E-102 Gamma

[Open Assets] E-102 Gamma 1.4.2

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I know it's already been asked for, but is there a chance of a command to disable/revert the timer being added in a future update?

I don't dislike Gamma's timer, or anything. I actually LOVE it. It makes blasting through the vanilla stages a lot of fun.

But, that's kinda the problem. The timer doesn't work so well for a lot of custom stages, it REALLY doesn't leave you with enough time for some of the larger ones.

That's kinda mainly why I'm asking for an option to toggle it. Or maybe just the ability to alter how much time it gives you...? I dunno.

I think gamma should be able to break walls, like he targets the breakable walls that can be destroyed with the spindash

I'm having some issue where Gamma is always facing forward in standing position but only sometimes visible, generally just flickering into view every so often. The timer also seems to just be acting a bit weird, sometimes counting down from 3 minutes and sometimes counting up as if I'm in time attack? There's also a bunch of traceback lua issues on the top left, as well.

Gamma is one of my favorite characters so I was really looking forward to seeing this-- hopefully this can get figured out soon (Hoping it's something on my end or at least something that's just easily fixable). I can provide video and logs if need be-- this was happening even with just the Gamma mod loaded and nothing else, so I don't know what would be causing it. Running in OpenGL maybe? I had models turned off, so I don't know.
Welcome to the club, that happened to me too. (The sprite issue)

The timer doesn't work so well for a lot of custom stages, it REALLY doesn't leave you with enough time for some of the larger ones.
I'd prefer examples of maps that aren't working well. I tested more custom stages with Gamma than my own set time limits for the vanilla stages, and I tweaked the time limit formula until it made pretty much every map I tried was beatable in one try. There's always content I could miss with how massive the modding scene for SRB2, but I was pretty confident in how many levels I got beatable, including very long ones or enemy-light ones.

Last edited:
There's something wrong with Gamma (and I know I need 2.11 but every time I load up 2.2.11 on my Android, it crashes and sends me back and that makes want to throw my tablet at someone)

1. Your response to my review was  very passive aggressive.

2. SRB2 not taking away Fang's gun is not a valid argument, because you still have to aim that. Gamma only needs to look in the bosses's general direction and the missiles will perfectly hit every time. Bosses are needlessly trivial; that's my point.

my computer hates how this character is constructed; it causes lagging in third person mode.

2. SRB2 not taking away Fang's gun is not a valid argument, because you still have to aim that. Gamma only needs to look in the bosses's general direction and the missiles will perfectly hit every time. Bosses are needlessly trivial; that's my point.
I don't feel like I've said anything wrong. I would be more open to making bosses act differently if you suggested a way that doesn't completely change your controls. (Not to mention, that wouldn't even work for bosses at the end of stages.)

But the way I listed... doesn't... change your controls??? I'm really not sure what you're expecting. All I ask is just to make bosses less of a joke with this mod. The problem is, as I already said, that Gamma's missiles are understandably good at homing in.

Though I do wanna question this; in the source material, did Gamma actually have any bosses to fight?
Post automatically merged:

I don't feel like I've said anything wrong.

In my eyes, it's just the snarky way you seemed to respond. Though if you really never meant anything bad, I'm sorry. I think I've always been bad at understanding tones like that, whether it be sarcasm or jokes or whatnot.

But the way I listed... doesn't... change your controls??? I'm really not sure what you're expecting. All I ask is just to make bosses less of a joke with this mod. The problem is, as I already said, that Gamma's missiles are understandably good at homing in.
I feel like you're just arguing over word choice then. I've been calling it "controls" because it affects how players think about controlling their character, I know it would not LITERALLY be going into your controls menu and changing your key binds. Call it "mechanics", "gameplay", whatever, I just don't want to change how he works in one stage to be different in another like that, especially not one that is literally his main gimmick.

Though I do wanna question this; in the source material, did Gamma actually have any bosses to fight?
Yes, at the end of every single one of their stages (ignoring the first one... or does the Sonic Doll count as a boss?), except for their final boss which is on its own. The bosses in that game were treated as piñatas to beat up at the very end of the time limit to waste a little more time and thus be a little more stressful. It's pretty much identical to how bosses were set up in the classic 2D Sonic games -- very rarely threatening, but it's a little more satisfying than immediately ending the level. I know in the vanilla campaign the bosses are in their own act, but bosses can be placed like that in mod levels, so that's another reason I don't want to change the rules for boss acts.

I agree that Gamma's boss design isn't great, but it's accurate to the original game. I do have my own ideas for how I could make Gamma bosses more a lot more fun, but it would involve completely changing the mechanics of the bosses themselves. While I have considered trying my ideas, it would almost certainly break any bosses that use damage Lua hooks, so I'm not interested. To me, the appeal is being able to play as Gamma in a relatively accurate form across tons of modded content, with gameplay formula changes second, so I'd prefer to keep the mod compatibility.

Hey dude! Nice mod recreating Gamma!
I found a bug where gamma is invis once loaded later, this occured when someone wanted gamma and later he became invis.
he also bugs out the timer for tag

Last edited:
can gamma make it through spindash walls? and for some reason when i go to record attack best time he turns into a tree, is there a fix?

1686875321050.gif

1686875431741.gif

Last edited:
TehRealSalt updated E-102 Gamma with a new update entry:

v1.2 release

View attachment 93954
  • Birdie improvements:
    • Improved sprites, generously donated by @MotorRoach!
    • Each player color now has its own unique bird color.
    • Added a cool transition animation when failing in NiGHTS.
  • Flight Mode improvements:
    • Gamma can now hover over damage floors and death planes.
    • Gamma can now swim in intangible damage FOFs.
    • Fixed a bug that made the hover height above planes inconsistent.

Read the rest of this update entry...

ik people don't *care* about battlemode that much, but I wanna assume this might be a problem in ringslinger or any other battle like modes

gamma ignores invincibly frames and can multi hit players (which can be a problem...) , if this could get fixed, that be nice, but if not, that's fine (this mods awesome btw!)

(EDIT: Yep its a thing in ringslinger as well lmao)

srb20152.gif
srb20153.gif

Last edited:
ik people don't *care* about battlemode that much, but I wanna assume this might be a problem in ringslinger or any other battle like modes

gamma ignores invincibly frames and can multi hit players (which can be a problem...) , if this could get fixed, that be nice, but if not, that's fine (this mods awesome btw!)

(EDIT: Yep its a thing in ringslinger as well lmao)

View attachment 93963 View attachment 93964
E-102 Gamma has officialy became an enemy slayer in Ringslinger modes

regarding bosses, have you ever played Gamma's stages in Sonic adventure? The only bosses that weren't trivial had ways to deflect and block his shots. And Beta was the only boss that could do that.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back