Resource icon

[Open Assets] BotSkin - Pair up any 2 characters

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Played around with Sonic & Knuckles. It was fun. Would it be possible to implement one more command that switches the player character with the bot character?

I think I found an issue with the add-on. More specifically, it's a compatibility issue with VL_super.lua. If the player character is any character that isn't able to turn Super by default (Tails, Amy, or Fang), they won't be able to transform, even with VL_super.lua loaded. I don't know why this is the case, as the VL_super.lua still works if I select those characters from the start. But then, of course, I don't have a bot following me.

Last edited:
How do l use it?

Ok, this kind of question has been already answered. So i will remember it

The skins means characters, to use it you need to play as Sonic & Tails. Then open the console log (with the ~ key as default), type playerskin (to change your current character) or botskin (to change your partner) and the name of the character

NOTE: Some custom characters like neo sonic or modern uses another type of nomination, try checking the latest log file and search "added skin [Name of the character]" to type that name properly)

And that's all! i hope you understand me

OK so i put in playerskin modernsonic and then it does not work i wanna put classic sonic and modern sonic together i keep typing botskin sonic nothing happened i even tried it in the pause menu it worked but when i leave the menu they go back to normal

OK so i put in playerskin modernsonic and then it does not work i wanna put classic sonic and modern sonic together i keep typing botskin sonic nothing happened i even tried it in the pause menu it worked but when i leave the menu they go back to normal

So when a mod is loaded and you start a game, a lot of text will appear in the console. Scroll up with the Page Up key until you find a line saying it added _____ skin. That will tell you the name of the skin.

neo sonic's name in the console is msonic... I don't know why (new to the mb by the way, first comment)
Congrats on your first comment, bud
The reason why Neo Sonic is named "msonic" in the console is because it was probably the first Modern Sonic "character" wad (m is for modern lol), but when ModernAbilities (what we now know as just "Modern Sonic") arrived, it was renamed to Neo Sonic to point people toward ModernAbilities if they wanted Modern Sonic. They just forgot to change the skin name.

Congrats on your first comment, bud
The reason why Neo Sonic is named "msonic" in the console is because it was probably the first Modern Sonic "character" wad (m is for modern lol), but when ModernAbilities (what we now know as just "Modern Sonic") arrived, it was renamed to Neo Sonic to point people toward ModernAbilities if they wanted Modern Sonic. They just forgot to change the skin name.

that explanation looks like a good enough reason. (also thanks for the congrats. it just made my day lol)

Would be cool if you could add a bot then put the skin name(eggman, juniosonic, ovaknux, etc.). Then you could have an Army of Knuckles ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). unless there already is a lua that does this and im just stupid

Would be cool if you could add a bot then put the skin name(eggman, juniosonic, ovaknux, etc.). Then you could have an Army of Knuckles ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). unless there already is a lua that does this and im just stupid

It's my understanding that it is currently a limit of only one bot at a time, for technical reasons. But I'm sure there are people working to add a second bot.

If you don't know the name of the skin you are type in commands 'skin' it should show you something like this
Your skin is modernsonic default is sonic and you know your skin! Your welcome

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back