Last edited:
Finally putting the "Kar" in "Kart", I see.

... that sounded better in my head.
 
Longshot, but were these sprites inspired by the Choro Q series of toys/games by any chance? Because I see a resemblence. Regardless, very good work on this.
 
Change log 04/01/2020

1.1 Fixes an issue with shading not being symmetrical on the back sprite.

7GJww4m.png


I am also working on models for Open GL mode.

8fmidgl.png


p7Q7w3i.png


Longshot, but were these sprites inspired by the Choro Q series of toys/games by any chance? Because I see a resemblence. Regardless, very good work on this.

I didn't initially, but making the car smaller did lead to it looking similar. I did however, look at Choro Q toys to get an idea of how to size the model.
 
Last edited:
Ah, interesting. Kinda thought a Choro Q styled car would be nice to see one day. Again, love how this came out.
 
The sounds it makes just fills me with nostalgia. A skin alt with the Eunos Roadster/MX-5 with the same sounds would be so awesome... Nice art and overall nice character!
 
Just want to say, I didn't let this die, I am currently working on making the sprites not look like a perspective mess. I'm using the model as a better base you can compare the old sprites to the new unfinished ones.

I will be turning this into a Choro-Q themed pack. Would I need to resubmit the thread for every addition?

TqaIM3W.png
 
Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back
Top