Resource icon

[Reusable] BotSkin - Pair up any 2 characters

This thread contains content that may be reused, modified, or ported by anyone.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
So a while back MotdSpork made More Choices, which allowed you to combine Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles into any team of 2 that you wanted. This new Lua script I've created allows you to make a team of 2 out of ANY skins, including addons.

This script adds 2 console commands:

PLAYERSKIN <skin> - Sets your skin
BOTSKIN <skin> - Sets the bot's skin

Just start a game as Sonic & Tails (or any other pairing), then use the console commands to set your characters.

Attachments

• srb20007.gif
    srb20007.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 2,186
  • srb20010.gif
    srb20010.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 1,601
  • srb20013.gif
    srb20013.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 1,487
  • vl_BotSkin-v1.lua
    480 bytes · Views: 10,570
Last edited:

MellowJacket

The unreliable judge
Judge
Hey, sorry to be quite so picky about filenames after release. But in the name of getting our filenaming conventions completely uniform, could you rename your file to VL_BotSkin-v1.lua? The prefix needing to be in capitals in this case.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought skins were colors. Like how Sonic can be pink, and Tails can be Cobalt, etc. Knuckles can be white.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

The only thing that would make this better, is if this could be used without needing to use the console command. (Which I don't know if that's possible). (Like Sonic & Amy being one of the options in player select. Or even a Sonic Advance like "Choose your partner.") But that's not possible with LUA I think.

Last edited:
It's funny that this has a mod, as if you use devmode 1 you can use skin [skin] to set your skin (skin referring to character)

JakeLeB

Now with 25% more fat
The commands aren't working for me....

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out how to use it. Though Idk how to set Neo Sonic as a bot

Last edited:

Quetzo

A Sucky Pixel Artist
Here's What You Do, You Grab Modern Sonic, Then You Grab Classic Sonic, And Then Play. Thats It.

TurboShell

that guy who likes Portal 2
This isn't working. Every time I try to type "PLAYERSKIN TAILS" it just says
"PLAYERSKIN <Skin> | Changes your skin"

Edit: nvm turns out I just had to do all lowercase

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)