• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Crash Bandicoot Beta Thread

Finally, a dream come true for me.
This and you other project look very promissing, and i can't wait to see what will be when it is fully finalised. Wish the best for ya! :sadthumbsup:

so i heard that you aren't letting crash pick up any of the shields (which makes sense) but did you consider making the masks from crash 4 (as in the new one) be given from certain shields in place of Aku Aku?

so i heard that you aren't letting crash pick up any of the shields (which makes sense) but did you consider making the masks from crash 4 (as in the new one) be given from certain shields in place of Aku Aku?
Not really, because the only mask that could be implemented into srb2 is Ika-Ika. Akano would be kinda redundant since Crash already has the Death Tornado Spin Glide in his base moveset, Kupuna-Wa would probably be too advanced for me to program at my current skill level (assuming her ability is even possible within srb2), and Lani-Loli is kinda in a similar boat with Kupuna. Even then, I have no idea what shields would appropriately correspond to what mask outside of Ika-Ika as the obvious substitute for the gravity monitor (which is a monitor that doesn't appear in a lot of co-op maps both vanilla and fan-made alike).

Not really, because the only mask that could be implemented into srb2 is Ika-Ika. Akano would be kinda redundant since Crash already has the Death Tornado Spin Glide in his base moveset, Kupuna-Wa would probably be too advanced for me to program at my current skill level (assuming her ability is even possible within srb2), and Lani-Loli is kinda in a similar boat with Kupuna. Even then, I have no idea what shields would appropriately correspond to what mask outside of Ika-Ika as the obvious substitute for the gravity monitor (which is a monitor that doesn't appear in a lot of co-op maps both vanilla and fan-made alike).
Maybe you can make the elementals be the shields instead of aku aku (as in sprites,the shields would work the same as in vanilla srb2)

Alright, after a brief hiatus, development on crash has resumed.

Because I was such a newbie, the entire addon had to be recoded and restructured. He has all his core moveset and health system re-implemented, but deaths haven't been started on yet and the crates are unfortunately probably gonna be moved into a separate "crash mode" addon along with the box counter.

On the bright side, his 3D model has been finished and rigged, so sprites should be underway.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, I forgot to mention: if you're playing on controller, you can now swap the functions of the spin and custom 1 buttons using the crash_consolemode command (use either 0/1 or on/off, i'll add more ways to enable/disable it if needed)

Attachments

• CL_CrashBandicoot_v0.6.0.pk3
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Fixed a bug where Crash wasn't showing up in the character select screen for singleplayer files.

Now I've fixed several bugs and made a few tweaks, such as:
- Fixed a bug where you could do any move while taking damage, dying, or riding stuff
- Fixed a bug where you can do any move while another move is active (spinning while belly-flopping, sliding while spinning, double-jumping while spinning, etc.)
- Fixed crash_consolemode not working with 0 and 1
- Fixed the Aku Aku despawn sound not playing after invincibility ends
- Slightly buffed double jump
- Added the ability for spin to break spikes
- Nerfed the slide underwater
- Removed the spin move actually making the player spin due to how the slide works
- Fixed slide not going into crawl if you hold the slide button after the slide is over

Attachments

• CL_CrashBandicoot_v0.6.1.pk3
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 33
  • CL_CrashBandicoot_v0.6.2.pk3
    1,023 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Fixed a bug where Crash wasn't showing up in the character select screen for singleplayer files.

Now I've fixed several bugs and made a few tweaks, such as:
- Fixed a bug where you could do any move while taking damage, dying, or riding stuff
- Fixed a bug where you can do any move while another move is active (spinning while belly-flopping, sliding while spinning, double-jumping while spinning, etc.)
- Fixed crash_consolemode not working with 0 and 1
- Fixed the Aku Aku despawn sound not playing after invincibility ends
- Slightly buffed double jump
- Added the ability for spin to break spikes
- Nerfed the slide underwater
- Removed the spin move actually making the player spin due to how the slide works
- Fixed slide not going into crawl if you hold the slide button after the slide is over
It plays very good actually! it also works well

Alright, got some of the placeholder sprites added in, changed the hurt sound, and have crash do different animations at the peak of his jumps based on what type of jump he did (regular jump, slide jump, and double jump)

Attachments

• CL_CrashBandicoot_v0.6.3.pk3
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Hi. Decided to try out the beta for this mod, and so far I'm impressed!
The only real issue I noticed is that holding down the crouch button, then jumping, while keeping the crouch button held, will cause him to immediately belly flop as soon as he reaches the peak of his jump.

Also another thing, after performing a Death Tornado Spin in mid-air, sometimes the spin doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:
I've (hopefully) fixed the game-breaking bug where jumping while doing the spin (or sometimes just spinning in mid-air in general) makes it so that you don't spin at all. I've also slightly buffed a few moves and slightly nerfed others, and his placeholder double jump sprites are in. Crash also has footsteps and you spawn in with aku aku just so that you're not completely frail every time you start a new level or died and respawned.

Attachments

• CL_CrashBandicoot_v0.6.4.pk3
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
Have you given any thought to giving Crash his Scuba Gear from Warped while Underwater, plus the ability to swim under said water? The Wumpa Bazooka would be cool too. (I totally get if this isn't possible for you to do, I'm just making a suggestion.)

Have you given any thought to giving Crash his Scuba Gear from Warped while Underwater, plus the ability to swim under said water? The Wumpa Bazooka would be cool too. (I totally get if this isn't possible for you to do, I'm just making a suggestion.)
I'm still figuring out what Crash's reward should be for collecting all the chaos emeralds, since his core gameplay is about fully implemented.

It could be the scuba gear and jetpack like I implemented in an older build, it could be the fruit bazooka, it could be something completely different, I haven't decided yet. What I do know is that I don't want to give him a super form since it's too lazy and it's not appropriate for Crash's character and gameplay.

I'm still figuring out what Crash's reward should be for collecting all the chaos emeralds, since his core gameplay is about fully implemented.
Might I suggest the 2 exclusive power-ups from Crash 2: N.Tranced on the GBA?
The Rocket Jump and Super Slide?

The Rocket Jump is a really high jump (like, we're talking the height you get from hammering a spring) that sacrifices your double jump, activated by holding the Crash Dash skill while standing still, and jumping.

The Super Slide is a slide that lasts twice as long, goes twice as fast, and can break reinforced crates (not sure how that would work for SRB2, maybe he can break Knuckles walls?). It's activated by holding the Crash Dash button and then pressing the Slide button.

Adding onto the whole Rocket Jump height thing, it's almost double the height given from a standard Slide Jump + Double Jump combo.
It also limits your horizontal movement a bit when ascending.

It could be the scuba gear and jetpack like I implemented in an older build, it could be the fruit bazooka, it could be something completely different, I haven't decided yet. What I do know is that I don't want to give him a super form since it's too lazy and it's not appropriate for Crash's character and gameplay.
Yeah, I'm with the idea that everyone else suggested on basically giving Crash ability gaining progression through collecting the Chaos Emeralds, because yeah, giving Crash a Super Form makes no sense. (Their suggestion reminds me of how when Tails in Tails Adventure or Sonic & Pals get the Emeralds in Sonic Superstars, they get new powers from each Emerald. As it would be weird for Crash not to be able to interact with them at all, as he does have a history of being empowered by magic stuff like Aku Aku and The Quantum Masks, as well as the moveset upgrade items he gets in games like Warped. Yeah, I view those as basically magic runes.)

Maybe one of them could be that unused punch move from twinsanity
It would be able to break things,like knuckles and amy's paths entrances & things, etc

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back