Contest Discussion

I think it's okay if it's not a major portion

i.e: Hakuryu Dojo shows has the beginning room of Heroes Hall as an easter egg.

Honestly I never understand what OLDC is. I know it shows off custom levels but when there's a winner are the maps added into the vanilla games?

Honestly I never understand what OLDC is. I know it shows off custom levels but when there's a winner are the maps added into the vanilla games?
The main purpose of the OLDC is to show off your mapping skills. There really is no point to itother than having a shiny role on the MB and the OS that states you won the contest. However, there is a chance that a winner’s level might make it into the next major update. Frozen Hillside Zone was the winner of the May/June 2011 OLDC. Pipe Towers also won the July/August 2011 OLDC.

However, there is a chance that a winner’s level might make it into the next major update. Frozen Hillside Zone was the winner of the May/June 2011 OLDC. Pipe Towers also won the July/August 2011 OLDC.
There is no such chance. The fact that those maps were included in the base game are a coincidence - Blade is a member of STJr and Pipe Towers was simply deemed a suitable replacement for MKB as an extra stage. Do not enter the OLDC on the expectation that your map will become a vanilla map.

Yeah obviously you gotta win OLDC and THEN force your way into the dev team and shill your stages. /s

There is no such chance. The fact that those maps were included in the base game are a coincidence - Blade is a member of STJr and Pipe Towers was simply deemed a suitable replacement for MKB as an extra stage. Do not enter the OLDC on the expectation that your map will become a vanilla map.
I could’ve sworn I remember seeing that in the contest description

I could’ve sworn I remember seeing that in the contest description
Maybe you're thinking of that one time the devs said "the winner's level will be added to vanilla!" as an attempt to reinvigorate the OLDC. That wound up never happening as it didn't work, and the OLDC was discontinued.

1619750221803.png

Welp, this is turning out to be a big one.

Probably throwing the contest by making an intentionally difficult map. I never even intended it for the contest anyways, but was pressured too. Eh, doesn't matter, I'm having fun making it.

srb20506.gif

Might as well show off what I've been workin' on for the past month or so :P

Sonic once again finds himself in a strange place
srb20268.png

"Just another eggman base", Sonic originally thought, but this one was different.
srb20269.png

Nothing about this base made sense, portals to a borderworld, peculiar machines that seemingly do nothing, mirrors and structures with strange properties, what's going on?!
srb20275.png

To make things worse, Sonic finds himself constrained to a specialized track that spreads itself across the facility.
srb20271.png

Can Sonic escape this facility, or will he be cursed to wander the track-led maze forever?

srb20272.png

Coming soon lmao

With school finals coming up, I don't have the time to finish this for OLDC.
Sorry guys. If I CAN finish it I'll submit it, I just realized that it's kinda infeasible with the amount of time before deadline.
I'll still try to submit some smaller stages for multiplayer divisions, however.
I'll release the stage shown above separately when it's finished. Don't worry I'm not abandoning it.

With school finals coming up, I don't have the time to finish this for OLDC.
Sorry guys. If I CAN finish it I'll submit it, I just realized that it's kinda infeasible with the amount of time before deadline.
I'll still try to submit some smaller stages for multiplayer divisions, however.
I'll release the stage shown above separately when it's finished. Don't worry I'm not abandoning it.
What's the deadline for the upcoming OLDC anyways?

So, in future OLDC pack releases, can we please have Sound Test unlocked so that mappers can optionally credit their level music using a MUSICDEF file? I know 9 times out of 10 nobody uses it, but that could change as I intend/would like to update the Sound and Music Tutorial page on the srb2 wiki with info from the MUSICDEF page, that way the info is more convenient for mappers to look up.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back