• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dreamcast Sonic (DC-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember if I mentioned this before, but this mod is on hiatus. Basically, I've just been doing other things, weather they be unrelated to SRB2 or not. The most recent progress I did make related to this mod, though, I think you'll enjoy. It probably won't be happening for a while, but after remembering that the menu sprites in Sonic Pocket Adventure was basically SA1 era Uekawa art in motion, I mustered up the courage to attempt a resprite, which in turn motivated Blur to do some clean up. You can check out the original sprites from SPA here, and as for the ones Blur and I came up with... this is as far as we got that I can show off at the moment.View attachment 58551
Multiple references were taken into account for these, with front and back being loosely based off of the SA1 model sheet Uekawa drew, and the I looked at Shadow for reference on Super Sonic, which is why he looks the way he does from the diagonal front view. Also, chances are, this means that the other Dreamcast characters are cancelled, and the plans for them will be repurposed for other projects.
This looks amazing already good luck guys

It's been a while since I stopped by this Thread, how's the mod going?

Can't remember if I mentioned this before, but this mod is on hiatus. Basically, I've just been doing other things, weather they be unrelated to SRB2 or not. The most recent progress I did make related to this mod, though, I think you'll enjoy. It probably won't be happening for a while, but after remembering that the menu sprites in Sonic Pocket Adventure was basically SA1 era Uekawa art in motion, I mustered up the courage to attempt a resprite, which in turn motivated Blur to do some clean up. You can check out the original sprites from SPA here, and as for the ones Blur and I came up with... this is as far as we got that I can show off at the moment.View attachment 58551
Multiple references were taken into account for these, with front and back being loosely based off of the SA1 model sheet Uekawa drew, and the I looked at Shadow for reference on Super Sonic, which is why he looks the way he does from the diagonal front view. Also, chances are, this means that the other Dreamcast characters are cancelled, and the plans for them will be repurposed for other projects.
Don't forget to add a secret "tan legs" mode, since that's one of the many wonderful things that SPA's menu screen gave to us :threat:

I'm confused too
5999-export.png

OH MY GOD I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THIS

Honestly, Sonic was tan legs is more cursed than blue arms, and you can't change my mind on that

Are you guys doing this again?

Now that the SA-Sonic WIP thread is over, you migrated your discussion here? Come on guys, we can't keep having these offtopic discussions on WIP topics for Adventure-era Sonics. You all know exactly what happened last time.

EDIT: Cosigning what Sev said below, but still keep in mind to actually talk about the topic in forum topics.

Last edited:
Locking in accordance with this. If the project resumes, the author may either make a new thread or have us reopen this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back