Classic (Proper) Sounds

Classic (Proper) Sounds 4.2

carlrev

carlrevolution
No, tokens weren't in Sonic 3. I don't recall what the sound itself was used for but I know the sound originates from Sonic 3 somewhere.
The sound was used in both Sonic 3 and Sonic 3D Blast. I changed the sound to be more consistent with Sonic 3D Blast on the Genesis.
  • In Sonic 3, the sound was used to notify the player that they got a "perfect" in a Special Stage. In Sonic 3&K, it was also used to tell the player that they could transform into their Hyper state after collecting all of the Super Emeralds.
  • In Sonic 3D Blast, it plays for when you collect a "Sonic" medal.
Post automatically merged:

I think I know! It's the SFX that plays when the game gives you the cue that you can turn Super (or Hyper) after clearing the last special stage of the set. That's what I think, anyway.
That's exactly what it is! But, the sound only plays when you can turn Hyper, not Super.

Icarus

Phantasy Savior
Oh yeah that one, I love it! (skip to 0:26)

Actually, Sonic 3&K's sound effects are great (and I love how many are reused in 3D Blast Genesis)

I remember adding a mod to Sonic R PC that changed the sound effect by the 3D Blast ones as both were made by Traveler's Tale and I liked the consistency.

Mr.Siphon

Do YoU bElIeVe In GrAvItY?
Aren't sounds from the game already from Genesis games?
Not exactly. But there are the sound files from S1, S2, S-CD, S3&K, Sonic Blast and Knuckles Chaotix that you can access in Sound Test. I'm just visiting this page, but I think the mod replaces the srb2 sounds with the files already stored away. ManyMinorTweaks Revamped has a feature like this as well

SonikkuBoy

Are you up 2 it?
Not exactly. But there are the sound files from S1, S2, S-CD, S3&K, Sonic Blast and Knuckles Chaotix that you can access in Sound Test. I'm just visiting this page, but I think the mod replaces the srb2 sounds with the files already stored away. ManyMinorTweaks Revamped has a feature like this as well
Oh, ok.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)