Backwards Aigis

[Open Assets] Backwards Aigis v2.0.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
There indeed is a backstory for her! It's in the Overview tab, but I don't mind stating it again in more detail:

Backwards Aigis is a scrapped model of the Aigis you see currently driving around in Srb2Kart. After many tests to make a racing version, the model was scrapped and the default one was used instead. Precautions were not properly taken when deactivating the scrapped model, and it booted up in a warehouse, surrounded by crates of unused things. She grabs a pair of shades, and practices racing backwards to take on the racing scene in style! (Hence the Srb2Kart mod where she first appears.)

Not long after this, she takes this further by using her backwards skills to make her way through normal platforming challenges, and asks Tails to fit her with cool finger lazers.

Last edited:
There indeed is a backstory for her! It's in the Overview tab, but I don't mind stating it again in more detail:

Backwards Aigis is a scrapped model of the Aigis you see currently driving around in Srb2Kart. After many tests to make a racing version, the model was scrapped and the default one was used instead. Precautions were not properly taken when deactivating the scrapped model, and it booted up in a warehouse, surrounded by crates of unused things. She grabs a pair of shades, and practices racing backwards to take on the racing scene in style! (Hence the Srb2Kart where she first appears.)

Not long after this, she takes this further by using her backwards skills to make her way through normal platforming challenges, and asks Tails to fit her with cool finger lazers.
Huh. I haven't played srb2kart before because I'm on mobile. But that's an interesting backstory. But still, why backwards? They could've ported a character facing forwards instead.

Huh. I haven't played srb2kart before because I'm on mobile. But that's an interesting backstory. But still, why backwards? They could've ported a character facing forwards instead.
She moves backwards because:
1. It's funny
2. It's cool
3. This video:
Which lead to the Srb2Kart mod,
Which brought us here.

If I wanted her to face forwards, I would've just made a regular Aigis mod instead.

Tanooki116 updated Backwards Aigis with a new update entry:

Taking Charge!

Lots of improvements! I've gotten much better at Lua, so I can really start spicing things up now.

Changes:
- Custom Lazer Sprites implemented
- Lazers are now a little faster, to prevent outspeeding them in Boost Mode
- Lazer sizes were altered - let me know if they feel off
- Charge Shot implemented, along with corresponding HUD element
- ChrispyChars Tricks implemented
- Updated Super Transform Animation (She looks a little cooler)
- Super Abilities Implemented (Not spoiling them here!)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Small, lazer-focused update

Changes:
- Got rid of groundsparks entirely. I've been told that they lag up netgames, which is fair.
- Added in the console command "hominglazers" to toggle:
- Lazers that home in on anything she's facing away from
- Some have found it annoying to miss things by a very small margin, especially on netgames, so this should help. Do note that it defaults to off, though.

ToDos:
- Still the same as last time, except maybe a command toggle for groundsparks as well

Speed and efficiency! (And bugs...)

Changes:
- Re-did all of her sprites for higher quality, and lower resolution (and added animations she didn't have before)
- Some addon support (Milne dance, Kirby abilities)
- Converted to .pk3 (The size difference is shocking - I'm so sorry for not doing this before)
- New boost mode inspired by her playstyle in SRB2Kart
- Charge shots now break through walls and spikes, and deal double damage

ToDos:
- Still need to add SRB2Persona and SRB2Battle support - gonna keep on adding this here...

srb20019.gif
srb20025.gif
srb20022.gif

I've been working on SRB2Persona support for the past little while! I'm sorry I hadn't done this earlier.

Found a bug
it seems like if someone is playing as B. Aigis, the charge meter shows up for everyone, even if they're not playing as her.

Attachments

• srb20006.png
    srb20006.png
    346.1 KB · Views: 93
Found a bug
it seems like if someone is playing as B. Aigis, the charge meter shows up for everyone, even if they're not playing as her.
I'll make sure to fix that for the next release!

any work on that?
Sorry, progress has been slow... personal life stuff.
As of right now though, most basic actions are working (melee attack, two special lazer attacks, basic animations.)
Those will come with the next update.
After that, more abilities and better animations are planned — I just need time to think of those abilities first.

All that aside — this next update's pretty big.
Again.
Better animations (no more static floating around), a stomp + spinning air kick, and her becoming a nospin character, and other things.
Not sure when it'll be done, but it's on its way.

Just a heads up — I am still working on this.
In fact — since summer's about to start for me:
Backwards Aigis 2.0 is almost here!
It's mostly done, really — I just need to polish some stuff.
She's got 4 extra moves and some across-the-board changes that'll shake things up a whole lot, but not so much that the gameplay from before will completely fade.
Hoping for her to be a "easy to play, hard to master" speed character.
With that in mind... is there anyone here interested in helping me playtest?
I want to make sure this turns out top-notch, even if not many people play her in the end.
If you'd like to playtest, let me know!

Again, still working on this. Every feature I'd like to see in this update's finished - just gotta add some polish.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back